THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns approached about training camp in Hall of Fame Village

Canton Dawg

The Browns will kick pittspuke ass and will be 1-0 to start the season.

Love your optimism cal.

I hope you're right, I've got a bottle of bourbon on Sunday and a vacation day on Monday in case we open a can of whoop-ass.

Cal...you live in a black and white world....and miss MANY things that you choose to not see....many...

Oh, come on, Mud. This has been just the calm before the Browns storm. I think when anyone looks at how much the last

draft and free agency signings will be dramatically changing the Browns' landscape - they are going to be a different,

as in, WINNING and ASSKICKING football team.

I agree they look like they might have gotten a few players....things may be looking up. But what does that have to do with years of losing fans? The fact that they might get better does not exclude the fact that they've lost fans.....and many have lost interest.....its obvious to those who chose to see the obvious....(but I do understand this excludes you)

I'm just not seeing the despondency -

Have you not read thousands of posts....right here....from despondent fans?.....are you blind?

I see a giant huge climb to a winning season.

Anythings possible...but, AGAIN, not the topic.....I see an improved season, but not a winning one...

I don't get giving up, being down..

Well, a lot have given up.....many of us are still here(not given up), but certainly down......who loses for 20 years and doesnt feel down?......the only ones I can think of would be people who think losing is acceptable.....winners do NOT take 20 years of losing well.....

well, maybe in the middle-end of a losing season, just a tad bit...

but now? I don't get it. If you see the dark clouds of Mordor covering NE ohio, and orks running around stinking up Ohio,

I'm not seein it.

Dont think Ive said that....in fact, Ive been very complimentary of this years draft.....I say it like I see it, while you say the same mantra every year, without any realistic thought process to the reality of the team we are fielding.....to each his own, I guess.....

But, thinking "honesty" is the sign of a bad fan is a mistake....blindly following ANYTHING or anyone, w/o an objective eye toward things that need improvement is a good way to fail and to be let down....unrealistic expectations are not for realists....sorry

I see the Browns finally having a team assembled, and upgraded to serious competitive, ass kicking level.

You see that every year Cal.....shall we revisit last preseason?

and I see a DC that won't pussy-foot around with passive defense.

You see that every year too Cal.....even the year you turned on Oneill 8 games after you called him the best....

QB is a ? but I can live with that just fine, .

Of course you can....you accept losing.....you've already proven and said that....

.I was a huge Wentz guy, but they couldn't have gotten Wentz, and still remade this football team into a strong roster across the board...

except for qb...we'll see how that goes.

Well, according to you, it will be a winning - ass kicking - competitive team.....so no worries

The Browns will kick pittspuke ass and will be 1-0 to start the season.

....that will win it's first game.....as per Cal.....

Every year I read this stuff, I can only think Gomer Pyle saying surprise surprise surprise.....

I think they'll all be back as soon as the team starts winning some. Like they said on Believeland, you thought the parade for the Cavs was big? Wait until the Browns win something. It's a Brownstown, always and forever. Maybe the actual Cleveland residents think otherwise.

Mud, all that drivel doesn't impress me. I never called oneil the best, blah blah.

It's just that whining about the past doesn't change anything with the Browns.

Give it freaking up already. If it isn't fun, get a freaking hobby until it is.

Meanwhile, I'm more like upbeat that the Browns are turning the corner now.

I don't have to see them in the superbowl before I stop bitching about the old front offices, the old

draft debacles, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Maybe it would help the Browns win games if you whipped yourself with chains and fasted, Mud.

No, I'm just kidding, don't do that. Even Eyore was upbeat once or twice...almost.

I think they'll all be back as soon as the team starts winning some. Like they said on Believeland, you thought the parade for the Cavs was big? Wait until the Browns win something. It's a Brownstown, always and forever. Maybe the actual Cleveland residents think otherwise.

me too....I think if the team wins, the fans will come back in droves.....(just like they left....which they would have to do in order to come back.....which was my first point to begin with).....so, agreed...

Mud, all that drivel doesn't impress me. I never called oneil the best, blah blah.

It's just that whining about the past doesn't change anything with the Browns.

Im more in the moment than anything Cal....last season I whined about this FO and this team and this coach, based on last year....this year Ive been complimentary of that same FO, based on what Ive seen this year.....tis you that lives in the future fantasy land, whilst telling me not to live in the past, even though Im commenting on the here and now...

Give it freaking up already. If it isn't fun, get a freaking hobby until it is.

Who said football isnt fun?.....Its losing that isnt fun.....wish the Browns would give THAT up......My hobby IS football....I like it, I study it, I form opinions on it....just because they dont align with yours doesnt mean I should give it up.....

Meanwhile, I'm more like upbeat that the Browns are turning the corner now.

Ill be elated if they do.....but you've had em turning that corner for years now.....Im waiting to actually see it.....

I don't have to see them in the superbowl before I stop bitching about the old front offices, the old

draft debacles, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

me either...Im bitchin about the more current ones.....

Maybe it would help the Browns win games if you whipped yourself with chains and fasted, Mud.

It might....lord knows they dont know the formula....

No, I'm just kidding, don't do that. Even Eyore was upbeat once or twice...almost.

I was quite the optimist for a coupla years on this board....only shifted this past year, when Haslam shit the bed for the third or fourth time....and the FO he placed did some of the dumbest shit ever......and, EVEN WITH THAT, I gave credit where it was due for the couple/few good picks and this years draft.....but, as Ive said before, you only see what you choose to see.....

The Browns should go back to university Circle where they belong... ;)

Once upon a time they practiced on Case Institute's field. Even installed a patch of that new-fangled Astroturf for testing cleats and kickers to practice.

Those were the days...

me too....I think if the team wins, the fans will come back in droves.....(just like they left....which they would have to do in order to come back.....which was my first point to begin with).....so, agreed...

But my point is there's really no reason to worry about the lost Clevelanders.

They are also losing fans, hand over fist, for 20 years now.....so, why work to gain fans in a far away city, when your own local fan base is crumbling?......seems like they are alienating us local fans who have had their backs all these years, and now that times are rough, they are pushing us aside to get some new fans....

Just another perspective to consider.....

By losing I think it is basically that fans are becoming "fair weather"....but, with any kind of spark of competiveness I think all those "lost fans" come flocking back.

By losing I think it is basically that fans are becoming "fair weather"....but, with any kind of spark of competiveness I think all those "lost fans" come flocking back.

And I don't think the Browns have to even produce a lot of wins for that to happen. Just producing exciting games with a lot of young talent showing the future is all the spark that is needed. It's the main reason I have talked up building the D first, because you can do that faster than a superior offense. Plus that formula has worked well for teams that eventually win SBs.

Archived