THE BROWNS BOARD

Roger Goodell: We take Browns texting "VERY SERIOUSLY"

WalterWhite

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the GM texts the OC in the middle of the game and says "wtf are you doing?" Why is this a scandal?

We are going to lose a draft pick because that twat Shanahan cried on Mary Kay's shoulder over a mocha latte about mean texts?

Can a coach text GMs while he is doing his job?

Who cares either way?

Shannahan is a vagina. Turn your phone off during the game. I dont check mine during a Browns game, what is he doing checking his?

Z

If the GM texts the OC in the middle of the game and says "wtf are you doing?" Why is this a scandal?

We are going to lose a draft pick because that twat Shanahan cried on Mary Kay's shoulder over a mocha latte about mean texts?

Who cares either way?

Shannahan is a vagina. Turn your phone off during the game. I dont check mine during a Browns game, what is he doing checking his?

Z

Good point....why in the fuck does the Browns OC have his phone on during a game?

While it may have been against the rules for the texts to be performed...why was he even in a position to receive those texts with his phone on?

What a piece of shit.

Marc Sessler@MarcSesslerNFL 8m

Goodell on Browns texting scandal: 'We take it very seriously.'

Not serious enough apparently to give any priority to it.

It is a nothingburger.

The only people that will be hurt by this? The fans....whose team may lose a draft pick.

If it is that bad of an act.....punish the motherfucker who did the act. Not the fucking fans of the team.

Is the Commissioner that stupid or clueless to realize that it is his customers that he is screwing....not the owner...he will make all his fucking money....or the GM...or the dumbass OC. It is us.

Who cares either way?

Z

LOL. Shanny a V J so that leaves Mary Kay as a chattering vibrator :D. Thanks that laugh just made my Day....

Troy Vincent is Reviewing it... Wasn't he part of the Patriot's cheating video taping practice's??? This League Office is Screwed and so are We..

Whatever happened to Deflate-Gate? Clearly the Patriots get preferential treatment when it comes to breaking the rules. Slap a fine on Farmer and be done with it! The Steelers didn't lose a draft pick when Mike Tomlin walked out onto the field during a game against the Ravens. Roger Goodell should have been fired after his two game suspension for Rice last year. He's a buffoon and a hypocrite!

i'd better hear that those texts were somehow causing us an unfair advantage, yeah that's laughable, but anyway...i'd better hear those texts contained some sort of information that maybe Farmer was getting from the broadcasts? I just don't get it...if we get dinged a draft pick but the fucking Ravens knowingly tried to manipulate the Ray Rice affair, Steelers didn't get dick for Tomlin doing his meaning of life impression on a kick returner, and the Patriots don't get anything for actually physically altering game balls ( I still don't get that one and why it would help them but it's still altering something you're not supposed to)....if those teams didn't get shit and the Browns get a draft pick nicked, i'm done paying much attention to the rest of the NFL. I'll watch my Browns and that's it. Fuck that league and the stupid cunt lord who runs it.

Let's not be "those" fans. Greg Hardy is a piece of shit unless he is our piece of shit. Farmer broke a rule and we've gotta live with that. This bullshit rationalization of those guys are worse is the sad dialog of downtrodden fans. The only question we have to answer is if we suffer the same fate as "Spy-Gate" and lose #12 or #19 do heads roll or do we grin and bear it as we always do?

Let's not be "those" fans. Greg Hardy is a piece of shit unless he is our piece of shit. Farmer broke a rule and we've gotta live with that. This bullshit rationalization of those guys are worse is the sad dialog of downtrodden fans. The only question we have to answer is if we suffer the same fate as "Spy-Gate" and lose #12 or #19 do heads roll or do we grin and bear it as we always do?

Dude, Greg Hardy beat the fuck out of a woman and Farmer texted a coach.

A little context please.

Z

If the Browns lose 12 and 19, I will never waste another minute on NFL football as long as I'd live.

No not losing both but based on Goddell's press conference today he seemed to be taking the stance that breaking the rule is more important than gaining a competitive edge. The Patriots had to give up their #1 for SpyGate so it is very possible the Browns have to give up either 12 or 19.

spygate = huge advantage

textinggate = dumb, no advantage

It's stupid, you can bet this worthless commish just doesn't have

the Browns listed on his "favorite teams" list.

He only goes favorites for his goodoldboys club members.

Not the action but the context, the fact that fans of teams are outraged one way or the other when it affects their team.

If Farmer beat the fuck out of his wife I would be outraged.

If the Panthers GM texted a coach during a game i wouldnt care.

You can flip that around any way you want.

The NFL is gay if they make an examples out of team X for texting coaches.

Z

spygate = huge advantage

textinggate = dumb, no advantage

It's stupid, you can bet this worthless commish just doesn't have

the Browns listed on his "favorite teams" list.

He only goes favorites for his goodoldboys club members.

