THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns on Hard Knocks

ConnerLangford

No opinion. I have never seen the show.

Ditto. Got a feeling the Browns are going to get drafted.

I'm actually agreeing with the Vag on this. HBO has some really great programming.

Not worth the extra $$ IMHO. To each their own. Crap, my Directv bill is already on the high side of $100, (way more than that when I pay the six month extortion fee for Sunday Ticket) and the only "premium" I normally have is the $12 Fox Sports package. If I occasionally want to watch a movie, PPV is a cheaper option in my case.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I'd like to see us hold off at least one more year. Very pivotal year for this organization and what it is trying to instill culturally. Shining a bright light on that will do absolutely no good.

Hopefully someone steps up and volunteers...

I'm actually agreeing with the Vag on this. HBO has some really great programming.

Their original programming had better stay great since the movies they've been landing lately suck royally...

Not worth the extra $$ IMHO. To each their own. Crap, my Directv bill is already on the high side of $100, (way more than that when I pay the six month extortion fee for Sunday Ticket) and the only "premium" I normally have is the $12 Fox Sports package. If I occasionally want to watch a movie, PPV is a cheaper option in my case.

I have read on another site that if you call directv and threaten to cancel service, they will offer Sunday ticket for free. Subscribers do this every year. I use the library for free dvd movies.

Because I generally always express my thoughts....positive, negative or neutral. Every once in a while I do have neutral feelings about this. I believe you should always be aware of my feelings young padawan.

LOL, Yeah, I figured you thought that everyone on this board was brain dead and opioions weren't as important as yours. Thanks for verifying this court jester!

PS: Suck my hairy smelly balls.

It sounds degrading. Roger Goodell, who makes far too much money, is the worst bucket of manure to ever represent the NFL. Imagine, forcing teams to admit they are "losers" in front of the whole world. FORCING teams to play In London, Thursday Night Football, and a TV show that can only be another distraction.

I sure would like to know what Roger "told" Jameis Winston on his visit to New York last week. Someone should force Roger to do Dancing With The Stars and see how he like to be humiliated.

all you need to add to a team that is trying to find it's identity, bottle up some immaturity, and bring a foundation of trust and family is a script and a bunch of cameras.

if this isn't the worse thing that could happen to this team at this point, i don't know what could top it? maybe having a tennessean as an owner? (oops, already got that).

Yes, Hard Knocks is a great show for any fan base. I just see the timing for this is at the wrong time. Your Offense has a whole new coaching staff with distractions. A POSSIBLE 2nd year QB coming out of Rehab. No Thanks.. I would Prefer to go to London and 9am Pubs. Ice Cold Beer Here!!

I think it's a great show for a team's fan base... maybe the fans in a given division, but last year's ATL-fest was kinda boring... excepting maybe the former Housewives of ATL "star".

It's become very much of a recipe show... here's some ingredients

- one longshot rookie with a great story;

- one injury comeback veteran;

- one vet trying to land a slot one more year;

- one bonus baby, high draft pick (even better if holding out);

- one salty former Head Coach;

- one salty, former player position coach;

... shake well and poor into a half dozen Thursday nights.

It sounds degrading. Roger Goodell, who makes far too much money, is the worst bucket of manure to ever represent the NFL. Imagine, forcing teams to admit they are "losers" in front of the whole world. FORCING teams to play In London, Thursday Night Football, and a TV show that can only be another distraction.

I sure would like to know what Roger "told" Jameis Winston on his visit to New York last week. Someone should force Roger to do Dancing With The Stars and see how he like to be humiliated.

The irrational Goodell hate cracks me up.

The irrational Goodell hate cracks me up.

No kidding........... Poor, mistreated NFL teams. My heart bleeds.

I have read on another site that if you call directv and threaten to cancel service, they will offer Sunday ticket for free. Subscribers do this every year. I use the library for free dvd movies.

Well aware of that. Yeah- you can probably pull that stunt- once- after your commitment is up. They do keep track. I did manage to get $60 off this past year, for being a "longtime loyal customer." er sucker.

It will depend on who you get on the other side of the line, how persuasive (or persistent) you are, and a couple other factors. I've heard, if you don't get the freebie, hang up, call back and try again with another representative.

