THE BROWNS BOARD

First Big Name Attached To Browns *trade*

Represent

First, let me disclose that I'm a Texan fan.

Second, I would like your OPINION on whether Tate is worth swapping first round picks, your 4th for our 26th. You would get a tough and effective runner who has already adjusted to NFL speed and thus is less risky than a draftee. Then you still keep a first round pick to use for other needs which don't require a 4th pick. For us, it puts us in position to draft Blackman to fill a need for a #2 receiver and potential replacement for #1 when Andre Johnson retires or slows down.

This is SPECULATION, not a rumor.

Thank you for your time.

Hey Mike :ph34r:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, let me disclose that I'm a Texan fan.

Second, I would like your OPINION on whether Tate is worth swapping first round picks, your 4th for our 26th. You would get a tough and effective runner who has already adjusted to NFL speed and thus is less risky than a draftee. Then you still keep a first round pick to use for other needs which don't require a 4th pick. For us, it puts us in position to draft Blackman to fill a need for a #2 receiver and potential replacement for #1 when Andre Johnson retires or slows down.

This is SPECULATION, not a rumor.

Thank you for your time.

A 3rd round pick, 4th round pick (the Falcons pick) and swap the 22 for the 26. You guys have invested a ton in Foster- you won't re-sign Tate- you know that and other teams know that. So in this scenario you get two picks and a some movement in the first round. You'll get nothing in a few years.

Archived