THE BROWNS BOARD

Being a Browns fan, its in the blood.

BrownsfaninPa

Iam a long time Browns fan, going back to the late 70's. There has been many good seasons, and the best years were during the late 80's going to the AFC Championship game 3 times in 4 years, and they were all against the Denver Broncos. Each one of those losses were crushing because we were at the brink of reaching the Super Bowl. But we never made it. Then the 90's began, and that's when things began to really sink low. We had a future great coach in our hands and the ownership didn't know it. Coach Bill Belicheck was ours and the wins just didn't happen for us.

Then the big news that the beloved Browns were no longer going to reside in Cleveland. The ownership was packing up and moving to Baltimore. How low can it get for Browns fans at this point.?

Fortunetly, the NFL made an agreement that the Browns will return with a new stadium, and a brand new team. All historical records, team colors and name will return as well. Well, its was high hopes for all Browns fans at that point. Then the new season began, a rookie QB, Tim Couch, was expected to bring wins and future records , but sadly those never happened. And this team hasn't had a true winning season since the team returned. One season back in 2002, we made it to the playoffs, but since then, theres been only heart ache year after year. Head coaches came through and left as quick as the seasons changed. Qb's, cant even think about the tragedy of that position. Too many to even remember. If there is an NFL record for starting QB's for a team , we own it.

But as a Browns fan, me along with thousands of fellow Browns fan keep having high hopes that maybe just maybe we can have a season worth bragging about. Well, that was not even close to reality. The drafting of hot shot QB Johnny Manzeil was exciting until it went way out of control with his ego and off the field life style. So that was just one more bad story in Browns historic history. Then 2016, new attitude of better times ahead, and then the big let down. We went to having the worse record in team history, and the worse in the NFL. Winning just one game that came by luck.

There's not much to bragg about the Browns, being talked bad and horrorible by national sports reporters and the jokes were no fun to hear. But as a Browns fan, we look forward to a new season just ahead, with Myles Garret leading the defense with his destructive playing style. And iam hoping that this defense will be mean and nasty, and put the Dawg Pound back in biting mode.

To sum it all up, being a Browns has its true fans backing them through tough times and there is no tougher times than what this team has dealt with. But those days are going away. Winning seasons start now. Look out NFL, theres a new dawg in the league and the team is ready to bite.

A lot of us see the Browns on a serious upgrade swing, with the right coaches, fo, and

talent at all positions on the team. Even DEPTH !

Those poor years were the wrong fo, wrong coaches, wrong talent.

The difference is dramatic. With the Browns being called the most improved team in the afc n...

Browns are going to startle the rest of the league this coming season. The only? questions, to me, are qb, wr.

and we will just have to watch those unfold.

After the first game of the season, the Browns will be 1-0.

Well, what really hurts is we've also had a couple of times where it LOOKED like we may be turning the corner, only to have the universe come crashing down on us. Remember the 2007 season? We choked against the Bengals when we had a chance to clinch a playoff berth (I believe), and then we didn't make it in with a freaking 10-6 record. We were exciting to watch, and it looked like we had the beginnings of a solid team. We somehow found our QB, we had a deep threat, we could run the ball at the end of games, and our kicker was virtually automatic. Everything was going well, and then we went like 4-12 the next year and everything blew up in our faces. Awesome.

Then, it looked like Mike Pettine of all people would somehow figure out how to win in Cleveland. We were like 7-4 at one point, coming off of supreme ass whippings of Pittsburgh and Cincy. We had it rocking and rolling. But no...no...no. Not even close. Two times the hungry, starving Browns fans actually thought it was their turn.

We won a grand total of one game last year, as you pointed out, so I'm not about to boast that "winning seasons are on the way". What I will say is it appears we're building the team the correct way. We have an offensively talented head coach, and we have a defensive coordinator that has a Super Bowl ring. Both guys are perfect for Cleveland in my mind. We want "The Dawg Pound" in Cleveland. We want a defense that punishes people, and we want our defensive coach to match that ideal. Ray Horton was NOT that guy...but Gregg Williams totally is. We added talent to our team, and most of it is YOUNG talent. We got quicker, more explosive, and we added FIVE players in the draft that were probably ranked in the top 60 (Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, and now Brantley). The crazy thing is, we'll have the chance to do it AGAIN next year. If we didn't trade at all, and we just used the picks next year, we'd get another 5 of the top 60 AGAIN. Now that's how you build a team.

