THE BROWNS BOARD

Dallas patient diagnosed with EBOLA. How many did he come in contact with?

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a reminder gentlemen that there is another crisis on our door steps every so often whenever rumors of what will be next deadly influenza pandemic is reported.

My prediction is now the same as it has been throughout the rest of these diseases. In 6 months it will be all but forgotten. Rest in peace bird, swine, chicken, goat, kangaroo, wallaby or whatever different flu was the latest rage.

Six months from now with no American plague. Anybody want to bet a beer?

WSS

Even the CDC is "rethinking" how they handle ebola.

That is bad. It's more dangerous than they've said?

Just one sick illegal having ebola being shipped somewhere else, along

with others on a bus, in our country, could start a pandemic, right?

..."no big deal....just...eh....stocking up on food and water...to stay indoors for

weeks if we have to.....nothin going on really....just buying some stuff to boost

our immune systems, and staying away from the public places......everything is fine........"

Let's all just figure everything will ...mostly...be just fine.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-chief-says-u-s-must-rethink-how-it-handles-ebola/

Influenza is more contagious than Ebola because Ebola does not commonly cause sneezing/coughing like the flu does, therefore it doesn't spread as easily. I agree with WSS, two cases of Ebola are not a reason for everyone to freak out.

I don't the problem is how dangerous Ebola is, it is in our hospitals knowing how to handle it properly. In Cal's article, they speculate that the nurse could've gotten it from not taking off the protective suit properly. I immediately had to wonder why the suit wouldn't be decontaminated before she even had to take it off. It seems stupid not to do so.

It seems the the newly diagnosed Ebola patient flew from CLEVELAND to Dallas the day before diagnosis:

Newest Ebola patient flew Frontier Airlines day before diagnosis 9 Mins AgoBreaking News
SHARES
icon-social-twitter-35px.png
icon-social-facebook-35px.png
icon-social-google-35px.png
icon-social-linkedin-35px.png
icon-social-email-35px.png
icon-social-share-nobox-35px.png
COMMENTSJoin the Discussion
102090285-467793919.530x298.jpg?v=141338
Robert Alexander | Getty Images
Frontier Airlines planes.

The second healthcare worker who tested positive for Ebola last night flew by air Oct. 13th, the day before she reported symptoms, reported the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in a release.

She flew on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth. The CDC is asking all 132 passangers on the flight to call 1 800-CDC INFO (1 800-232-4636).

dammit. we've been thinkin about flying to Dallas over

Christmas to visit the father-in-law.

We're driving again, or, we stay home - I like that

a lot better.

It seems the the newly diagnosed Ebola patient flew from CLEVELAND to Dallas the day before diagnosis:

Newest Ebola patient flew Frontier Airlines day before diagnosis

CNBC.com staff | @CNBC 9 Mins AgoBreaking News

SHARES

icon-social-twitter-35px.png

icon-social-facebook-35px.png

icon-social-google-35px.png

icon-social-linkedin-35px.png

icon-social-email-35px.png

icon-social-share-nobox-35px.png

COMMENTSJoin the Discussion

102090285-467793919.530x298.jpg?v=141338

Robert Alexander | Getty Images

Frontier Airlines planes.

The second healthcare worker who tested positive for Ebola last night flew by air Oct. 13th, the day before she reported symptoms, reported the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in a release.

She flew on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth. The CDC is asking all 132 passangers on the flight to call 1 800-CDC INFO (1 800-232-4636).

Awesome

Just a reminder gentlemen that there is another crisis on our door steps every so often whenever rumors of what will be next deadly influenza pandemic is reported.

My prediction is now the same as it has been throughout the rest of these diseases. In 6 months it will be all but forgotten. Rest in peace bird, swine, chicken, goat, kangaroo, wallaby or whatever different flu was the latest rage.

Six months from now with no American plague. Anybody want to bet a beer?

WSS

Hey Steve! We agree on something!

Wanna open an "Ebola Doomsday Mercantile and Bunker Emporium"?

I feel like we could make a killing on these idio----- very prepared individuals

Hey Steve! We agree on something!

Wanna open an "Ebola Doomsday Mercantile and Bunker Emporium"?

I feel like we could make a killing on these idio----- very prepared individuals

Oh yeah ebola is hilarious. Laugh it up dipstick. Currently I'm holding my one year old son who is in picu at university hospital in cleveland and I can tell you that the nurses here don't find it too funny.

Oh yeah ebola is hilarious. Laugh it up dipstick. Currently I'm holding my one year old son who is in picu at university hospital in cleveland and I can tell you that the nurses here don't find it too funny.

Sorry to hear that Cysko hope everything turns out alright.

Thanks diehard. He had to have a cranial vault restructuring which basically means they took his skull apart and reformed it using pieces of the original and plates. As you might expect he's miserable.

Wow that sounds terrible. Best wishes to you and your family.

That's awful, I hope he's better soon.

No, Ebola isn't funny. But I'm poking fun at the hysteria, not the disease itself

Woody is an educated idiot. Just because he sucked a few dicks to get through college he thinks he knows everything. It's apparent he knows next to nothing and is incapable of independent thought he'll be one of the first to go--either by disease or sheer ignorance.

West side Steve is now an anti conspiracy theorist? You are aware that these health care workers had the best protective gear and KNEW the dangers they were dealing with but STILL caught the virus--for which there is no viable vaccine (unlike influenza) and has a mortality rate north of 60% (much worse than the worst cases of influenza) for which now the possible exposures has increased to nearly 200 people across numerous states, but because it's now making headlines you want to act like it's no big deal?

Archived