THE BROWNS BOARD

What's our biggest need?

WalterWhite

how could you say CB is the second biggest need when we are stacked at that position?

no DL on your list???????????????????????

Well....everybody has different lists. ^_^

how could you say CB is the second biggest need when we are stacked at that position?

Because I don't know who our starting CB is next to Haden. Gilbert with 25 tackles or Tramon Williams who is 32 (honestly don't know much about). Our undrafted guy shows some promise.

no DL on your list???????????????????????

DL was up there but it kept on sliding the more I thought about it. I remember a time when everyone thought this was a strenghth. It depends on the health of Taylor, and losing Houghs was iceing on the cake. I could move it up to 5 on my list, if we're really serious about running the ball to the RS over and over then let's get serious and add someone dominant.

Not saying I would draft in this order, We should draft anyone who is potential All-Pro calliber. Many say Shelton is that.

This would be my top 5 bc they're not so much a depth issue.

1. OLB weak-side

2. CB

3. WR

4. TE

5. RT/RG

On board with your first priority "IF" they convert Armonty to pull some strong side duty to spell Kruger. Otherwise I'd rather us take a tweener like Beasley or another guy in that 245-255 range that could play either the jack or will

Your score is: 4307 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 15 (S.F.): Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (A)

Round 1 Pick 19: Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (C+)

Round 2 Pick 11: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (B+)

Round 2 Pick 12 (N.O.): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (D+)

Round 2 Pick 14 (S.F.): Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (B-)

Round 3 Pick 13: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) ( B)

Round 4 Pick 12: Derrick Lott, DT, Chattanooga (D)

Round 4 Pick 16: Davis Tull, OLB, Chattanooga (A)

Round 5 Pick 11: Joey Iosefa, FB, Hawaii (F)

Round 6 Pick 13: Marvin Kloss, K, South Florida (F)

Round 6 Pick 26: Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State ©

Round 7 Pick 12: Aaron Ripkowski, FB, Oklahoma (D)

How did you pick up two extra picks?

(that is the problem with mock drafting that allow trades.....any silly scenario can be put forward).

On board with your first priority "IF" they convert Armonty to pull some strong side duty to spell Kruger. Otherwise I'd rather us take a tweener like Beasley or another guy in that 245-255 range that could play either the jack or will

I hope Beasley falls to us and we take him. Can you clarify your idea for Armonty...are you saying convert Armonty to ST-OLB to back Krugar? Or are you saying start at DE and follow strong-side? I don't recall if O'Connell did that often or if he's more a match-up guy.

How did you pick up two extra picks?

(that is the problem with mock drafting that allow trades.....any silly scenario can be put forward).

I traded down one slot with N.O. Saints and picked up a second rounder. Then with several good receivers still on the board I traded down again with SF and picked up another second rounder. They both picked up pretty good guys that I was about to draft, but it worked out and I like who we ended up with.

I traded down one slot with N.O. Saints and picked up a second rounder. Then with several good receivers still on the board I traded down again with SF and picked up another second rounder. They both picked up pretty good guys that I was about to draft, but it worked out and I like who we ended up with.

While I am sure it is fun to play around with that sort of maneuvering, it has really nothing to do with reality. It is more or less "Fantasy Drafting"....which, again, is OK for entertainment sake. But since I don't engage in Fantasy Football it has no relevancy for me. If actual trades are made in the real world, then doing a mock on who may be picked is OK speculation.

Maybe I have hit on something.....a "Fantasy Draft" site.

I now own the trademarks rights....so don't go trying to steal my ideas :angry:

Nothing to do with reality? And here I thought teams traded picks...

While the FirstPick Sim can be taken to irrational extremes (the record accumulation is in excess of 100 picks), there is nothing extreme in Po's activity.

And there are already Fantasy Drafts... they are held at the beginning of every Fantasy League.

Nothing to do with reality? And here I thought teams traded picks...

Yes....but I am talking real reality. Real teams can trade real picks....but until that is done by the Cleveland Browns....and not by Poetic G in some fantasy draft world....it is all just entertainment. When the Browns actually make a trade of their picks....let me know.

While the FirstPick Sim can be taken to irrational extremes (the record accumulation is in excess of 100 picks), there is nothing extreme in Po's activity.

No not extreme, but like I said....until Poetic G actually becomes the GM of the real Cleveland Browns and actually trades real picks for the real Cleveland Browns....it is still fantasy. But I don't decry the entertainment value of it. I too engage in the mock draft process for fun. But I know it is just imaginary.

And there are already Fantasy Drafts... they are held at the beginning of every Fantasy League.

I am talking about Fantasy Drafts using the Collegiate draft players.

Is there a site that you can go on and put money down, make your fantasy picks, have them compared to the real draft, and win money based on how well your mock draft does compared to the real draft? I can't help but think there must be because if there is money in it, someone would have thought of it and implemented it.

I agree...the trade simulator can be used to create realisic kinds of trades....or taken too far....but the Browns have a notable history of trading in the draft(how many last year alone?....4 or 5?)

Lets see, just last season..... we went down from #4 to #9, then back up to #8......then we traded up from #24 to #22...so there's 3 trades in the first round alone........and then, we traded up again to get West.......

pretty sure we traded up for Richardson......and traded down the year we grabbed Mack......

so yeah....""when the Browns make a real trade of their picks, let me know""??.....

guess what, they do it all the time......where have you been???

If you play as another team and check the FirstPick sim's results for the Browns, then you are going to see a lot of wild shit (just saw us trade up to #6 to pick a WR with MM and Shelton both still on the board).

But there is one constant, the sim has us only making 6 to 7 picks max. I think it knows Farmer's style. Only thing missing is the ability to trade Day 3 picks for next year picks a round earlier.

Archived