THE BROWNS BOARD

This denial that police dont have a problem in this country is becoming comical...

Clevfan4life

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/video-shows-police-tackling-and-beating-a-black-man-suspected-of-stealing-a-car-it-was-his/ar-AAlS4uX?li=BBnbcA1

I mean how do police even deny this shit anymore? I counted like 8 cops in this video. The dude gets out of his car and immediately complies with police. His hands ate straight up. They still ngr pile him and scream "stop resisting"....ok we know now thats a ruse for the audio tapes so later on they can say he was " resisting" arrest.

Backstory is the dude is a phd student in engineering and was doing something to his own car and got called in as a thief. Ok fine, he may have looked like he was jimmying the car. But you cant tell me this is standard police procedure. There was no cause to beleive he was armed. 8 cops could have walked up to him and calmy explained that someone saw him meddling with the car and called in as possible theft in progress. It would have taken a minute to ascertain it was his vehicle and everybody goes about their day. But nope, gotta tune him up on the ground and now ur PD owes another black man a payout but worse, the ongoing blm narrative about cops gets confirmed.....aahhhhhgain.

Im tired of these videos. And im super sick and tired of seeing this kind of police work apologized for. I dont know what the deal is but cops are not cool customers anymore. And worst case some other cops somewhere else take a bullet from a crazy who sees these videos and they confirm his own narrative about our society and he's someone that doesnt give a fuck anyway so lets go out and take some cops down with him. Thats the unfortunate reality. The cops that pull this ngr shit are never the ones that face the backlash. Hell most of the time they get a paid vacation out of it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/video-shows-police-tackling-and-beating-a-black-man-suspected-of-stealing-a-car-it-was-his/ar-AAlS4uX?li=BBnbcA1

I want to offer you a little perspective as an police instructor and supervisor. Keep in mind that you've never done this kind of work. So seeing it from a different point of view is sometimes necessary to bridge the police/citizen gap and vice versa.

I mean how do police even deny this shit anymore? I counted like 8 cops in this video.

This practice is generally prohibited by policies and procedures. It's seldom articulable to need that many officers on scene. Particularly since each officer's presence is considered a cog in the use of force machine.

The dude gets out of his car and immediately complies with police. His hands ate straight up. They still ngr pile him and scream "stop resisting"....ok we know now thats a ruse for the audio tapes so later on they can say he was " resisting" arrest.

It's sometimes a ruse in cases like the one we're currently speaking of. However, verbal commands such as "stop resisting" serve several functions in a MAJORITY of police use of force cases.

The 1st is: it tells suspects what we want them to do.

The 2nd is: it turns bystanders into witnesses (depending on the circumstances this helps or hurts us)

The 3rd is: it helps the officers breath. If we're talking we're taking in necessary breaths to do what needs to be done. (Unless you've ever had to fight a suspect I wouldn't expect you to understand the importance of this one).

Backstory is the dude is a phd student in engineering and was doing something to his own car and got called in as a thief. Ok fine, he may have looked like he was jimmying the car. But you cant tell me this is standard police procedure.

That many officers for one subject no it's not standard and it's generally prohibited by policy.

There was no cause to beleive he was armed.

Since officer ambushes have increased across the country and many firearms and knives are easily concealable there's always cause to believe they may be armed. With that said, there's ways to ease that suspicion without offering violence towards any suspect. However this also depends on a subjet's compliance level.

8 cops could have walked up to him and calmy explained that someone saw him meddling with the car and called in as possible theft in progress.

That doesn't require the presence of eight officers. Enter a likely gross violation of policy to include "failure to supervise."

It would have taken a minute to ascertain it was his vehicle and everybody goes about their day. But nope, gotta tune him up on the ground and now ur PD owes another black man a payout but worse, the ongoing blm narrative about cops gets confirmed.....aaaahhgain.

It is unfortunate that this continues to be a problem. Especially since it leads to more violence and lawlessness. This why it is necessary to hold officers accountable for wrongdoing in every instance possible. As I explain to my guys ignored behavior is condoned behavior.

Im tired of these videos. And im super sick and tired of seeing this kind of police work apologized for.

I hope you don't see this perspective as apologetic of wrongdoing. It's important to remember that the majority of officers go their entire career without being apart of an incident like this. The three main reasons are: they are good human beings, they are properly trained, and are properly supervised.

I dont know what the deal is but cops are not cool customers anymore.

Society has steered us down a sometimes scary road. While police are incorrectly portrayed as a militant occupying force, the public is often incorrectly portrayed as a lawless and chaotic society.

And worst case some other cops somewhere else take a bullet from a crazy who sees these videos and they confirm his own narrative about our society and he's someone that doesnt give a fuck anyway so lets go out and take some cops down with him. Thats the unfortunate reality. The cops that pull this ngr shit are never the ones that face the backlash. Hell most of the time they get a paid vacation out of it.

I hope that proper discipline is administered and the behavior is corrected. Being placed on paid leave is apart of that process because officers still have families and bills even if they are under an internal investigation. Be blessed.

Did clever threaten to put a bullet in the brain of more police?

I thought that was someone else. Nevertheless he has found a good incident to drive this topic.

Marcus, the presence of 8 officers is entirely understandable. They had a call of car theft and thete was the possibility of a car chase. What baffles me is what happened after the guy gets out and puts his hands way the fuck up in the air. 8 officers could have calmly walked up and surrounded the guy. But for some reason they were in gosl line defense and swarmed the guy. Then, as he's screaming its his car, it looks like they might have been giving some purple nurples as all 8 of em are sitting on him.