I do think we'll be noticeably better than last year. However, I do NOT think we'll be "good". We absolutely MUST win a game or two early in the year, or else it will turn into the "same old Browns", and the momentum of losing will consume us. Fans will start clamoring for Kizer, he won't be ready, and the shit will be hitting the fan. We have to win some games early when we're healthy and still hopeful. We all know we play the Steelers for our first game, and we all know that the Browns have no chance to win that game. Our Browns don't win season openers. Our Browns DEFINITELY don't win season openers against the Steelers. However, after that loss is out of the way, we need to win 2 of the next 4 or so, and I think it can happen.

Here's to hoping...

I'm optimistic but I thought a few years ago we finally had turned the corner with Pettine. Especially in his first year when we actually were in first place at 7-4 until the wheels fell off and continued into the next season. I still think Pettine was set up to fail with having to deal with the Manziel circus. Pettine made a mistake IMO in his second year by some of his statements about the defense going into his second year as possibly being one of the elites in the NFL (and then we went on to having one of the worst defenses in the NFL although being the highest paid). Pettine raised expectations way too high and then didn't deliver and that can't be put on Manziel.

Im 35 and have loved them since i can remember. I live on the Eastern Shore of VA and my 3 kids rock Browns gear all the time to school. I asked one day if they would get embarrased wearing it and my 13 year old daughter said, your team is your team good or bad, its in your blood. Really humbled me on how much I was to throw my tv out the windows on sundays. To seeing progress last year, yeah we were 1 and 15, but knowing we had a shitty line play and no qb and no depth on defense, i think we showed some heart. I see this year as a few more wins, but next year will be the big jump. Go Browns.

Well, what really hurts is we've also had a couple of times where it LOOKED like we may be turning the corner, only to have the universe come crashing down on us. Remember the 2007 season? We choked against the Bengals when we had a chance to clinch a playoff berth (I believe), and then we didn't make it in with a freaking 10-6 record. We were exciting to watch, and it looked like we had the beginnings of a solid team. We somehow found our QB, we had a deep threat, we could run the ball at the end of games, and our kicker was virtually automatic. Everything was going well, and then we went like 4-12 the next year and everything blew up in our faces. Awesome.

Then, it looked like Mike Pettine of all people would somehow figure out how to win in Cleveland. We were like 7-4 at one point, coming off of supreme ass whippings of Pittsburgh and Cincy. We had it rocking and rolling. But no...no...no. Not even close. Two times the hungry, starving Browns fans actually thought it was their turn.

We won a grand total of one game last year, as you pointed out, so I'm not about to boast that "winning seasons are on the way". What I will say is it appears we're building the team the correct way. We have an offensively talented head coach, and we have a defensive coordinator that has a Super Bowl ring. Both guys are perfect for Cleveland in my mind. We want "The Dawg Pound" in Cleveland. We want a defense that punishes people, and we want our defensive coach to match that ideal. Ray Horton was NOT that guy...but Gregg Williams totally is. We added talent to our team, and most of it is YOUNG talent. We got quicker, more explosive, and we added FIVE players in the draft that were probably ranked in the top 60 (Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, and now Brantley). The crazy thing is, we'll have the chance to do it AGAIN next year. If we didn't trade at all, and we just used the picks next year, we'd get another 5 of the top 60 AGAIN. Now that's how you build a team.

I do think we'll be noticeably better than last year. However, I do NOT think we'll be "good". We absolutely MUST win a game or two early in the year, or else it will turn into the "same old Browns", and the momentum of losing will consume us. Fans will start clamoring for Kizer, he won't be ready, and the shit will be hitting the fan. We have to win some games early when we're healthy and still hopeful. We all know we play the Steelers for our first game, and we all know that the Browns have no chance to win that game. Our Browns don't win season openers. Our Browns DEFINITELY don't win season openers against the Steelers. However, after that loss is out of the way, we need to win 2 of the next 4 or so, and I think it can happen.

Here's to hoping...

Dan Rooney (RIP) is gone. The Steelers will no longer own the replay booth.....Browns upset Pitt in a raucous season opener.

