THE BROWNS BOARD

Danny Shelton

SkippinTurtles

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we talk about the Brady-Ben-Manziel part?

Z

Steeler fans can't talk intelligently about it. They think that the Steelers are good because their fans are superior. (another absolute myth). They don't seem to have a clue that the keys to their recent success have been the presence of a Hall of Fame caliber QB and a Hall of Fame defensive coordinator. They have now lost half of that combination.....but those assfucks think that they can just plug in another guy and they will be just as good. They don't have a clue as to how lucky they are to have taken a BR when they did. They are lucky because for what everything is worth....BR could have turned out to be no better than JMZ. His off field problems were worse than Johnnys. But he was good enough as a QB to overcome all that. Johnny very well may not be.

They think that they can just plug in another guy at DC....and eventually at QB and always be just as good. They are stupid that way.

They are ignorant of their own past. They went from 1982 to 2004 with some lousy QBs....Mark Malone , Bubby Brister, Tommy Maddox. They did pretty well with Neil O'Donnell. They are stupid to the fact that if BR went down again that the likes of Bruce Gradkowski and Landry Jones ain't going to replace him....and that they won't have LeBeau to dig them out of the fire.

The Browns have had a whole series of bad luck with their QBs. The Steelers have had one stroke of good luck....drafting BR....that has sustained them for a decade now. They think that it is their automatic right that that continue.

Patriot fans are probably equally as clueless. Tom Brady won't last forever....and BBs record without Brady at QB? 2 winning seasons, 5 losing seasons. While BB and TB have been a great combination, it is by no means proven that BB can win without Brady. He has not proven to me that he is the equivalent of a Tom Landry or Don Shula, or Joe Gibbs....that he can win with whomever he has had at QB.

BB has losing seasons with Bernie Kosar....and Todd Philcox, with Vinny, with Bledsoe. He had one winning season with Vinny and one with Matt Cassell. Without TB there should be no assumption that the team would be worth a shit just because BB is the coach.

(does that talk satisfy you?)

Two questions:

Did we need another Shelton thread?

Who pissed off Gip this AM?

Can Brown really play the 3-4? I know he never ran it at Texas. I've always liked him but not as a 3-4 nose.

I see Brown as being as immovable as Shelton vs. the run, but lacking Shelton's versatility to attack and pressure the middle of the pocket on passing downs.

Steeler fans can't talk intelligently about it. They think that the Steelers are good because their fans are superior. (another absolute myth). They don't seem to have a clue that the keys to their recent success have been the presence of a Hall of Fame caliber QB and a Hall of Fame defensive coordinator. They have now lost half of that combination.....but those assfucks think that they can just plug in another guy and they will be just as good. They don't have a clue as to how lucky they are to have taken a BR when they did. They are lucky because for what everything is worth....BR could have turned out to be no better than JMZ. His off field problems were worse than Johnnys. But he was good enough as a QB to overcome all that. Johnny very well may not be.

They think that they can just plug in another guy at DC....and eventually at QB and always be just as good. They are stupid that way.

They are ignorant of their own past. They went from 1982 to 2004 with some lousy QBs....Mark Malone , Bubby Brister, Tommy Maddox. They did pretty well with Neil O'Donnell. They are stupid to the fact that if BR went down again that the likes of Bruce Gradkowski and Landry Jones ain't going to replace him....and that they won't have LeBeau to dig them out of the fire.

The Browns have had a whole series of bad luck with their QBs. The Steelers have had one stroke of good luck....drafting BR....that has sustained them for a decade now. They think that it is their automatic right that that continue.

Patriot fans are probably equally as clueless. Tom Brady won't last forever....and BBs record without Brady at QB? 2 winning seasons, 5 losing seasons. While BB and TB have been a great combination, it is by no means proven that BB can win without Brady. He has not proven to me that he is the equivalent of a Tom Landry or Don Shula, or Joe Gibbs....that he can win with whomever he has had at QB.

