THE BROWNS BOARD

Dwayne Bowe is a Brown

darren15

by the 12th pick our positions of need player rankings will be at third best. WR - parker. NT - brown. OL - peat.

would say that we might get lucky and get the 2nd best LB but in pettine's scheme i don't know if they look for a OLB or DE. DEs will prob be on the 4th rung by 12.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, this forebodes the fact that the Browns will likely NOT be going for a WR high in the draft....if at all.

I was speculating about this earlier, thinking that signing both him AND hartline would pretty much nix a WR in the first......

Maybe there is still a scenario that they would pick one high....but I think it's much less likely now......

Good, solid signing that makes the offense better.......... How good will ultimately be decided by the guy under center.

I was speculating about this earlier, thinking that signing both him AND hartline would pretty much nix a WR in the first......

Maybe there is still a scenario that they would pick one high....but I think it's much less likely now......

I wouldn't say that, Bowe is a plug and play guy but only for a few years. It would't surprise me to see them snag Parker, or Green-Beckam(yes I know huge risk) at 19. We still need a guy for the future to develop. Bowe won't be around that long. But yes your right, it is more likely that we will not make the pick.

I wouldn't say that, Bowe is a plug and play guy but only for a few years. It would't surprise me to see them snag Parker, or Green-Beckam(yes I know huge risk) at 19. We still need a guy for the future to develop. Bowe won't be around that long. But yes your right, it is more likely that we will not make the pick.

But, it is Ray Farmer and not you picking. I believe Farmer wants nothing to do with a WR that is a "guy for the future to develop". The concept appears anathema to him. He wants guys already developed. (though he will take a shot with a UDFA....like Taylor Gabriel....but there is no investment there except the little money it costs to get a guy like that in camp)

I kind of like the sound of that Gipper. Bring in guys that have proven to catch the fucking ball. That is the most important. Yeah, it's nice to fly through the air and snag the ball with one hand and backflip over the first defender for a first down, and maybe someday we'll get that guy. But for right now, at least until Gordon comes back, we'll probably build defense and that's okay. Just win baby.

With Mack returning, Manziel maturing and some solid WRs- I don't think we've seen this offense yet.

Manziel with a solid O-Line and time to learn the new playbook.... hmm, I promise you ALL Manziel is doing in rehab is learning the playbook.

I wouldn't say that ..... But yes your right, it is more likely that we will not make the pick.

not right, but more than likely right??...ok, Ill take it....

the contradiction here is when you say take White/Green at #19 cause we need developmental talent....

Where I see developmental talent coming much later than #19 .....

I kind of like the sound of that Gipper. Bring in guys that have proven to catch the fucking ball. That is the most important. Yeah, it's nice to fly through the air and snag the ball with one hand and backflip over the first defender for a first down, and maybe someday we'll get that guy. But for right now, at least until Gordon comes back, we'll probably build defense and that's okay. Just win baby.

With Mack returning, Manziel maturing and some solid WRs- I don't think we've seen this offense yet.

Manziel with a solid O-Line and time to learn the new playbook.... hmm, I promise you ALL Manziel is doing in rehab is learning the playbook.

Short Stuff can learn the playbook all he wants. Memorization isn't his issue.

...... Manziel maturing and some solid WRs- I don't think we've seen this offense yet.

Damn it, I hope they have something more up their sleeve at the QB position than what you are excited about.

NO ONE but you perhaps is counting on JFF much this coming season. I certainly am not.

Its not that he is Persona non Grata, he is just Non Hac Mentis

Our bridge back to Gordon...

He burnt that bridge as far as I'm concerned Tour.

I don't know if Gordon just doesn't want to play here, or he just suffers from "Cranial Rectosis".

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if he never returned.

Dwayne Fucking Bowe...

If it's more than a million a year then I hope Miles Austin retires 'cause they are the exact same player at his point.

I was ok with Bowe vs. Austin at 1 year $1 million but no more than that.

Bowe clearly isn't the WR he was in 2010

But at age 30, he is still young enough to maybe recapture those statistics he had a couple years back. But with McClown and Rehab throwing him the ball, I doubt it.

In this run-oriented offense the Browns are going to run, I can foresee Bowe averaging 700-900 yds this season, depending on which trash can throws the ball his way. Would be a great 1-2 punch if fuckstick didn't get suspended again for lack of sobriety..

Lets hope he works out.

Lets not forget that Bowe was part of that elite KC offense that had 0 yes...zero..passing TD 's last season. A complete waste of money, whatever they offered.

I promise you ALL Manziel is doing in rehab is learning the playbook.

Can I get a ruling from our rehab folks here? Is this as idiotic as it sounds to me? Would rehab really allow a patient to bring the source of anxiety that pushes him to abuse into rehab?

He burnt that bridge as far as I'm concerned Tour.

Disagree, but doesn't matter since I was being ironic about Bowe being a bridge.

Bowe clearly isn't the WR he was in 2010

Why should he be? It was is one great year.

But his mediocre hands, imprecise route running and time-diminished speed are ours for two years. Whoopee!

Dwayne Fucking Bowe...

Ironically.....Josh Gordon posted a tweet yesterday welcoming Bowe and implying he would be "keeping the WR seat warm for a year"...

Then he deleted it.....

So, Josh thinks he's a bridge too....(except he's being serious)....HA!

Well, over the last 3 years which were way off of his great year, he averaged 743 yards and 2.6 Touchdowns. That puts him on par with the best receiver on the team last year. Not saying a whole lot but it is an addition.

On a sad note, I didn't realize that Benji was the leading TD receiver on the team and probably would have had at least 2 more to the total if Hoyer could throw a deep ball...

Benji ..... probably would have had at least 2 more .....if Hoyer could throw a deep ball...

Yep....and Hawkins, Gabe and Cameron would've too.....

I remember all 3 of them coming back for lame duck passes that should have gone all the way....(though some of them were still great/game changing plays).....

Yep....and Hawkins, Gabe and Cameron would've too.....

I remember all 3 of them coming back for lame duck passes that should have gone all the way....(though some of them were still great/game changing plays).....

I still think Bowe is very underrated. All those yeares she spent with KC, Alex Smith didnt look to through him the ball much (considering his running game), but we will see what he does when we start the season.

... lame duck passes that should have gone all the way....

lol... I believe the term you were looking for was "wounded duck". In the future try to keep political cliches out of your football discussions.

Talked with a huge Dolphins fan I know, he said the best signing for Cleveland so far is Hartline. Said that the dude is a beast and he was pissed the Dolphins let him go and is one of the most underrated receivers in the league

Hartline has always been of those guys when you throw it where it should be, he catches it. Now it's just a matter of hopefully finding/having the QB who throws it where it should be...

lol... I believe the term you were looking for was "wounded duck". In the future try to keep political cliches out of your football discussions.

ha....yer right......though some of those wounded duck passes could be termed as lame...;)

HMMM both ducks seem to be appropriate eh?

exactly....2 ducks in a pod

Talked with a huge Dolphins fan I know, he said the best signing for Cleveland so far is Hartline. Said that the dude is a beast and he was pissed the Dolphins let him go and is one of the most underrated receivers in the league

I called for them to sign him when he was a free agent last time.

Archived