To me, and probably most others on this board, the Browns will always be our team through thick and thin. 38-106 over the last 8 seasons makes it very, very hard but we cling to the hope of better days. It appears we are heading in the right direction.

To me, the key is Haslam's patience. I do believe he finally listened to advice from outsiders, and is trying like hell to keep a distance from football-related decisions. Ultimately though, it is his team. It's one thing for the fickle fans to turn and say "I've had enough," and quit watching....it's another thing for an owner to say "I've had enough" and blow up a front office and coaching staff every year/every other year.

I have been a Browns fan longer than many of you have been alive. Optimism has a useful life and then it morphs into fucking stupidity.

People like Calsnots and Fuckface Flugel are a prime example. A stopped clock is right twice a day, but these guys and fans like them are not even that accurate. NOBODY was a bigger fan of Phil Sewage and Romeo-the-Homeo than fuckface Flugel

"In Savage We Trust" was tattooed on his wife and kids ass. Oh, he assured us that Donut Crennel was the genius behind Belichik, and that Phil Sewage was the secret behind dumb ass Ozzie Newsome. Every mother fucking year it is the same shit with you blowjobs.................

• This year we finally got the right FO
  • This year we got the OL fixed
  • You can see it in their eyes
  • This year the D is going to rock and the O will be unstoppable
Blah blah fuckity blah. Over and over and over.

Kevin Neelon used to blabber on when he did weekend update, after blabbering on one point he would start talking about some other shit and then proclaim " YEAH, THIS IS WHAT I REALLY MEAN, FORGET ALL THE OTHER STUFF I WAS SAYING BEFORE.

Here is the deal.

• We have nobody to pass the ball
  • We have nobody to catch the ball
  • we have only one guy who can run the ball
Conclusion? The fucking team will be as bad in 2017 as they were in 2016. Unless they are going to give points for sacks, then we will add 11 points, for 30 million dollars.

No offense = No defense

No offensive threats = 9 in the box and an overwhelmed OL = Another dump and dink offense

Attacking WIlliams D? = Even more missed tackles and penalties on D than in 2017.

This is a shit franchise, with a shit FO and shit coaches. Hue should ahve been fired after the first preseason game.

BUT BUT BUT............................ never fear...........................WE'LL GET EM THIS YEAR................... THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT............

Horse Shit

When Rac n Rolls bragged about having Babatunde Oshinoa on the team.. I knew for sure he wasnt fit to lead and NFL team...

I have been a Browns fan longer than many of you have been alive. Optimism has a useful life and then it morphs into fucking stupidity.

People like Calsnots and Fuckface Flugel are a prime example. A stopped clock is right twice a day, but these guys and fans like them are not even that accurate. NOBODY was a bigger fan of Phil Sewage and Romeo-the-Homeo than fuckface Flugel

"In Savage We Trust" was tattooed on his wife and kids ass. Oh, he assured us that Donut Crennel was the genius behind Belichik, and that Phil Sewage was the secret behind dumb ass Ozzie Newsome. Every mother fucking year it is the same shit with you blowjobs.................

• This year we finally got the right FO
  • This year we got the OL fixed
  • You can see it in their eyes
  • This year the D is going to rock and the O will be unstoppable

Blah blah fuckity blah. Over and over and over.

Kevin Neelon used to blabber on when he did weekend update, after blabbering on one point he would start talking about some other shit and then proclaim " YEAH, THIS IS WHAT I REALLY MEAN, FORGET ALL THE OTHER STUFF I WAS SAYING BEFORE.

Here is the deal.

• We have nobody to pass the ball
  • We have nobody to catch the ball
  • we have only one guy who can run the ball

Conclusion? The fucking team will be as bad in 2017 as they were in 2016. Unless they are going to give points for sacks, then we will add 11 points, for 30 million dollars.

No offense = No defense

No offensive threats = 9 in the box and an overwhelmed OL = Another dump and dink offense

Attacking WIlliams D? = Even more missed tackles and penalties on D than in 2017.

This is a shit franchise, with a shit FO and shit coaches. Hue should ahve been fired after the first preseason game.

BUT BUT BUT............................ never fear...........................WE'LL GET EM THIS YEAR................... THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT............

Horse Shit

YOU Ghoolie are not a Browns fan!!! YOU DOUCHE WIPE!!! Are a Troll! Not even a good one!!!

