THE BROWNS BOARD

Trayvon Martin

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is in wait and see mode. If he was attacked that night, we should be able to find out, and fairly easily.

Look I don't think he was attacked. I've said time and again I think he's guilty of murder, but this video is far from a slam dunk. More like a brick.

It's also bizarre to be thinking about the idea that if you follow someone for a 10, 20 minutes, and the person knows you're following them, and then you get out of the car and confronts this person, if they happen to fight back you're allowed to claim that you felt your life was threatened and kill that person.

What a ridiculous state of affairs.

It's also bizarre to be thinking about the idea that if you follow someone for a 10, 20 minutes, and the person knows you're following them, and then you get out of the car and confronts this person, if they happen to fight back you're allowed to claim that you felt your life was threatened and kill that person.

What a ridiculous state of affairs.

it's also bizarre to imagine following and attacking someone with your fists if you're carrying a rod.

WSS

Meanwhile on Friday, the funeral director who prepared Martin's body for burial said he saw no signs that the 17-year-old had been in a physical confrontation with Zimmerman as the neighborhood watch volunteer has claimed.

"We could see no physical signs like there had been a scuffle [or] there had been a fight," Richard Kurtz told CBS News. "The hands—I didn't see any knuckles, bruises or what have you. And that is something we would have covered up if it would have been there."

If you get assaulted so violently that your only reasonable course of action is to shoot and kill you attacker I would think there would be a mark on you...

If someone punched you, jumped on top of you and told you he was going to kill you, would you shoot him or wait to see if he was serious?

Patience.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law allows people to kill in self defense without retreating first. Zimmerman has claimed he shot in self defense. There's some evidence that he did.

This isn't CSI, evidence doesn't get analyzed in a hour. It takes time. You can't arrest someone and hold them indefinitely, they must be charged and indicted. If Zimmerman was arrested too soon, and a Grand Jury decided that there was no evidence to charge him, then the case would pretty much be over at that point. It's better for the cops/ DA to get the evidence needed to secure charges before making an arrest.

Patience.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law allows people to kill in self defense without retreating first. Zimmerman has claimed he shot in self defense. There's some evidence that he did.

This isn't CSI, evidence doesn't get analyzed in a hour. It takes time. You can't arrest someone and hold them indefinitely, they must be charged and indicted. If Zimmerman was arrested too soon, and a Grand Jury decided that there was no evidence to charge him, then the case would pretty much be over at that point. It's better for the cops/ DA to get the evidence needed to secure charges before making an arrest.

No matter what he confronted the kid against police dispatchers orders. So self defense or not I imagine he ought to be guilty of manslaughter

Let's be clear, the dispatcher did not tell him to stop. The dispatcher only said we don't need you to do that. No other warning.

WSS

To me that's enough to use against him. The dispatcher should have used stronger language, no doubt, but probably didnt expect him to murder the kid. They'll make a rule on it now, I expect.

I thought it was the 911 dispatcher.

Whatever. 911 dispatcher or police dispatcher. They could have avoided this by having the power to specifically order him to cease and desist his pursuit of Martin.

Even if this guy is not guilty by self defense (which I find laughable) it turns my stomach that some of you are defending this maniacs actions as if he did NOTHING wrong.

I'm not defending his actions as much as I am waiting for the truth.

I will say, again, that having a gun, he didn't have to follow the kid

close enough to have any kind of contact with him be possible -

if I were watching him, I'd be far enough away that he wouldn't know

I was following him. There, problem solved.

Why was Sullivan out of his truck at all? We don't know.

Why was Martin not disappearing out of sight out of fear that

he was being followed? Did he circle around a garage, and attack

Sullivan from behind? We don't know. But this dirtbag, racist pres

took sides well before we knew much at all, and we still don't know

what all really transpired.

BC issues apology on Zimmerman tape screw-up

By Erik Wemple 509816565.jpg?uuid=H5BfGHmuEeGgH1LVxhh1Nw

NBC apologizes to viewers, but not directly to this viewer. (AFP/GETTY IMAGES) NBC has completed its investigation into the mishandling of the police dispatcher’s conversation with George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case. And the process ends with a finding of error, plus an apology. Here is the statement just issued by the network:

During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret. We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers.

