THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Troubles

letsgojackets

A week or so ago I felt that Gordon was going to be shut down for a year. With the stiff penalties that the NFL will give out for pot will be without mercy. Be gone you evil person for smoking the devil's weed (6 games 10 games, a year). Now on the other hand if I knock the shit out of my future wife and drag her lifeless body out of a elevator laying on her face for all to see on film and ONLY get 2 games off. Do the math and there sould be a chance Gordon will play sometime this year. Lets see how this plays out for how many games who should deserve to miss...

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is becoming increasingly nerve wracking. I have read rumours running the gamut from A to Z.

I'm praying for ya Josh. You might be a idiot, but your out idiot, a Cleveland Brown through and through. I have to venture to guess that of he pulls this off and manages a minimal or no suspension, he will be greatly indebted to the Browns orgnaization for standing behind him the entire time and not once breaking stride.

#FreeFlash

#JG:Browns Lifer

?

V, as a Browns fan, no I don't want Gordon to get the year- and not just because he's one of the top five WRs in the NFL. He gets the year- I'd say the odds are extremely high he winds up like Blackmon. It's not just the weed- it's the reckless driving, bad choice of pals, and the DUI- so if you want to take the stance he's run out of strikes- I can't disagree with you.

But if you smoke the stuff- you have to believe in Gordon's "second hand smoke" defense no? Go sit in a car for an hour or to with your pals toking like there's no tomorrow, and the car is a cloud of smoke- you don't think it's possible anyone in the car wouldn't have a trace (and that's what Gordon registered- a trace) of THC in their system- smoking or not, if they were tested the next day?

Oh, I TOTALLY agree- should the test get tossed, and everyone I talked to in the Lab today thought it should- too close to the artificially low cutoff and discrepant results- Goodell- who's scheduled to meet with Gordon next week needs to tell him. This is your last chance to fly right- don't mess it up.

He's not making enough of an effort PG. How many times did he get busted in college? Then at least two more in the pros. Sure I had a cough. Purple Drank and booze- a losing combination for ya Josh- got a 'scrip for it? No? Tooooo bad. Just ask Joe Haden about alderral. Since Josh got busted for a DUI, I'd say the odds Josh was doing the Drank for medicinal purposes is about zero.

PG- Ray Rice is now Gordon's best pal- at least in the court of public opinion. It will be what it will be.

I 100% believe he could have failed because of second hand smoke but he should have never been around it second hand to get flagged. He was in hot water before, remove the element and he would have never been in the situation he is now.

Just tossing this out there, not as a jinx...

If Gordon plays this season, does Farmer's strategy of not taking a wide receiver at the draft look nearly as bad? I never minded in the first place, but if the Browns can roll out Gordon, Austin, Hawkins, Burleson... It looks a hell of a lot better to me than last season. I'd be willing to call that list (with Jordan Cameron) a STRENGTH. Far from the weakness we've been expecting.

If Gordon plays this season, does Farmer's strategy of not taking a wide receiver at the draft look nearly as bad? I never minded in the first place, but if the Browns can roll out Gordon, Austin, Hawkins, Burleson... It looks a hell of a lot better to me than last season. I'd be willing to call that list (with Jordan Cameron) a STRENGTH. Far from the weakness we've been expecting.

From all accounts, Austin is looking like the healthy Austin of old, and that could be the quiet free agent pick up of the season.

Especially if Gordon plays (oh please, sweet Jesus) because then Austin is a #2. Baby Hawk the slot. Burleson becomes a dependable guy you can bring in at any time. Benjamin, and perhaps Charles Johnson, as deep threats and Armstrong as veteran depth. That is a impressive arsenal. Oh .. let's not forget the top young up and coming TE in the NFL and a couple RBs that are dangerous receivers out of the backfield.

I said it before, I will say it again: if Gordon plays 14+ games, with our defense, we are the favorites IMHO to win the division. That's assuming we have the Hoyer that we saw for three weeks last year. If Johnny explodes ... forget about it.

Zombo

From all accounts, Austin is looking like the healthy Austin of old, and that could be the quiet free agent pick up of the season.

Especially if Gordon plays (oh please, sweet Jesus) because then Austin is a #2. Baby Hawk the slot. Burleson becomes a dependable guy you can bring in at any time. Benjamin, and perhaps Charles Johnson, as deep threats and Armstrong as veteran depth. That is a impressive arsenal. Oh .. let's not forget the top young up and coming TE in the NFL and a couple RBs that are dangerous receivers out of the backfield.

I said it before, I will say it again: if Gordon plays 14+ games, with our defense, we are the favorites IMHO to win the division. That's assuming we have the Hoyer that we saw for three weeks last year. If Johnny explodes ... forget about it.

Zombo

You're right but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.

Insane how much of a difference Gordon makes. With him our WRs are a strength. Without him its terrible.

if Gordon plays Farmer/F.O. look like genuises. if this rookie class of WRs bust they look like gods.

