THE BROWNS BOARD

Robert Kraft is an Asshat

The Gipper

Here is another article about teams moving to LA.....with Robert Kraft shooting his stupid mouth off about the situation, saying that two teams should move to LA.

He says he feels bad about a generation of fans who grew up in LA without a home town team.

Fuck them. They have never given a shit.

What about the fans of the teams in the cities that may move? He doesn't seem to give a shit about them.

He seems glib about which teams should move there...as if they were just pieces on his board.

Fuck his sorry ass.

I have a solution.....he thinks its such a great idea to have team's move to LA? Have the Patriots be one of them. LA is much larger than Boston.

That team done very little in its history when the name Tom Brady hasn't been associated with it. And Brady is on the very downside of his career.

He could change the name to the LA Paladins.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000480878/article/kraft-potential-la-teams-should-move-together

BRAVO! It seems todays' owners belong to an elite club of callous, uncaring, greedy fools. Los Angeles had no fan base but San Diego does. We in Cleveland know all too well what it's like to have your team move to another city. It would be nice to see Kraft's Patriots in Los Angeles. Maybe then they would belong to a division that gave them some competition.

BRAVO! It seems todays' owners belong to an elite club of callous, uncaring, greedy fools. Los Angeles had no fan base but San Diego does. We in Cleveland know all too well what it's like to have your team move to another city. It would be nice to see Kraft's Patriots in Los Angeles. Maybe then they would belong to a division that gave them some competition.

Callous, greedy billionaires? What a novel idea...

Those callous greedy billionaires employ a hell of a lot of people, many of them for a lot more money than they'd make doing anything else.

OK, well, then the Patriots and the Cowboys can move to LA, give people there those jobs, and put the people in the town they are leaving out on the street.

san Diego is closer to Los Angeles than Columbus is to Cleveland. just an FYI.

WSS

To salve the feelings....if they move out of SD, they should call them the Southern California Chargers.

Or how about following the lead of another SoCal team.

The San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles.

Though, according to this article, it is still highly possible that LA will get squadoosh:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/03/24/los-angeles-st-louis-rams-san-diego-chargers-oakland-raiders-stan-kroenke/70404784/

OK, so here is the deal: HEY, NFL asshole owners.....you want a team in LA? Vote for expansion and shut the fuck up about moving teams there.

Those callous greedy billionaires employ a hell of a lot of people, many of them for a lot more money than they'd make doing anything else.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

1) Define the terms "employ" and "a lot"

* Food service workers don't receive a salary, they're just "allowed" to be there selling things.

* Ticket checkers and ushers get about 2 hours at minimum wage before taxes are taken out.

* Cheerleaders get under $20/game.

These people aren't employed by any stretch of the imagination. Do you consider yourself an "employer" if you drive to Home Depot at 5am and say you're going to offer 3 hours of pay if some day laborers will work for 6 hours?

2) It's not "a lot" more than the same professionals "would have achieved" somewhere else.

* Scouts start at 20k/yr

* Ticket sales staff starts at 35k/yr

* Scouting director starts at 95k

* Athletic trainer staff starts at 35k/yr

This is industry average.. and not "a lot' of positions.

Similar positions exist with the colleges and/or medical professions in every city where there's an NFL team.. the job itself is somewhat fungible because a person could easily transition from a position with the Bengals to the same with UC, for example. Also, show proof that the salaries paid by NFL teams are significantly above industry average.. good luck.

This isn't a case of "unique job unable to be duplicated" - nope, if the team wants to sell tickets to the local population for any length of time, they will staff these positions.. and if they move, they still have to staff these positions.

You've got the causality wrong.... the billionaires don't "create" anything -- without the TICKET PAYERS, no profit exists. The team exists because of the ticket payers, not the other way around. Think of an NFL team as a business whose sole job is to sell tickets.

The reason Al Davis left LA the last time is because nobody cares enough in LA to pay for tickets.. and that's exactly what will happen again.

In response to your second point, I didn't say "would have achieved," because I know how to write. Not sure why you put that in quotes. They also pay a bunch of borderline Retarded kids, many lacking a college degree, millions of dollars a year.

Exactly....the NFL makes money and exists at such a high level because of fan interest.

What if the fans were not so interested in that sport? What would happen then? They could be like Major League LaCrosse, the WNBA,

Or this....a very popular sport at some levels...but not at the pros:

http://www.usapvl.com/

And what happened to the Team Tennis League.

So, check this out.....what if some other sport became just as popular

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

Only the English Premier Soccer League horns in on the US/Canada Big Four sports in terms of revenue.

In response to your second point, I didn't say "would have achieved," because I know how to write. Not sure why you put that in quotes. They also pay a bunch of borderline Retarded kids, many lacking a college degree, millions of dollars a year.

Awesome example of your "writing" there...

Want to guess why I put writing in quotes?

Want to guess why I put writing in quotes?

Yes, it was pretty awesome.

You didn't put "writing" in quotes. You put in quotes something I hadn't said. So no I don't want to guess, because I have no guess.

Blind as well as dense I see...

Want to guess why I put writing in quotes? Tour

You didn't put "writing" in quotes. You put in quotes something I hadn't said. So no I don't want to guess, because I have no guess.WARG

Oh, this is going to be good. Oh, be a sport, Warg, go ahead and take a guess....

Glad I read this tonight, instead of tomorrow morning with a cup of coffee near my keyboard... B)

Good idea unsympathetic. Go get the tar and feathers! Northeast Ohio will be much better off without these rich bastards! We can just split up those millions and give it to the poor!

WSS

steve, don't you know everyone hates a rich prick until they become one?

• 4 months later...

If I was Kraft, I would've gotten up there like"yeah, we got caught cheating, but who cares?! We won the Super Bowl!" I would then put on a pair of dark sunglasses and walk off stage laughing maniacally while trying to get the straw into a Capri Sun.

To salve the feelings....if they move out of SD, they should call them the Southern California Chargers.

Or how about following the lead of another SoCal team.

The San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles.

Though, according to this article, it is still highly possible that LA will get squadoosh:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/03/24/los-angeles-st-louis-rams-san-diego-chargers-oakland-raiders-stan-kroenke/70404784/

OK, so here is the deal: HEY, NFL asshole owners.....you want a team in LA? Vote for expansion and shut the fuck up about moving teams there.

Agreed about expansion- but a 32 team league is ideal. 4-4-4-4...

If Kraft wants a team in LA so damn bad- move the Cheatriots there, if you think it's such a great idea. I have a good friend that's been to Gillette many times, and he says it sucks. The Raiders and the Rams proved otherwise on the viability of the Los Angeles market. It's a new world with Direct Sunday ticket, and streaming video. The La-las can follow any team they take a liking to. My Alaska pal says there's tons of Seahawk fans up there- so why not expand to Anchorage?

I don't see any LA NFL fans so hot to see a live game, they bothering to make the drive south to fill up those empty seats in San Diego either. Unless they sell off 20 year PSLs in any new venue in Los Angeles, any team moved there is doomed to fail- again- MHO. I feel for the Rams fans in St Louis- I do know a few- and I'm making the road trip to see the Browns there in October.

Archived