THE BROWNS BOARD

TE Clay Signs Offer Sheet With Bills

Opal312

With that type of money I'd much rather take a later round guy this year. I liked clay but that price is way high, wow. I didn't mind losing Cameron either but I do think a priority for the browns has to be a TE that can stretch the middle of the field.

Absolutely! He's not even an upgrade from Jordan Cameron. Bills must have money to burn and yet their quarterback situation is worse than ours.

I'm a college student that details cars privately. I'll detail your rig for free when I'm in Cleveland this season if theyre not in the top 6 in the conference at the time I'm there.

I'd make an actual bet but can't risk money like that.

Any decent TE left in FA ?

As someone said, moving on: still decent that the Browns could pursue:

Tony Moeaki or Zach Miller, both currently with Seahawks

Jacob Tamme currently with Denver.

I would say Jermaine Gresham...but it seems he has back issues. Those might be a troubling as Cameron's concussion issues.

But, yea, the draft may be the place we get a TE.

Basically, Clay got Jimmy Graham and Julius Thomas type money. He's a good blocker but he's not as good as Jordan Cameron who basically leaked he had signed with the Browns to get the Dolphins to offer more. I hope the Bills and Dolphins stink this year.

Clay lost to Bills. Now Jacob Tamme signed by Falcons, that leaves Gresham, Tony Moeaki, and Zach Miller as only average or above TEs on the market.....and there is no rumor about any of them coming to Browns.

That means, to me, that a 1-2-3rd rounder could be used at the TE position.

IMO i'd pick a TE higher than a WR only because they are more responsible in an offensive scheme that features the run/pAP.

no, i wouldn't go first round UNLESS there was a gronk or graham out there.

williams and funchess fit the bill but they are not 12 or 19 caliber players.

On a TE? You're certifiable.

First and second round: DL/OL.

Third round: QB [Petty/Grayson]

Fourth: LB/S

FIfth, perhaps.. and there's MANY serviceable TE's in this draft. Heuerman was never used properly at OSU, Saxton is a mismatch, etc.

I said that they would take a TE in the first three rounds......probably the third. But no, I don't think there is one for them in round one.

I mean.....is there a K2 out there worthy of the 12th/19th (let alone 6th) pick? ;)

https://youtu.be/U-_n2GMgqMM

Gronk wasn't Gronk when he was drafted. Coming off a back injury, we wasn't selected until the second round. You need to look at what a guy can become and if you can get him there with an NFL lifestyle. Guys can get really strong and improve a lot from college with the right coaching and training. I say take Maxx Williams with the 19th pick, or with a slight trade down after accumulating more picks for next draft~.

https://youtu.be/U-_n2GMgqMM

Gronk wasn't Gronk when he was drafted. Coming off a back injury, we wasn't selected until the second round. You need to look at what a guy can become and if you can get him there with an NFL lifestyle. Guys can get really strong and improve a lot from college with the right coaching and training. I say take Maxx Williams with the 19th pick, or with a slight trade down after accumulating more picks for next draft~.

See my just posted thread about next year's draft. I don't know that they need that many more picks.....unless they are all packaged to move up to get a Superstar QB.

But then, I believe some of those compensatory picks can't be traded.

Archived