My prediction is all or nothing. They are either going to follow the letter of the law and pull him out for a full year, or they are going to say something was messed up and give him nothing. I heard that the guy Goodell selected to be present for the hearing doesn't buy into second hand smoke, so I figure it is going to be a full year ban.

agreed. the problem is, there's no documented studies or accepted measurements on what second hand smoke entails, nor could there ever be because 2nd hand smoke is a vague, bull-shit term.

a shotgun is technically 2nd hand smoke and regardless if from joints blunts or just exhale it's typically about the same as taking a big bong hit. clam baking/hot boxing etc puts so much up in the air...saying you can't fail from second hand smoke aka "just being around it" yet conducting tests in single digit nanograms is fucking ridiculous.

who knows? Gordon's case may demand a new threshold be implemented driving research that gets the slow wheels of justice turning regarding federal laws on mj in the entire US. !!!!! :wub:

I hope they shock the world and I am watching Josh week 3.

Z

this ^^

Give Josh Gordon a break is all I'm saying. He's making the effort. Ricky Williams' he is not. Josh cares, maybe too much for his own good in not turning his back on those that are maybe a bad influence. I love Josh, he's a good kid/young man- If you can't see that from him by now... You are blind.

A lot of people have a lot of animosity toward Josh right now because they 'jumped to the proverbial conclusion' in their assessment of Josh Gordon's character and now have to back-track on themselves. Some people just hate to be wrong and will look to blame Josh in some other way.

#FreeJoshGordon and let the man 'be great'. To become Great, One must first overcome obstacles and endeavors, striving to break records whilst at the same time shattering those assumptions of your perceived success. Josh has all the recipes right now to hurdle from one of life's lowest points straight to the top of the NFL's highest peak. That is why this is so important an appeal. A young man's entire life hangs in the balance.

Please, make the right call Goodell. Let Gordon Play.... Let Gordon Play, Let Gordon Play, Let ...

blah blah blah blah

where were you until like a month ago? johnny come lately after the latest press releases. people are entitled to react and/or change their opinions at will and don't have to check in with you or anyone else between ideas.

if you wanna hold people accountable do it across the board, Gordon too. i applaud your fandom and support for josh but seriously, he made his bed. unless you know him personally you don't even know if it's a low point for him. should be, but who of us knows? it could be a joke for all we know. or not. but he certainly hasn't come out to the press or with a statement that "this is the lowest point in his life".

dude fucked up, repeatedly. if suspended he handicapped the Browns season. it's not fair to put all this pressure on him but reality is he probably blew the Browns season if he's gone all year. maybe not. but probably. he's a difference maker and has a "Lawrence Taylor" level effect on a game when playing. while unattainable for 80% of the league, he makes the 100 yd/game receiving rule of thumb look LOW. aside from extra coverage you can't gameplan around his quickness, speed or his great vision and hands. you can't remove what makes him great. he is a playmaker and a game changer. and that is the ONLY reason anyone tolerates this nonsense entitlement millionaire behavior.

no one else wanted him, even Lombardi, Browns coaches and organization stood-fast. believed in him. paid him over 3M. allowed him to do multiple network interviews this off-season. showed confidence in him and didn't draft a WR AFTER fully knowing of his failed UA (but not of his upcoming speeding or DWI at the time). and this is how he repays their trust in him and loyalty to him?

A young man's entire life hangs in the balance.

gimme a break w ur melodrama. it's not like his penalty is lopping his hands off at the wrists. ask Austin if they coddle long in the nfl. Gordon has pushed it to the limit. if he doesn't get the hammer on this latest "run", this will definitely be his very last chance before a total (and possibly lengthy) ban.

Zombo

I know there's a little bit of Kool Aid drinking here... But I don't think you're too far off. As difficult as it is for me to call the Browns the "favorite" in anything, I can't pick apart this roster to the point where I see glaring weaknesses. If Gordon plays, the only spot where people should be able to point is QB. And really, that's out of ambiguity more than anything.

I tell ya, if Gordon is down for the season... I am one pissed off fan.

if Gordon plays Farmer/F.O. look like genuises. if this rookie class of WRs bust they look like gods.

Not sure I'm reading that right . . .

From what I've been seeing in regards to the WR's we have in camp, there's a surprising bit of competition.

- Gordon (TBD)

- Austin

- Burleson

- Hawkins

- Johnson

- Benjamin

- Snead

- Armstrong

I'm not sure who I cut from those, and there may be a few others fighting for a spot.

We're probably only going to keep six, and I've seen some picking that we only keep five (with Benjamin just making the cut).

Not a bunch of Superstars, but quite serviceable, and I must say I'm a bit surprised.

EDIT :

Keep in mind, we had Little, Bess, and Cooper on the Roster last year . . .

Not sure I'm reading that right . . .

From what I've been seeing in regards to the WR's we have in camp, there's a surprising bit of competition.

- Gordon (TBD)

- Austin

- Burleson

- Hawkins

- Johnson

- Benjamin

- Snead

- Armstrong

I'm not sure who I cut from those, and there may be a few others fighting for a spot.

We're probably only going to keep six, and I've seen some picking that we only keep five (with Benjamin just making the cut).

Not a bunch of Superstars, but quite serviceable, and I must say I'm a bit surprised.

EDIT :

Keep in mind, we had Little, Bess, and Cooper on the Roster last year . . .

He is saying if the overall draft class at WR (especially Watkins) is a bust, they look like gods

Archived