THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vrs TN replay on NFL Channel Right now

Flugel

Damn, it's already over. That said, it was Cliffnotes reminder of guys who stepped up that I would have never expected to deliver us game changing moments pre-game.

Understanding how much margin of error a 28-3 half time deficit leaves a team wanting to comeback and win, Travis Benjamin, not to be confused with Greg Scissorhands Little, got open in clutch situation and caught the ball every time. I dropped some serious cake that weekend and to sit where I sat in that stadium so I really appreciated him removing any such thoughts of crying in my beer. That might have been his best game as a WR for us.

Tank Carder's blocked punt gave us a Safety.

Chris Kirksey's hit on a Jake Locker we had no solutions for woke up a lot of teammates even if it was a yard or 2 after Locker crossed the goal line. Some former Missedagain Wolverine (Taylor Lewan) wanted to play tough guy like he was Braylon Edwards with beer muscles in a bar. Shutup and play football. If you got that much energy after the play - you're gonna have to stop picking your nose and taking jock strap inventory during the play. That's gotta be new school Missedagain stuff; because Thom Darden, Leroy Hoard and Steve Everitt put all their energy into the play. It's easy to see why the school up North was desperately seeking Harbaugh. If he can make Stanford relevant to college football - he'll definitely get nutsacks back in jockstraps there.

Our offensive line just owned the line of scrimmage for our running game. Ben Tate was actually having a good game. Early on in the year, he wasn't doing that bad until the game I saw he limp off the field. He was never the same after that here. The good news there is Crow has much better upside and we were able to tap it.

Our defense that gave up 28 first half points gave up 0 second half points, which was all our remaining margin of error could afford. What I never noticed on television was how often our big dlinemen were sprinting on and off the field during our situational rotations. Another BIG reason these guys have to show up in shape. Keep in mind, Danny Shelton's weight went all the way down to 339 pounds during his pre-draft workout preparations leading up to our offseason strength and conditioning program. All that said, he never came off the field when he weighed over 360 lbs primarily because he had the strength and endurance to make big plays on 3rd downs. Not only that, he's a film junkie that comes prepared to game day with first step instinct and awareness of situational tendencies of all opponents.

Tank Carder's blocked punt gave us a Safety.

I called that play in the tavern right before it happened. What a great game that day. Benjamin did make some great catches. Would be nice if he could get back to being a threat on punt returns or he might not make the team.

Archived