THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Veteran Combine

MLD Woody

Anyone look into any of the news that came out of the Veteran's Combine today?

I saw that Adam Carriker benched 40 reps at 225, which would have been the most reps out of anyone at this year's Rookie Combine.

Also, some of the QBs there looked decent. Tyler Wilson got some attention.

Michael Sam looked real good, and honestly I would love it if we made a play for him.

Dude could definitely be a stud in the NFL, and if the Browns get on Hard Knocks it would be T.V. gold.

who do you work for....nickelodeon???

Michael Sam looked real good, and honestly I would love it if we made a play for him.

Dude could definitely be a stud in the NFL, and if the Browns get on Hard Knocks it would be T.V. gold.

Just what we need...ANOTHER sideshow. PLEASE tell us you're kidding?!

Mike

I was just listening to a report that apparently a lot of guys feel the 40's were timed really poorly at the event. One of our former Browns Carlton Mitchell was timed slower than he thought and Michael Bush noted above was very mad he was clocked that slow. Don't know if it has any legs (pun intended) but it seems like the 40 yard dash was done badly. It may not seem like a big deal but these guys have one more chance and a slow 40 might as well be a career ender.

At the rookie Combine the same coach has stressed or years that if players fail to hold perfectly sill for a count, then their times will be inflated. Sounds like failing to do that might be a contributing issue here.

This combine seems like a great idea to give guys that were never drafted or cut early in their career another shot at getting a look, but I guess I don't understand guys like Brady Quinn getting an invite. What more can a guy like him show any team in the NFL besides what they already have seen?

Most of these guys have plenty of film on them. That said, running, jumping, lifting isn't going to to much

The film don't lie. If you suck................ie. Brady Quinn, this "combine" is POINTLESS

He was signed by 4 different teams who all dropped him.

Never played a down though. He had shoulder surgery in 2010 that didn't heal right which is why he lost his spot to Tannehill at A&M. I think it took a couple years to get that shoulder right. He said on Texags radio the other day that once you get that opportunity to step on the field in the NFL and prove that you're at least competent (a la McCoy, Weeden, Orton, etc.), you'll have a bench spot pretty much for life.

Plenty of guys on NFL benches that everyone thinks suck that end up being pushed onto the field and do ok. I'm not saying JJ is a star or even a starter, but I think he'd be ok.

Thanks. Stats look decent. Of course no one can fault him for losing the job to Russell Wilson. He was pretty dang solid in 09 before his shoulder got ruined. ESPN had him as the preseason #1 player in the Big 12 going into 2010 (Texas had just gone to a national championship, mind you).

Archived