THE BROWNS BOARD

Good call or nanny state?

Westside Steve

Pussification.

You were probably never bullied were you? Football players in high school can be fucking assholes. I got my ass kicked a couple of times for being smart quiet and a nerdy bando with no friends on the football team.. even if I was pulling more pussy than some of them.

If you call teaching kids a lesson that what they are doing is not OK pussification though, my guess is you're the asshole who beat up kids half their size in high school.

You were probably never bullied were you? Football players in high school can be fucking assholes. I got my ass kicked a couple of times for being smart quiet and a nerdy bando with no friends on the football team.. even if I was pulling more pussy than some of them.

If you call teaching kids a lesson that what they are doing is not OK pussification though, my guess is you're the asshole who beat up kids half their size in high school.

Everyone in my generation was 'bullied'. Obviously, you must have had your ass kicked many times.

I got some shit from some people in school, I think everybody does. When I went from freshman, which was junior high where I went, 2 sophomore at the high school and seniors,possibly football players, would give you some shit and push you around but I don't remember anybody getting an ass beating. Basically they would drag you into a restroom and smear lipstick all over your face.

I don't remember any hazing in junior high which was the last time I played any football. Also there is no hazing in the Forensic League or the drama club so... In college I did not pledge a fraternity but I heard there was a ritual they went through. Big fucking deal.

WSS

Well, I don't think we know what they were actually doing to new members of the

team.

Apparently, it was extremely way over the edge of normal making

freshman wear a beanie, or dye their head blue or something.

Now, when I was a kid, we moved to s. ohio in the summer after the fourth grade, and I got in some fights because

I was a city kid.

then, 3 years later, we moved back to our same house in n. ohio, and dammit, I

got in some fights because I was a country kid.

It comes with growing up around other people, mostly guys?, who are screwed up in the head, at least

for a few years.

So, my guess is, that this case was not about simply giving new freshman to the team some silly crap -

more likely really belligerent some kind of garbage. And, I wonder if the coach even knew about it.

I read about this story somewhere else and it had a lot more going on,

One part was the harassment was sexual in nature. Said, one of the parents of one of the kids said she noticed something was wrong when she went to pick up her kid and all the JV kids were changing their clothes out in the parking lot instead of in the locker room.

Then the article went on to talk about one of the assistant coaches being arrested two days before for having two boxes of steroids and syringes in his car.

I'm thinking there is a lot more to the story for a championship football team to pull the plug on a season.

We had things like the freshman having to shave their heads, underclassmen pickup up all the gear and putting the sleds away after practice, underclassmen having to share lockers so the upperclassmen could have their own, getting cheap shots running a round of Bull In the Ring at the end of practice, etc.... But if my locker room looked like a scene out of "Deliverance" or "The Program" I might have to tell somebody...

Uh is somebody suggesting that the hazing included being boned in the ass? Saying that the hazing might have included sexual harassment is a little bit weak. We have come to demonize some of the slightest shit. Hey baby those are some really nice tits! You get fired she gets $1,000,000...

You can read the Browns board as they talk about each other's favorite quarterbacks, hell half the guys could be arrested for sexual harassment.

WSS

Everyone in my generation was 'bullied'. Obviously, you must have had your ass kicked many times.

Just because something happened in your generation does not make it alright.

Call me a late bloomer but I was small in high school. I had a guy 100 pounds heavier than me beat the shit out of me in front of half the school for no fucking reason. Sucker punched and ghetto stomped for no reason whatsoever.

I understand the mindset that this thing just happens because getting beat up is a part of growing up. It is. At least fight someone who is your size. I see people like that as unevolved monkies with no self control and if that is what you did as a kid maybe you are too.

when can we just kill'em all again?

The USA wins wars when we can just go in and whipe out everyone

If the world wants to limit our ablities then the world is going to suffer.

As the BIG, BAD, MOST POWERFUL counrty,

And the country that EVERYONE wants to help.............NO MORE RESTRICTIONS ON THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because something happened in your generation does not make it alright.

Call me a late bloomer but I was small in high school. I had a guy 100 pounds heavier than me beat the shit out of me in front of half the school for no fucking reason. Sucker punched and ghetto stomped for no reason whatsoever.

I understand the mindset that this thing just happens because getting beat up is a part of growing up. It is. At least fight someone who is your size. I see people like that as unevolved monkies with no self control and if that is what you did as a kid maybe you are too.

Kids are assholes in High School. Always have been. You have the cliques. When I was in it was the Jocks, the 'greasers' and the surfers. The greasers were the outcast, smokers/drinkers/fighters. The surfers were the hippy types. The jocks were the athletes. Then you had the really smart or shy kids who didn't fit in with any of them and just kind of stayed out of sight. I got in many fights when I was a kid, but I knew how to fight/box. On the wrestling team and football until I started getting into trouble. I never bullied kids, I just ignored them. If it bothers you so much to this day, you should see therapy, maybe it will help.

High school cliques are a little like a chinese zodiac.

We were drama club, artists, Forensic League into rock music and politics. We got good grades,smoked a little weed and drank a little beer but mostly because it was cool.

The jocks didn't like us but these days many of them are my best friends.

There were two kinds of jocks,the dumb tough guys and the smart All American prom king types.

Another subgroup was the stoners who smoked a lot more and drank a lot more beer. They also skipped a lot more school and got D's and Fs.

There were the really smart guys, National Honor Society top 10 etcetera, but they seem shy and rarely sociable. There were exceptions a couple of our top ten were in our group.

Dont forget the marching band guys as well. They got along with most everyone.

Back in Carrollton I remember the farmers were distinct group but they usually had to go straight home and work. They'd be absent around harvest time.

City and suburban schools probably don't have that.

I went to a city school for the 9th grade which included blacks and Italians as subgroups.

WSS

Kids are assholes in High School. Always have been. You have the cliques. When I was in it was the Jocks, the 'greasers' and the surfers. The greasers were the outcast, smokers/drinkers/fighters. The surfers were the hippy types. The jocks were the athletes. Then you had the really smart or shy kids who didn't fit in with any of them and just kind of stayed out of sight. I got in many fights when I was a kid, but I knew how to fight/box. On the wrestling team and football until I started getting into trouble. I never bullied kids, I just ignored them. If it bothers you so much to this day, you should see therapy, maybe it will help.

Dude, seriously, I'm over it at this point. When I read articles like this I can't help but be angry because of the shit I had to endure back in the day, but by no means does it affect me now. I'm social, I have lots of friends, I'm confident.. it has had zero affect on me to this day except I'm more wary of bullying problems than some other people may be. That's all

Archived