THE BROWNS BOARD

Tweets and Speculation about Uniforms

WalterWhite

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

basically, due to all the concussion issues, the NFL has decided not to endorse ANY helmets....leaving themselves out of the 'law suit' equation and making it between the player and the helmet manufacturer of his choice.....

I saw a study that says the helmet has little to do with concussions. In the NFL collisions cause the brain, which is surrounded by fluid, to hit the skull

thereby causing a concussion.

The purpose of the helmet is to prevent skull fractures. Period.

Concussions are a result of physics, which no helmet design can overcome.

I swear this AM I first read this thread title as "Tweets and Speculation about Unicorns".

I can't imagine that some helmet design wouldn't at least make a difference?

Woody?

The difference is minor bordering on negligible, Steve. One new design claimed 11% reduction in "head trauma", but it has not been independently verified and may not have been referring to concussions.

Yeah they should be able to design a helmet that will help reduce concussions. Think about seat belts. They work because they stretch under times of high energy, thus reducing/damping the force your body is subject to. There's no reason a properly designed helmet could not at least help reduce concussions by absorbing some of the energy from a collision.

Yeah they should be able to design a helmet that will help reduce concussions. Think about seat belts. They work because they stretch under times of high energy, thus reducing/damping the force your body is subject to. There's no reason a properly designed helmet could not at least help reduce concussions by absorbing some of the energy from a collision.

Someone proposed the idea of adding a few strips of foam to the top of the helmet to help absorb shock. They would be the team colors and blend in.

I never understood that. It's not as if people are actually getting their refunds on the 15th. It's just a deadline to file. Maybe I'm wrong, but my dad's a CPA and I've never gotten mine on the 15th.

Seat belts work by anchoring your body to the vehicle's frame so you decelerate at essentially the same rate as the vehicle. Without them and end up launched into the windshield... or your padded dashboard.

The energy dissipated by the slight reduction in deceleration due to the small amount they stretch, is not significant. The principle is to spread the force out over as much area as possible, i.e., across the hips and chest.

Someone proposed the idea of adding a few strips of foam to the top of the helmet to help absorb shock. They would be the team colors and blend in.

Helmets with full, foam caps on them have been around for years. Mark Kelso wore one over 20 years ago as did a SF O-lineman. The benefit is negligible.

Seat belts stretch ever so slightly in a collision while also keeping you from smashing into the dash or steering wheel. If you decelerated at the same rate as your car your internal organs would get smashed. Without the seatbelt stretching It would essentially be the same as smashing into dash. What seriously injures or kills you is the sudden deceleration and resulting damage to internal organs.

Seat belts stretch ever so slightly in a collision while also keeping you from smashing into the dash or steering wheel. If you decelerated at the same rate as your car your internal organs would get smashed. Without the seatbelt stretching It would essentially be the same as smashing into dash. What seriously injures or kills you is the sudden deceleration and resulting damage to internal organs.

Ummmm.... no.

Putting to rest 5 historic myths about the Browns’ uniforms - Andrew Gribble, Senior Staff Writer

1. The Browns have always worn orange helmets.
  2. The Browns have never tried to introduce any major changes to their uniforms.
  3. Paul Brown invented the facemask.
  4. The Browns never wore orange jerseys until their occasional appearances in the 2000s.
  5. The Browns once wore a “CB” logo on their helmets.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Putting-to-rest-5-historic-myths-about-the-Browns’-uniforms/74d243ba-9209-4627-8a17-c08a2436f4e4

CBtSJ6wXIAEp56-.jpg

This is the photo thats been getting everyone riled up.

-It has the Nike tags for the size, in both places.. and Nike swooshes on the shoulders.

-If you look at the seams you can see its the new jersey material and it has the right "cuts"

-It has the NFL emblem

-Alot of detail, including "Dawg Pound" in the collar... which is what the Browns have been pushing

-It is the new orange color

-It has the new font

-It EVEN has the new dawg pound t-shirts in the background

If these are them. I LIKE IT!

I have always wanted ORANGE Jerseys, The stripes would look MUCH better with the pads on. Supposedly these were "leaked" by a manager at Dicks who got an early shipment in.

They very well could be fakes... but that is ALOT of detail to put into a fake. Especially that there are 2 of them.

Archived