BB has losing seasons with Bernie Kosar....and Todd Philcox, with Vinny, with Bledsoe. He had one winning season with Vinny and one with Matt Cassell. Without TB there should be no assumption that the team would be worth a shit just because BB is the coach.

(does that talk satisfy you?)

Has Flugels taken over your body?

My point was that regardless of who plays nose tackle, Johnny Manziel in the same breath as Brady and Ben at this point is laughable ... so, yes, I think you covered that.

Z

Two questions:

Did we need another Shelton thread? Merged.

Who pissed off Gip this AM?

Stupid fucking Steeler fans, who else?

I see Brown as being as immovable as Shelton vs. the run, but lacking Shelton's versatility to attack and pressure the middle of the pocket on passing downs.

Has Flugels taken over your body?

Yes, and here is the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JII3c3DWIbU

OH WELL....talk about Asshats.

My point was that regardless of who plays nose tackle, Johnny Manziel in the same breath as Brady and Ben at this point is laughable ... so, yes, I think you covered that.

I wish that at some point that he could be talked about in the same breath....but I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Z

When you can Clog the Middle on the run and get Pressure to the Middle of the Pocket that's worth trading up to me. Not Mariota or anybody else IMO.. M. Brown is the man at 12 if cost to much to get to Shelton..

why trade up to get a guy when there is another who is rated just a tad below the other and won't cost you anything to get him?

and anyone the browns pick is a gamble as is any other player for any other team. freak injuries, suspensions.......you really can't say anyone is a 'sure thing'.

if shelton is still there at ten i'm sure farmer would try and move up using some later round pick(s) but to land one of the top 3 NTs with either the 12th or 19th pick would be fine in my book.

I'm a little concerned with stamina until he changes 30 lbs of fat to muscle. Brown or Goldman I am not concerned with on that factor.\

Draftscouts actually has Goldman ahead of either Brown or Shelton.

http://www.draftscouts.com/big-board/

I've not heard anyone question Shelton's stamina. I have seen him called a high-motor player.

Not sure who DraftScouts is, but that list is dated Feb 3rd. Currently DraftScout has Goldman is ranked as their #5 DT. Shelton is #2 and Brown #3.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=DT&draftyear=2015&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

I've not heard anyone question Shelton's stamina. I have seen him called a high-motor player.

Not sure who DraftScouts is, but that list is dated Feb 3rd.

Right.....Ive heard the same on Shelton.....great speed and motor....moves very well for his size...

and...yes....that Draftscout list is ancient......(and very wrong, based upon todays rankings)

Would you package the #19 pick and a second rounder for Shelton. Dude would would anchor the defense for a decade.

hey i love shelton too but we only have one second rounder so.......you'd trade 2 of our first 3 picks (19 and 43) for one player? you know what kind of talent lies in the area of those 3 picks? man we'd pass up on some great value for one guy. i don't like the idea when the WR/TE and DE/OLB positions will still need to be addressed and within that area, very good value is still available.

hey i love shelton too but we only have one second rounder so.......you'd trade 2 of our first 3 picks (19 and 43) for one player? you know what kind of talent lies in the area of those 3 picks? man we'd pass up on some great value for one guy. i don't like the idea when the WR/TE and DE/OLB positions will still need to be addressed and within that area, very good value is still avaiI

I feel you not wanting to give up picks. This isn't the Herschel Walker trade. Shelton would transform the defense way more than say, Watkins will help the Bills. Even if Watkins is Megatron 2.0 the Bills are fucked.

hey i love shelton too but we only have one second rounder so.......you'd trade 2 of our first 3 picks (19 and 43) for one player? you know what kind of talent lies in the area of those 3 picks? man we'd pass up on some great value for one guy. i don't like the idea when the WR/TE and DE/OLB positions will still need to be addressed and within that area, very good value is still available.

Totally agree. Of the top 3 NT's, Shelton shows me He is the one that can crush and Pressure A QB from the Middle of the Pocket. I am looking at we have 2-6th rounder's and 1 7th. Most our needs should be filled and Farmer usually trades out of them or down.. Worth a Call to Me to try to move up a couple spots..

Archived