THE BROWNS BOARD

Be Prepared To Lose Gipson

Gipson is clearly unhappy with his situation with the Browns, and his recent comments allude to the fact that he likely won't be in brown and orange come this time next year.

“It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that I wasn’t pleased,”

“No matter who you are,” Gipson said, “there could come a day where, hey, I’m not suiting up in a Browns uniform. That’s neither here or there right now. I’m back now. I’ve signed this tender, and I know that I’ll be a Cleveland Brown at least for this next year.”

“There’s nothing bad that come out of playing out this tender when I see the safety market going up and I’m confident in what I can do,”

There's always the possibility of the Browns tagging him next year, as well. But it doesn't seem like this is a scenario that will end well for the Browns. Gipson wants a monster contract and he's not going to get that here.

Dude needs to pull up his big boy pants. If he wants to get paid, by anyone, go out and prove it on the field, and hell yea, that includes actually finishing a season on the field and not the trainers table.

I think he seems alright...not talking crap or anything.....and he says they are continuing to talk....

I expect if he returns to form, the Browns will work to sign him before the season ends......if he wants #1 money, hell be gone.....but if he has reasonable expectations, we'll sign him.....(he did say they were very close....so Im guessing the Browns said lets see how it goes and then well talk......)...

Here's his interview from today for anyone who's interested....

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Gipson-Ill-Play-Like-The-Team-Needs-Me-To/36fe302f-2841-4996-a647-b2559df273b0

I really hate when players piss and moan about their contracts publically.

You can dislike something and not whine about it with a mic in your face.

If Farmer won't say it. 4 Square is my guy.

I don't see the problem here. The Browns are controlling the situation, like they should, and Gip will get paid next year, he is not going to want to leave this defense which is a free safety's dream.

Campbell was drafted to replace Whit eventually, and I think I the Browns see Gip and Camp as their safties down the road for some time.

Z

not end well for the browns? really?

HA! that's why every team had an chance to sign the dude and passed.

if any position on this team can be fluidly transitioned to from the depth of people playing DBs i would think gip's position would be one of them.

he better check himself before he wrecks himself.

I think he seems alright...not talking crap or anything.....and he says they are continuing to talk....

I expect if he returns to form, the Browns will work to sign him before the season ends......if he wants #1 money, hell be gone.....but if he has reasonable expectations, we'll sign him.....(he did say they were very close....so Im guessing the Browns said lets see how it goes and then well talk......)...

Here's his interview from today for anyone who's interested....

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Gipson-Ill-Play-Like-The-Team-Needs-Me-To/36fe302f-2841-4996-a647-b2559df273b0

If Gipson comes back, stays healthy and continues to produce at the level he has been - then he'll certainly be in talks for best safety in the NFL. I'd have no problem paying him Earl Thomas money.

If Gipson comes back, stays healthy and continues to produce at the level he has been - then he'll certainly be in talks for best safety in the NFL. I'd have no problem paying him Earl Thomas money.

nor do i. he just has to remember this is a biz and he IS coming off an injury………...

so things might not just go his way right this second.

If Gipson comes back, stays healthy and continues to produce at the level he has been...

That really what it boils down to...

TCB between the lines, Gip, and the rest takes care of itself.

Looks like Eric Weddle will be ufa next year too......sooooooo, IF we cant sign Gip, there's at least one more really good one who will be on the table......

Love some Weddle. And there's at least 1 more really good one named P. Rivers that can come with him. See Ya JM.

Love some Weddle. And there's at least 1 more really good one named P. Rivers that can come with him. See Ya JM.

If Rivers doesn't want to go to LA with the Chargers, there's no way he's coming to Cleveland.

Weddle? Crazy enough (in a good way) to be a Brown...

... but I can't get excited about Rivers. Just seems "bad crazy" to me.

Weddle? Crazy enough (in a good way) to be a Brown...

... but I can't get excited about Rivers. Just seems "bad crazy" to me.

"Bad Crazy" is better than a Mentor, than promoted to a "Bridge" Than per Media and Team Reports "Josh, Better than any previous season". Hell we may not need a QB period. Come on Opener at Jets!! (God please get Josh threw camp or we our screwed)

• 2 weeks later...

Gipson needs to wake up. This is a guy who clearly needs to fire his agent, because that dude is telling him the wrong stuff. There are so many one year wonders in this league it isn't funny. He was tagged with a 2nd round qualifying offer, which basically says "hey give us a 2, and he is yours". If he was a good safety he would have gotten at least a sniff, but he got nothing. Dude needs to wake up and realize that 1 year that he didn't even stay healthy for doesn't mean he should get Ed Reed cash. Hell even if he manages to stay healthy this year, and have a great year I still wouldn't pay him what "he thinks he is worth".

What ever happened to earning your money? Sad how these kids act these days.

Gipson needs to wake up. This is a guy who clearly needs to fire his agent, because that dude is telling him the wrong stuff. There are so many one year wonders in this league it isn't funny. He was tagged with a 2nd round qualifying offer, which basically says "hey give us a 2, and he is yours". If he was a good safety he would have gotten at least a sniff, but he got nothing. Dude needs to wake up and realize that 1 year that he didn't even stay healthy for doesn't mean he should get Ed Reed cash. Hell even if he manages to stay healthy this year, and have a great year I still wouldn't pay him what "he thinks he is worth".

What ever happened to earning your money? Sad how these kids act these days.

It's not just the players. In the past, there was no way a team would spend a 1st round draft pick on a top tier player who had an injured knee to end the previous season, much less a UDFA with very limited experience. That being said, treatment & rehab are far superior to what they were years ago.

I still think he and/or his agent failed to understand or listen to the sound reasoning for a 2nd round tender, which I thought generous given the circumstances. I like Gipson, but I also think he benefited from playing in an already good defensive unit. He would be exposed far more in a lesser defense. If he goes elsewhere next year, he may learn that.

Mike

and we are still talking TC. hopefully he can get back in and contribute and gel again with his fellow team mates and surroundings.

sometimes you don't realize what you have until it is gone.

god, how the fuck do you stop this auto-correct shit? can't type real downright rude stuff anymore without it being replaced with vagina farts.

Archived