That apology addresses the “Today” show’s failure to abridge accurately the conversation between Zimmerman and the dispatcher in this high-profile case. This is how the program portrayed a segment of that conversation:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

And here is how it actually went down:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

No matter how you feel about Zimmerman, that bit of tape editing was unfair to the truth and to Zimmerman’s reputation, such as it is. Reaction on Twitter and elsewhere to my previous post on this matter, was brutal toward NBC, with many comments suggesting the worst about the network’s motivations, reliability and so on.

Does the statement adequately address those concerns? On the good front, it acknowledges the mistake and apologizes to viewers for the bad editing. It’s a forthright correction and spares us any excuses about the faulty portrayal. On the bad front, the statement is skimpy on the details on just how the mistake unfolded. Nor does it articulate an apology directly to George Zimmerman, the “viewer” who is most aggrieved by the screw-up. In light of all that’s happened, Zimmerman may be a tough person for a news network to apologize to, but that’s just the point: Apologies are hard.

They aren't sorry, they did it on purpose to sway the black vote back for Obamao.

They will lie, cheat, steal, commit violence, anything to keep power going for the

left marxist freebie city movement.

WHEN Obamao loses the election, if he allows one to happen..... @@,

the brownshirts will be out in full force. "If they can't have it, burn it down"

Our country is in very serious trouble.

All sorts of folks we know, are putting in security systems in their houses, and

for the first time sometimes, buying a pistol. I've been asked about guns,

and how to get training to shoot them. Look at the direction our country is being

dragged.

Not an American direction.

A couple of WWII moves later, and I wondered something...

How was there all those "human beings"... that came to become ruthless, murdering killers and

destroyers, and true believers in a hitler? In a nazi germany with extreme cruelty and violence and despair?

Where did all of them come from?

I think, from the same place that the brownhirt ows and new black panther party, and skinheads come from.

A very, dark, vile, slimy, and mentally warped place. From the same place that pschotic followers of charles manson came from.

From the same place Obamao comes from. Sick, twisted arrogance to the nth psychotic degree - where reality is turned upside down, and inside out.

Extreme, mentally damaging social hate. Ghengis Khan, Ivan the Terrible, hitler, mussolini, stalin, che', saddam and sons, bin laden...

the list historically keeps adding new extreme hate and violence, horrific crimes against humanity...

and Obamao wants a "civilian security force".

It's Easter, God help us. And be ready to help ourselves - to protect our Constitution, our homes and families.

We can only hope that our country has the killer deadly hate asteriod of leftist violence on a mass scale, miss our country, despite

coming close, but still doing relatively little damage, and flies off into space.

Millions are buying guns. Many are stocking up on supplies for whatever disaster is lurking in the near future...possibly.

And, we have a president that is trying to intimate our Congress. And our Supreme Court. And our electoral system.

And American churches. And Wall St. And anybody who disagrees with him/them.

Big, serious trouble.

woodpecker translation:

"crap. Cal is right. But I won't ever admit it. He has us proving him right again and again.

dammit. I'm going to just level a personal attack on him. Maybe nobody else will notice

he's right. "

woodpecker translation:

"crap. Cal is right. But I won't ever admit it. He has us proving him right again and again.

dammit. I'm going to just level a personal attack on him. Maybe nobody else will notice

he's right. "

No Cal, you really really are a moron. At the very least you're a delusional, paranoid old man. If you were ever right I would agree with you.

No Cal, you really really are a moron. At the very least you're a delusional, paranoid old man. If you were ever right I would agree with you.

Actually Woody we all realize Cal is a bit prone to hyperbole.

You might try to point out the things he says that are patently false.

That would be more effective than countering with more hyperbole.

We've all spent a lot of time on this case without knowing the facts.

WSS

>>We've all spent a lot of time on this case without knowing the facts.>>

Is it only me or are others sick of hearing about this case.

This situation has become a lightening rod for something much bigger than the death of a young man.

Obama should have never opened his big mouth. Geez, I hear he was a wonderboy at Harvard Law School.

Then 360-degrees of people rushed to judgment.

I almost puked yesterday when the Minister at my wife's and kid's church mentioned this case.

Clearly a case study for socio and political reasons.

If only this wasn't an election year. This case would have been filed with the dozen others committed that day. And yesterday. And today. And tomorrow.....................

So much shame to go around.

Archived