Horses shit, cows shit, bullshit too! What do they have in common what they shit is YOU Ghools!!! Fuckin shit by any other name is still YOU Ghoolie...SHIT! Now F off and go away your sniveling crying, full of IT rant is old! The Browns are new and improved! No matter how you spin it! This team and front office are in to win it! And WE WILL! This from a true lifelong fan!

GO BROWNS

YOU Ghoolie are not a Browns fan!!! YOU DOUCHE WIPE!!! Are a Troll! Not even a good one!!!

Horses shit, cows shit, bullshit too! What do they have in common what they shit is YOU Ghools!!! Fuckin shit by any other name is still YOU Ghoolie...SHIT! Now F off and go away your sniveling crying, full of IT rant is old! The Browns are new and improved! No matter how you spin it! This team and front office are in to win it! And WE WILL! This from a true lifelong fan!

GO BROWNS

What is the man going to do when the Browns become good? Hopefully very soon.

How about this: at any time that the Browns have a record above .500.....Ghoolie should be banned?

How about this: at any time that the Browns have a record above .500.....Ghoolie should be banned?

No. Any point after 3 games are won-banned for the rest of the season. ;)

Nope. His boyfriend owns the board. And Zombo's hardly even around anymore.

Nope. His boyfriend owns the board. And Zombo's hardly even around anymore.

Even Stan has his limits. If the Browns are winning....and Ghoolie is still espousing his hatred of them and his love for the Team from The Big Pussy..even that could bring Stan to the end of his rope.

(Yes, the Big Pussy is Pittsburgh: Why that name? Its simply a matter of geography...or is it geology?)

pitt_downtown_map.gif

GO BROWNS

While I can understand being upset at Ghoolie since he can be abrasive at times, instead of this true fan you're not a fan rah rah stiff how about debating what he is saying?

The fact of the matter is Ghoolie, much like Nickera have every right to be pissed and to be calling this F.O. out right now. This team had two big needs heading into the offseason, 1: Get a guy who can pass the ball, 2: Get a guy who is great at catching the ball. In both facets this Front Office failed. With 12 Goddamned draft picks and 2 major needs they utterly failed.

The truth is theae dumb motherfuckers are 1-15, and have passed on Carson Wentz, Mitch Trubisky, DeSean Watson and Pat Mahommes. If any, some or all of these QB's pan out as franchise QB's then this front office are the biggest failures in Browns history.

Team had way more than 2 big needs...you, as well as trollie and Nick,are just too myopic to see the rest of them. Then you base your outrage on those incomplete transgressions you imagined.

News flash...no one really gives a fuck what you think. I'm not wasting the time to explain to a simpleton like yourself that football isn't straight forward like your uninformed opinion suggests.

I'm fine with passing on all those QBs, cause the one that played last year started hot, finished cold, and the others are no better than kizer. They just have different strengths and weakness.

That's hilarious, you acting as if you know what the fuck you are talking about. Hilarious.....

Let's have a seat kid, pull up a chair. Football 101 time. The fact of football, the fact of football ESPECIALLY in the modern era is it is about the QB. It is ALL about the QB. Those who can pass the ball and have an elite guy to catch the ball are the teams contending for the playoffs and Championships.

See my arrogant little know nothing, the aim of the game is to score points. WHO controls that facet of the game? It sure as hell isn't the fucking Defensive End. The Quarterback dictates the score. The fact is as seen over and over in the Sport if you have an elite franchise QB you are instantly an 8-10 win team. If you are that far along THEN comes the filling in the rest to get over that last hump. If you have a franchise QB, and you have a guy really awesome at catching the ball and making big plays? You control the Goddamn game. You can run it, you can pass it and you can chew up the clock, putting it in the Defenses hands to finish off the opposing team.

If you don't have that one key aspect you don't have shit. You have a losing team. You have.... The Browns. Anyone with even a high school level of knowledge knows the reality of modern football. The Browns don't have a QB. UNTIL the Browns solve that riddle The Browns won't be doing shit in the NFL, no matter how deep you thrust Sashis willy down your throat.

