THE BROWNS BOARD

TE Clay Signs Offer Sheet With Bills

Opal312

Both Jacob Tamme and Tony Moeaki FA TEs just signed with the Falcons.

All the prime FA TEs are off the board now...with the possible exception of Zach Miller.

Beyond that, I guess we could sign retread like Kellen Davis or his ilk...who we already cut once.

No, the draft is the way. Hell, the Browns might go the route that the Pats did a few years back when they picked both Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernanez in the same draft. (but let's leave the homicidal tendencies out)

On a TE? You're certifiable.

First and second round: DL/OL.

Third round: QB [Petty/Grayson]

Fourth: LB/S

FIfth, perhaps.. and there's MANY serviceable TE's in this draft. Heuerman was never used properly at OSU, Saxton is a mismatch, etc.

They aren't going to spend the first three picks on DL/OL.

One? Definitely. Two? Probably? Three? Nope.

They aren't going to spend the first three picks on DL/OL.

Might have been thinking Front 7/OL... that is very possible.

Front 7???...yes......

Because our OLB is really gonna be a DE....so I can see us drafting 1) DT/NT.....2) DE(as OLB).....3) OL....

Front 7???...yes......

Because our OLB is really gonna be a DE....so I can see us drafting 1) DT/NT.....2) DE(as OLB).....3) OL....

If Beasley's still there at 12 I would have to think that's where they're looking "IF" they're looking at the defensive front 7. Hard to imagine they'd get another DL, even if it is Shelton, without having already moved some of our surplus at DL. Beasley's that rare freak that's probably a double hybrid.....he's actually Pgh's wet dream as well as Blt's, which is why I absolutely want him so there's zero chance he lands in the North somewhere. It's a tough call cause I love Shelton, but looking at our DL rotation it's hard to justify that pick given that by #19 the really good DE/OLB hybrids will be gone.

If Beasley's still there at 12 I would have to think that's where they're looking "IF" they're looking at the defensive front 7. Hard to imagine they'd get another DL, even if it is Shelton, without having already moved some of our surplus at DL. Beasley's that rare freak that's probably a double hybrid.....he's actually Pgh's wet dream as well as Blt's, which is why I absolutely want him so there's zero chance he lands in the North somewhere. It's a tough call cause I love Shelton, but looking at our DL rotation it's hard to justify that pick given that by #19 the really good DE/OLB hybrids will be gone.

I have to say, that based upon who might be there when we pick, Beasley and Shelton are my 2 "hopes"....

I admit Ive been waffling on which I prefer.....though am leaning toward Beasley more and more.....(hard)...because...

1) We now have a larger hole at LB than on the DL, simply because Sheard is gone....

2) There is no second option to Beasley later in the draft, while there are other good DL options at 19 and into the 2nd..

I'm in the other camp, Mud.

I compare a Taylor/Kitchen platoon with a Shelton/Taylor one and the talent gap I see is huge.

On the other hand the new, improved, bulked-up Beasley could be great, but we have not seen this Beasley play... only drill. And as promising as many drills have been, the one that still sticks in my mind is him fighting off a flat pass in a coverage drill damn near stumbling to the ground as he did.

It could be as simple as he has the world's worst hands, but could also be that he had to focus so hard on proper footwork technique that nothing was left to catch the ball. And if the latter is true then I worry about how natural his athleticism is in his pass rush as well.

Or it may simply be that I am overly hung up on my quest for 3-down LBs, but that's where I am, and there should be 3-down LBs available at #19... some with pretty strong pass rush skills to boot.

But the other thing I think is that this discussion is moot as I so not think either player makes it to 12... but if either does then I think Shelton is more likely to do so.

well, THATS why I keep waffling.....;)

I agree that Shelton would have a greater immediate impact on the team.....my point was more that if we took Beasley first, we could still pick a highly rated DL at 19 and have a better shot at getting 2 top rated guys, then if we went the other way around....because Im thinking there are limited pickings for OLB compared to DT.....

So, for example, would a Shelton and Shaq Thompson be better than Beasley and Malcolm Brown?....Im not sure....waffling...some

Bottom line.....Id take either and hope they go DEFENSE.....early.....and often....

How about Shelton and Mingo vs. Brown and Beasley? With the latter the QB has a pocket to step up into.

I just think Shelton helps any edge rusher...

How about Shelton and Mingo vs. Brown and Beasley? With the latter the QB has a pocket to step up into.

I just think Shelton helps any edge rusher...

In can accept either....and if Mingo shows up this year, then im good.....really really hoping for a break out season from him///..

went back and watch his(and Gilberts) draft tape again and, Im telling ya .... they'd both be high first round picks this year too

Archived