Unfortunately Farmer broke the rules and typically in a society full of rules you get punished. Now when deciding the punishment I would hope advantage vs. disadvantage would play a role but the NFL, as of late, likes standardizing punishments.

Zombo makes a great point.

There is no comparison to domestic violence and texting, NONE

If Farmer beat the fuck out of his wife I would be outraged.

If the Panthers GM texted a coach during a game i wouldnt care.

You can flip that around any way you want.

The NFL is gay if they make an examples out of team X for texting coaches.

Z

It's not about example. If you get caught breaking the rules you get punished. That's the similarity between SpyGate, Peterson, Hardy, Vick, Brent, etc. If they take away 12 instead of 19 we can argue that the penalty may be too harsh but let's not be the fans who endorse breaking the rules

It's not about example. If you get caught breaking the rules you get punished. That's the similarity between SpyGate, Peterson, Hardy, Vick, Brent, etc. If they take away 12 instead of 19 we can argue that the penalty may be too harsh but let's not be the fans who endorse breaking the rules

I've usually enjoyed your takes but you sound an absolute fucking Retard about this.

We as fan should sit back and accept it if they take the 12 and 19 away from us?

Beating the fuck of someone and texting isn't the same example. It's not even in the same ball park or league, it's not even the same fucking sport.

You're way off on this one.

I've usually enjoyed your takes but you sound an absolute fucking Retard about this.

We as fan should sit back and accept it if they take the 12 and 19 away from us?

Beating the fuck of someone and texting isn't the same example. It's not even in the same ball park or league, it's not even the same fucking sport.

I know English is your second language but I never said beating someone and texting a coach is the same thing. I was drawing parallels between fans supporting rule breakers because they wear the right uniform. The draft picks play a role base on what the Patriots received for SpyGate. The Patriots were fined $500,000 and lost their 1st round pick. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns lost #19 as compromise for truly not having a competitive advantage.

My whole point, and again this is also indicative of society as a whole, that as fans we ignore the mistake and defend the culprit when they are aligned with us. I'm seeing it in my area right now with Syracuse basketball.

No, you are inferring that A. jaywalking and B. robbing a bank and gunning down bank tellers and

customers...

are to be penalized equally because they both broke the law.

Nonsense.

I know English is your second language but I never said beating someone and texting a coach is the same thing. I was drawing parallels between fans supporting rule breakers because they wear the right uniform. The draft picks play a role base on what the Patriots received for SpyGate. The Patriots were fined $500,000 and lost their 1st round pick. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns lost #19 as compromise for truly not having a competitive advantage.

My whole point, and again this is also indicative of society as a whole, that as fans we ignore the mistake and defend the culprit when they are aligned with us. I'm seeing it in my area right now with Syracuse basketball.

You're an idiot.

No one is supporting our players and coaches break the law.

It no way shape or form does texting on the sideline compare at all to domestic violence nor merit a loss of a high draft pick.

End of story

No, you are inferring that A. jaywalking and B. robbing a bank and gunning down bank tellers and

customers...

are to be penalized equally because they both broke the law.

Nonsense.

Not saying that at all. Im saying that there are rules governing the NFL, and society, and breaking the rules results in punishments. The closest case we've seen is SpyGate, where a team broke the rule on using electronic devices. The result of that was the Patriots paid a $500,000 fine and lost their first round draft pick. Today Goddell hinted that breaking the NFL rules, regardless of competitive advantage, is the problem. As such I would not be overly surprised if the Browns lost #19 and $250,000.

My larger point is let's not be the type of fans that say, "yeah we got caught but it wasn't that bad" or "the NFL is picking on us 'cause we're Cleveland fans". It is what it is and at this point we should be focused on how the Browns move forward.

You're an idiot.

No one is supporting our players and coaches break the law.

It no way shape or form does texting on the sideline compare at all to domestic violence nor merit a loss of a high draft pick.

End of story

Seriously last time, no one is comparing the punishment for domestic violence with texting.

Farmer broke the NFL's rules and will be punished for it and yes reading this thread is the same, woe is me, the big bad NFL is sticking it to Cleveland.

Farmer broke the NFL's rules and will be punished for it and yes reading this thread is the same, woe is me, the big bad NFL is sticking it to Cleveland.

Was Dallas stripped of it's draft picks when one it's re-instated players killed a man in a DUI?

Was Baltimore stripped of picks for tampering with Ray Rice evidence?

Was Pittsburgh stripped of picks when Mike Tomlin placed his foot on the field at Jacoby Jones?

Show some consistently with your argument you fruit.

Was Dallas stripped of it's draft picks when one it's re-instated players killed a man in a DUI?

Was Baltimore stripped of picks for tampering with Ray Rice evidence?

Was Pittsburgh stripped of picks when Mike Tomlin placed his foot on the field at Jacoby Jones?

Show some consistently with your argument you fruit.

Again, SpyGate is the closest example. I'm pretty sure in 2007 your Middle School had the internet.

Archived