The fact these moron motherfuckers continue to try and reinvent the wheel while passing on all the good QB prospects shows beyond ANY shadow of doubt this shit show has ZERO idea what they are doing. Cody Kessler isn't going to dink and dunk the Browns to the Playoffs and DeSuck Kizer couldn't even win a meaningful College game much less do anything more than warm the bench in the Pros.

Yoi want to suck Sashi's cock that is your business, and truthfully no one gives a fuck about the cum you're gagging up in this thread kid. Literally no one. It is uneducated bullshit because you want to clutch to that hope and dream fairytale where their shit draft picks will suddenly pan out, that THIS TIME these guys are going to turn the corner and reinvent the QB wheel with some day 2 or day 3 project at QB.

Hey I heard dumbass Hue say he wants his 1st rounder kick returner playing offense, maybe these geniuses will put Gerbil Penis at QB. That oughta show us all and win a ton of games. Going to load up on round 1 special teamers and win it all by gawd.

That's hilarious, you acting as if you know what the fuck you are talking about. Hilarious.....

Let's have a seat kid, pull up a chair. Football 101 time. The fact of football, the fact of football ESPECIALLY in the modern era is it is about the QB. It is ALL about the QB. Those who can pass the ball and have an elite guy to catch the ball are the teams contending for the playoffs and Championships.

See my arrogant little know nothing, the aim of the game is to score points. WHO controls that facet of the game? It sure as hell isn't the fucking Defensive End.

Cam says hello.

Being a Browns fan, its in the blood.

It would have to be if you're still a Browns fan after the last 20 years.

The goings on in this new century is slowly draining the blood of fans. The fan base is slowly becoming mummified.

Yes, there are still the die hards that post on message boards....but there's more & more zombie fans walking about, "Oh yeah, the Browns. How'd they do last sunday? They get beat again?".

It's bad enough that they lose all the time....but they produce absolutely NO excitement while playing. There's virtually nothing to make a highlight reel with. - It's hard to draw new fans (or wake up the zombied fans).

Pull up a chair? For that expletive-laced drivel?

But it was introductory level stuff... so there's that...

Hows Von Miller doing without Peyton Manning?

Manning was already downhill. He had almost nothing to do with winning that SB. And that defense took some major hits in free agency, so there's that.

Manning was already downhill. He had almost nothing to do with winning that SB. And that defense took some major hits in free agency, so there's that.

Jesus, Ag, how can you be so blind... Manning clearly carried that Broncos' D to their last SB on the back of his 47.5 QBR... /s

Jesus, Ag, how can you be so blind... Manning clearly carried that Broncos' D to their last SB on the back of his 47.5 QBR... /s

Oh yeah. I forgot. I know almost nothing about how teams can win without an Superman QB. :lol:

I should have mindlessly deferred to the Viking. :P

Yes because Mannings only weapon as a QB was his arm. Nevermind his football intelligence being one of a kind, hence still being able to get it done, or desiphering defenses into Osweilers headset to help him make the right plays... Or that whole motivating that team to step up and give him a championship sendoff. No definitely, it was all Von Miller.

How many TD's did he have those two years he carried Peyton Manning on his back to two SuperBowls? Must have been tons. Denver must be as stupid as the Lawyer and Hue Jackass for not leaving him in there passing the ball and decimating Defenses.

Yes because Mannings only weapon as a QB was his arm. Nevermind his football intelligence being one of a kind, hence still being able to get it done, or desiphering defenses into Osweilers headset to help him make the right plays... Or that whole motivating that team to step up and give him a championship sendoff. No definitely, it was all Von Miller.

How many TD's did he have those two years he carried Peyton Manning on his back to two SuperBowls? Must have been tons. Denver must be as stupid as the Lawyer and Hue Jackass for not leaving him in there passing the ball and decimating Defenses.

Yeah that idiot Kubiac, whose prior claim to fame was only assisting Elway from the sidelines, had nothing at all to do with stuff coming from the sidelines either.

Apparently someone giving out the MVP for that SB got it all wrong too. Take back that trophy and give it to Manning the QB where it belongs.

Next you'll be taking back the Bears '85 defensive win too.

And just for the record it was Von & Co., not just one man. But it was the defense, not the offense, or the trophy would have gone to Manning. But even though 99% of NFL followers knew it was his last game, it still went to a defensive player. Go figure.

Seems to me there's only one asshole arguing for a single player's responsibility for the Broncos latest SB win...

Archived