Marcus, the presence of 8 officers is entirely understandable. They had a call of car theft and thete was the possibility of a car chase. What baffles me is what happened after the guy gets out and puts his hands way the fuck up in the air. 8 officers could have calmly walked up and surrounded the guy. But for some reason they were in gosl line defense and swarmed the guy. Then, as he's screaming its his car, it looks like they might have been giving some purple nurples as all 8 of em are sitting on him.

Enter policies regarding how many officers that need to be on scene. Now that many in the AREA is acceptable for example 3 officers on scene and 5 on a three block perimeter to lessen the chance of a successful escape. This also puts officers in the close vicinity if needed on scene.

8 officers on scene for one suspect does more to cause injuries and induce jeopardy than a lesser number.

I did say i hope that cop that said so what to a man striking a 7 yr old child, eats one some day. I stand by that. But i myself never threatened anyon

I've had my say as well. No need to revisit that.

You can't criticize the police or the military, it's un-American.

Stuart

Just stop. How many times has it been acknowledged that there are bad apples in every profession.

What is unpatriotic is to criticize a whole group because of the actions of a few.

What is unpatriotic calling for the murder of officers over the actions of a few bad apples..

what is unpatriotic is spitting on troops that came home from Vietnam like you motherfuckin leftists did in the 70's.

The caller on the phone: "I hope I am not racial profiling"

The caller after the arrest: "I didn't want to racial profile."

Too late for that haha. PHD student will likely get a big payout for this.

I felt bad for her. I mean u see someone jimmying around a car with a crowbar u call it in. She did mothing wrong. The cops did nothing wrong showing up and pulling the guy over. Everything was as it should be rightbup until homeboy steps out of the car with his hands raised.

It was almost like "oh this ngr thinks he's going to be compliant well fuck that TAKE HIM BOYS YEEEHAAWWW GET THE ROPE CLEETUS...oh wait its 2017 scrap that boys just giv em a couple shots, watch the head now"

I love how when black people talk, for decades now, have been tellin people look we can be in full compliance with them and they still beat us...how trivialized and mocked they were. Like oh ok ngr, im so sure you didnt resist and/or mouth off to those good officers. And we're seeing now if ur black declaring a ccw can get u blasted

Actually with the high watermark these days being somebody getting shot in the back or a severe ass kicking I thought just taking the guy down didn't live up to the standard.

WSS

Oh they just took him down did they? U need ur eyes checked steve? U missed that cops elbows flying up in the air? Dude was raining blows on the guy. Cant tell where he's punching him but the tell tale elbow can be seen and prob going to get the kid paid

Just watched it. I was expecting something more outrageous. A little over the top. The number of officers doesn't make any difference I would think. Certainly calls for an apology.

WSS

The number of officers to suspects is relevant. That ratio is a part of how we articulate "objective reasonableness" as it relates to use of force. The standard of "objective reasonableness" was laid out in the Supreme Court case Graham v. Connor. In spirit of that, policies are drafted to reign in how many officers are on scene depending on the severity of the crime.

It is the supervisors job to properly manage his/her personnel. For instance, I mentioned in a previous post 8 officers on scene is often a misuse of personnel and often leads to quagmires like this. I gave an example of having 3 officers on the actual scene and 5 a few blocks away providing a perimeter. A supervisor that allows that kind of pile up on scene is just as responsible as the officers on scene.

Im sorry marcus but i fail to see how the numbers of officers is relevant. If infact this was a legit crime and the guy did get physically violent, having more officers there refuces the chances one of em had to draw his weapon.

We've seen now multiple occasions where a single officer felt imminently threatened by an unarmed black man running aesynfrom him. It vexes me why 6-8 guys went physical that fucking fast. Its not like tje kids name came up hot on their screens. There was just simply no provocation. If i was their chief they'd have their walking papers the next day i dont care the outcome of any future case. And i would play that video for my entire dept. Any of u feel like this is proper police work theres the door, leave ur badge and piece on my desk on ur way out.

Its alot like the mn incident with the guy reaching for his ccw. 0-60 in .8 seconds.

Im sorry marcus but i fail to see how the numbers of officers is relevant. If infact this was a legit crime and the guy did get physically violent, having more officers there refuces the chances one of em had to draw his weapon.

We've seen now multiple occasions where a single officer felt imminently threatened by an unarmed black man running aesynfrom him. It vexes me why 6-8 guys went physical that fucking fast. Its not like tje kids name came up hot on their screens. There was just simply no provocation. If i was their chief they'd have their walking papers the next day i dont care the outcome of any future case. And i would play that video for my entire dept. Any of u feel like this is proper police work theres the door, leave ur badge and piece on my desk on ur way out.

Its alot like the mn incident with the guy reaching for his ccw. 0-60 in .8 seconds.

It's obvious that you're not seeing my point because if you were you'd see that I'm agreeing with you about this being a case of excessive force. Graham vs Connor is a case that is about as old as I am. Moreover, this quote by you sums up the problem with 6-8 officers on scene. "It vexes me why 6-8 guys went physical that fucking fast. Its not like tje kids name came up hot on their screens. There was just simply no provocation".

This is why police officers have issues with citizens being critical of their work because they really don't understand how we have to think, how we have to train, but most importantly that we are human beings and are just as sesceptable to mistakes as they are. While I agree with you about this being a case of excessive force. I'll say that I don't agree with your generalized attitude towards police because the majority do good work and the right thing day in and day out and don't deserve bullets to the brain or anything remotely close to it.

Well the dude that calmly suggested its ok to strike a 7 yr old for dropping a piece of paper....well....thats nothing to do with being a policeman. Thats beyond the pale and most cops would agree. But i still need an explanation why having that many officers on the scene is more likely to induce an excessive force episode.

Archived