Face it- Direct CAN'T totally give Sunday Ticket away- they're in hock to the NFL to the tune of $4 BILLION dollars for exclusivity rights- so that money has to come from somewhere.

Library DVDs? You mean the ones some renters use for beer coasters or Frisbees with their dogs? You get what you pay for in that regard. I've seen plenty so ruined, they wouldn't even play on my Blu-Ray.

But Tour we have several really good storylines. :D

1. Two, count 'em, two first round picks trying to show they really were worth it, one of whom was an S.I. coverboy who chose to go thru rehab.

2. Multiple veteran players to follow who are in the "mentor" stage of their lives helping the young pups become real winning NFL players

3. One losing franchise trying to put it back together for the first time in decades after the "year that got away".

4. A whole team that can adopt the "moneysign" while the rehabbed QB smiles in self-mockery

5. A team with 10 new drafted rookies that have the potential to right this ship

6. A long suffering fan base that has actually dared to hope again despite Lucy stealing that football at every new opportunity

Hell-I'd damn sure watch it :lol:

i think we'd all watch it being fans and all, the point is do you think it'd be a pos or neg considering this is a very important year for the coaching staff getting these guys 'right' for a brutal schedule.

don't think pettine or farmer would like the players to have to dodge cameramen and worry about what some player says about something that throws another bad light on ANY situation.

i, myself, think it'd be a distraction not needed. make the fucking playoffs already and then come back talking about 'Hard Knocks'.

Well aware of that. Yeah- you can probably pull that stunt- once- after your commitment is up. They do keep track. I did manage to get $60 off this past year, for being a "longtime loyal customer." er sucker.

It will depend on who you get on the other side of the line, how persuasive (or persistent) you are, and a couple other factors. I've heard, if you don't get the freebie, hang up, call back and try again with another representative.

Face it- Direct CAN'T totally give Sunday Ticket away- they're in hock to the NFL to the tune of $4 BILLION dollars for exclusivity rights- so that money has to come from somewhere.

Library DVDs? You mean the ones some renters use for beer coasters or Frisbees with their dogs? You get what you pay for in that regard. I've seen plenty so ruined, they wouldn't even play on my Blu-Ray.

I think you're overestimating how many people call in and do that each year. I'd bet for every 1 person who does, 4 just simply pay the price of the ticket. Trust me, in my generation people HATE confrontation and would rather just go with the rules.

i think we'd all watch it being fans and all, the point is do you think it'd be a pos or neg considering this is a very important year for the coaching staff getting these guys 'right' for a brutal schedule.

don't think pettine or farmer would like the players to have to dodge cameramen and worry about what some player says about something that throws another bad light on ANY situation.

i, myself, think it'd be a distraction not needed. make the fucking playoffs already and then come back talking about 'Hard Knocks'.

There's little doubt that observation alters behavior... camera on = showtime... Not a positive.

My earlier point was not that I would not watch, but that the series has gotten tired. So unless we,, or at minimum one of our AFCN brethren were featured, after each episode I watched I'd ask myself why I bothered.

True, but someone usually volunteers.

Houston seems interested. If they get it, then we can all watch Hoyer adjust to Big City life...

True, but someone usually volunteers.

Houston seems interested. If they get it, then we can all watch Hoyer adjust to Big City life...

Despite Houston being a larger city, population wise than Cleveland, it is really no more of a "Big City". Cleveland has big city infrastructure, amenities, culture which Houston may only be catching up on.

I am not sure that is how you meant that comment....but that is how I ran with it.

Despite Houston being a larger city, population wise than Cleveland, it is really no more of a "Big City". Cleveland has big city infrastructure, amenities, culture which Houston may only be catching up on.

I am not sure that is how you meant that comment....but that is how I ran with it.

Houston is a top-10 overall media market. Cleveland is 19th.

Houston is a top-10 television market. Cleveland is 17th.

Houston is 4th in population. Cleveland is 48th.

Cleveland is a little-big city. A city...but not really on the same level. It's like comparing Hoboken and NYC.

Cleveland might not be as big as Houston but the fans are 10 times as passionate and the Browns are more historical than the Texans.

Houston is famous for rappers and sizzurp

I would expect the Browns to be more historical than a team that just became a teenager.

The Oilers...it's a little closer.

As for culture...Houston is the one of the few cities left with an active ballet and opera and symphony and theatre.

Archived