THE BROWNS BOARD

Mini Camp notes

Zombo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its a false rumor. Sounds like they're basing it on a lack of twitter activity after 6/14 and some unknown source. He participated in the mini camp, so if he hurt it on day one, he kept going. Here he is June 19th(almost a week later). Looks pretty good to me.

He's hitting those practice dummies pretty hard and the knee isnt even wrapped.

http://www.fatmanwriting.com/2015/06/watch-cleveland-brownd-first-round-pick.html

Is it safe to say that Farmer can have a 43 man active roster and 10 man practice squad settled before his suspension??

53-man roster, plus 10-man PS. Also, yes, he would set the roster before his suspension kicks in.

I think its a false rumor. Sounds like they're basing it on a lack of twitter activity after 6/14 and some unknown source. He participated in the mini camp, so if he hurt it on day one, he kept going. Here he is June 19th(almost a week later). Looks pretty good to me.

He's hitting those practice dummies pretty hard and the knee isnt even wrapped.

http://www.fatmanwriting.com/2015/06/watch-cleveland-brownd-first-round-pick.html

Agreed. First thing I noticed was that he hadn't been heard from since his efforts to graduate. It's all absolute, typical rumor & gossip spreading from some bush league internet "source" wanting to make themselves known. To me, they've just hit my "ignore them" button.

I'm with D Bone....I hate this stuff.

Mike

Oh . . . isn't this just a lovely rumor . . .

http://clevelandsports360.com/wordpress/is-danny-shelton-out-for-the-season-are-the-cleveland-browns-hiding-an-injury/

1st Rounder Danny Shelton could be out for the Season with a knee injury.

Nothing lovely(or true) about it....

Shelton practiced hard everyday of mini camp. This "rumor" isnt even a rumor. Its just fiction written by one guy who submits blogs from his home. For it to be a "rumor", then someone else would have to be talking about it right?.......except no one but the "blogger" seems to have a source saying the same thing...

Always wonder how these guys writing stories from their basements end up with the inside sources...

Hope it's fake.

Do think I recall hearing something about him having an injury/tweak at one point though.

Saw it and thought I'd throw it out for folks to look into - haven't seen anything else about it other than what I linked.

oh the deep dark caverns of internet rumors and the false prophets who spew them. i think they dwell on a level (in the imaginary world of make-believe) right above hell where saddam hussein and amy winehouse party. only thing stopping them from going all the way to the basement is a missing crack whore, huge dildos and an eight ball.

99% of me thinks this is nothing more than mom's basement reporting bullshit......... But that 1% is a loud, annoying little fucker

What next?

I believe the "source" wants to stir up comments and notoriety, and is

wanting to get a job with the National Enquirer.

Just a product of the lull between Minis and TC...

At least it did not involve fireworks.

53-man roster, plus 10-man PS. Also, yes, he would set the roster before his suspension kicks in.

True, but...

... as I understand it Farmer will be under suspension when the final cuts of the other 31 teams are made public, so there could be some late personnel decisions in which he cannot legally participate... not even via texts. However, he can leave behind a big stack of "what-ifs" for his assistant.

Just a product of the lull between Minis and TC...

At least it did not involve fireworks.

True, but...

... as I understand it Farmer will be under suspension when the final cuts of the other 31 teams are made public, so there could be some late personnel decisions in which he cannot legally participate... not even via texts. However, he can leave behind a big stack of "what-ifs" for his assistant.

Yes, correct. I'm sure we'll basically have a list of 'desirable targets' that are likely to be cut by other teams. But honestly, we're looking at the bottom 5-10 players on the PS/roster, it really won't affect the team.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived