THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Browns Board Draft

thenew23

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, he only ran a 4.53 40 as opposed to a 4.48. The fact that he is a far better instinctive runner through the holes should have no bearing. LOL! Your loss!! :P :P

"As with many positions, there appears to be a cutoff point that players must cross to have the necessary explosiveness to perform at a high level in the NFL. For running backs, that point seems to be in the range of 4.50. During the period I analyzed, only one running back, Frank Gore, ran below 4.50 and still posted an approximate value per season of at least seven. The second-best running back to run over 4.50 was Ahmad Bradshaw, a steep fall.

Meanwhile, the success rate of running backs in the 4.40-4.49 range has been far higher than those below 4.49. In that range, we’ve seen explosive backs like Adrian Peterson (4.40), Ray Rice (4.42), Matt Forte (4.44), and Marshawn Lynch (4.46) continually rank among the league-leaders in rushing during their time in the league."

Its not a list I personally made Its a list from when the draft started I think top 300 from a CBS list or maybe a Yahoo. I just copied to a word doc. and have been deleting as they are being picked. So far everyone picked has been on the list with Quayshawne Buckley NT Idaho being the lowest at 297. I looked over probably a dozen lists and this was the one I agreed with most. Just trying to put a list out for people who don't have time or desire to do research for their picks.

I guess I should word the title differently I Did not make list just keeping track on this list

No, that's fine. I was posting this...but fell off. I was using the CBS Sports chart.

Let's keep track of both for their careers and see which one pans out (if either). I tend to like productive SEC backs over converted safeties from elsewhere, but that is my bias.

Artis-Payne is slower and thinner then Frank Gore, Karlos is just as fast and big as Lynch, it's the 5th round i'm taking a chance on the Lynch prototype

First guy taken not on the top 300 list im going off of lol (Sleeper)

yeah he was next on the list rankings-wise as far as a true NT. got a feeling a lot of other names will be called before all is said and done that's not on that list.

Artis-Payne is slower and thinner then Frank Gore, Karlos is just as fast and big as Lynch, it's the 5th round i'm taking a chance on the Lynch prototype

Should be interesting to see where they actually go and when.

he's 5 hours ahead of EST so.......

So it's past noon and he has not taken, so the Giants take Durrell Eskridge FS Syracuse (FS is high on their list of needs).

1000 est-pm to utzie-now on the clock

With the Browns pick coming up, any suggestions?

(though I probably wont take them...lol)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000480465/article/dezmin-lewis-zach-zenner-could-be-cinderellas-of-nfl-draft

Dezmin Lewis Central Ark. WR 6'4"-small school player did well in the Senior Bowl and stock has gone up since then.CBS has him #117 overall and a 3-4 rd pick. Give JM some help.

Already took a WR, Ag...

With the Browns pick coming up, any suggestions?

(though I probably wont take them...lol)

Close to right time for my pet ILB, Ben Heeney, KU, who has now risen to a Rnd 4 rating on DraftScout (told you he was a sleeper). Ramik Wilson and Bryce Hagar are also on the board if you like slower, but stronger candidates.

OGs have been pretty well picked over, but still a couple project types worth considering next round.

Centers... Gallik is still there. Not an ideal ZBS candidate, but plays and moves better than he measures.

Here's the point in the draft where you have to look into the future, and find guys to develop into replacement for guys whose contracts will be up soon. The Browns have many contracts that will be up at the end of next year, and now is the time to try and fill some of those gaps. The position groups in need are QB (I probably won't waste a pick since I missed out on the top 5), RB, G/C, OLB/Pass-rusher, S

Right now, I'm down to 6 players:

Jarvis Harrison, OG, Texas A&M (poor character according to many reports)

Kyle Emanuel, OLB, North Dakota St (great production, but small size and inferior competetion)

Adrian Amos, FS, Penn St (good player and a steal here, but I think we'll re-sign Gipson long-term and be able to get a backup elsewhere)

Thomas Rawls, RB, Central Michigan (there are still quite a few good RBs on the board, and I think some good ones would become UDFAs anyhow)

Davis Tull, OLB, Tennessee-Chattanooga (very versatile, 4.0 student, but not elite size for a 3-4 OLB)

Shaq Mason, C, Georgia Tech (good power blocker, but not great ZB, Center is a projection for him, but he can swing G/C while developing)

I think Tull or Amos are BPA here, but I already lost out on a few good interior o-linemen so I'd like to add somebody there. I know that the o-line room is going to be bulky by drafting two guys, but IMHO you can't have enough O-line talent.

So... with their 5th round pick the Cleveland Browns select... Shaq Mason, C/G, Georgia Tech

Zombo is up...

I pick for Zombo on the Saints. Back in a second because my first pick got stolen.

I agree with Tour's sleeper. Saints pick Ben Heeney ILB Kansas. I needed another position slightly worse, but can't justify the reach.

Here's the point in the draft where you have to look into the future, and find guys to develop into replacement for guys whose contracts will be up soon. The Browns have many contracts that will be up at the end of next year, and now is the time to try and fill some of those gaps. The position groups in need are QB (I probably won't waste a pick since I missed out on the top 5), RB, G/C, OLB/Pass-rusher, S

Right now, I'm down to 6 players:

Jarvis Harrison, OG, Texas A&M (poor character according to many reports)

Kyle Emanuel, OLB, North Dakota St (great production, but small size and inferior competetion)

Adrian Amos, FS, Penn St (good player and a steal here, but I think we'll re-sign Gipson long-term and be able to get a backup elsewhere)

Thomas Rawls, RB, Central Michigan (there are still quite a few good RBs on the board, and I think some good ones would become UDFAs anyhow)

Davis Tull, OLB, Tennessee-Chattanooga (very versatile, 4.0 student, but not elite size for a 3-4 OLB)

Shaq Mason, C, Georgia Tech (good power blocker, but not great ZB, Center is a projection for him, but he can swing G/C while developing)

I think Tull or Amos are BPA here, but I already lost out on a few good interior o-linemen so I'd like to add somebody there. I know that the o-line room is going to be bulky by drafting two guys, but IMHO you can't have enough O-line talent.

So... with their 5th round pick the Cleveland Browns select... Shaq Mason, C/G, Georgia Tech

Zombo is up...

I would have taken Tull if he agreed to change his name to Jethro.

And if the Browns draft him....I insist he be give that nickname...or Aqualung.....or Crosseyed Mary....or Locomotive Breath.

I think Locomotive Breath should be it.....its a good name for a linebacker.

Archived