THE BROWNS BOARD

O-line Draft Class of 2015

Tour2ma

I haven't had much luck finding highlights of Peat

DraftBreakdown is a great place to start... most are links to youtube vids. Peat's 2014 ND vid is there.

Spoiler Alert: He kicked ass. http://draftbreakdown.com/players/

This is not an in-depth analysis of these guys by any means. But here are the quick, off the cuff comments I got.

Interesting perspectives... thanks.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, right?.......and he fell a little, so I bought him assuming he'd move up and....?......got a 400,000 decline......wtf????

OTs as a group have been in decline in Mocks. About the only one bucking the trend has been Humphrey. But more than the fall being the result of weakness in the group it seems to be attributable to displacement by groups on the rise, e.g., CBs for a while and now edge rushers who are looking more and more like they will be THE dominant group in this draft.

lol... I hear you... playing in the top 20 can be very lucrative, but also very painful.

You've had a good run. I felt guilty for a good while that I got such a head start on you... not any more... ;)

I think I've pretty much settled in for the duration now with just under five weeks to go. Fewer and fewer swaps until right before the draft when I'll try to catch some semi-sleepers rocketing up the board.

You've had a good run. I felt guilty for a good while that I got such a head start on you... not any more... ;)

I think I've pretty much settled in for the duration now with just under five weeks to go. Fewer and fewer swaps until right before the draft when I'll try to catch some semi-sleepers rocketing up the board.

....it's been a very long slow climb....only to get donked on the head at the summit.....HA!

Just kind of a messed up period I think....everthing is kind of decided, so very little movement......and a massive log jam in the low 30's that will break and fill out the 20 somethings.....eventually.......it's just knowing when thats gonna happen......

Really.....Im fearing(or at least expecting) a massive rendering at draft time that wipes out all our work to this point.....is that how it rolls???

DraftBreakdown is a great place to start... most are links to youtube vids. Peat's 2014 ND vid is there.

Spoiler Alert: He kicked ass. http://draftbreakdown.com/players/

Interesting perspectives... thanks.

The only question I have left after that - is Notre Dame stop calling themselves The Fighting Irish after they got run over by Peat? Thanks for the video link Tour! Impressive. You've made me a believer and I'm at the point where I'd rather see film when there's so many varying scouting reports on a lot of prospects.Some of the guys they rank up near the top - have so many weaknesses you wonder why they're ranking them that high in these draft guides I buy.

I buy them more to get familiar with all the names and rankings. Then I go try to find the film.

I really appreciate what you and Mud contribute regarding the draft. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna get you back for busting my balls in my Perriman thread Tour.

The only question I have left after that - is Notre Dame stop calling themselves The Fighting Irish after they got run over by Peat? Thanks for the video link Tour! Impressive. You've made me a believer and I'm at the point where I'd rather see film when there's so many varying scouting reports on a lot of prospects.Some of the guys they rank up near the top - have so many weaknesses you wonder why they're ranking them that high in these draft guides I buy.

I buy them more to get familiar with all the names and rankings. Then I go try to find the film.

I really appreciate what you and Mud contribute regarding the draft. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna get you back for busting my balls in my Perriman thread Tour.

LOL... you're welcome... and you'll see that I was heavily editing my last Perriman reply as you copied it.

And, no... I had not looked back at your original post before I made the siesta crack... You can be succinct... Who knew? ;)

The Browns should draft all offensive linemen. Joe Thomas really lit the fucking place up. If we had four more of him, we might have gone to the SB this year.

I say, spend all our high end resources on more lardass OL. Those guys really make a big difference.

About time you came around...

Tour was Schwartz bad enough last year to justify taking Peat at 12 or 19?

IMO... no. While Mitch is still our weakest O-line link, he played more than well enough to keep RT well down our list of needs. My O-line priority this year would be inside depth. And while I know it's bad to love a player, I love Marpet.

Were Thomas a little closer to the end of his career, I would be very tempted by Peat's promise as our next LT. But Joe still has years to go. Also I don't see Mitch (or Andrus) thriving inside.

IMO... no. While Mitch is still our weakest O-line link, he played more than well enough to keep RT well down our list of needs. My O-line priority this year would be inside depth. And while I know it's bad to love a player, I love Marpet.

Were Thomas a little closer to the end of his career, I would be very tempted by Peat's promise as our next LT. But Joe still has years to go. Also I don't see Mitch (or Andrus) thriving inside.

Cool thanks, big fan of your stuff on this.

Looking forward to your review of Havenstein who has been talked up by some of the right people.

Not sure if you are interested Tour but Ross Tucker and Greg Cossell have released a podcast today where they are discussing these O line prospects.

Thanks... will give it a listen as clearly they are very astute talent evaluators...

http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=583&pid=496940

@LanceZierlein: After speaking with multiple teams, I have no doubt that Ced Ogbuiehi's ACL tear will NOT keep him out of the first round. He is going in the 1st.

@LanceZierlein: Regarding Ogbuehi, I have him being drafted ahead of Clemmings now. Will be on Path to the Draft on NFL Network today to talk shop.

Interesting

The Browns should draft all offensive linemen. Joe Thomas really lit the fucking place up. If we had four more of him, we might have gone to the SB this year.

I say, spend all our high end resources on more lardass OL. Those guys really make a big difference.

I would rather that than spending first round picks on QBs and RBs that bust out completely. We would have been better off with an OLineman than the likes of Weeden/Richardson/Manziel.

@LanceZierlein: After speaking with multiple teams, I have no doubt that Ced Ogbuiehi's ACL tear will NOT keep him out of the first round. He is going in the 1st.

Has he been able to work out for any teams?

Did a little goggling and it does not appear that Cederic has been able to work out for any teams.

Also came across an article listing players each team has hosted and his name is missing.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/16/8225465/nfl-draft-2015-visit-tracker-marcus-mariota-jameis-winston

Given the above, the injury and a very mixed senior season, spending a first on him would be a real leap of faith.

Even though Schwartz is a FA in 2016?? With Bowie, Seymour and A. McDonald behind Mitch?? Really liking Erving at 19 ( if there) with news on Mack at C and Cam has played C,G and T.. This old OL man will cheer it at

pick 19 with 50 others

Even though Schwartz is a FA in 2016?? With Bowie, Seymour and A. McDonald behind Mitch?? Really liking Erving at 19 ( if there) with news on Mack at C and Cam has played C,G and T.. This old OL man will cheer it at pick 19 with 50 others

The original question was about taking Peat at 12 or 19. I've no idea what to expect of Bowie, but still I am less worried about RT depth than I am interior depth because I have seen our interior depth... except Painter.

Schwartz is not my FA concern. Mack is. Best thing we can do for Mack is show him that if the man to either side of him goes down then the "next man up" is not a stiff.

I like what I've seen of Erving, but feel he is an unnecessary reach at 19. I think there are better value picks later that give us the help we need.

La'el Collins Take 2...

Just went looking for what I was "missing", did not find it. Simply not a ZBS candidate.

(04/17/15) vs. Florida & Arkansas: easily knocked off bal by lateral push when on run; cannot block faster D on the run, whiffs often; can handle smaller D-lineman across from him... some of the time... Pass Pro remains a liability with min kick-drop and too much bend.

Few more loose ends...

Want to do Laken Tomlinson, but vids are F'd up at present... maybe later...

RTs:

Rob Hevenstein: Wis (04-17-15) vs. LSU - likely RT for life, but surprisingly agile for size, borderline smooth; too high in run block, but gets away with it vs. smaller op; mini-kick in drop, signs of technique; plays thru whistle.

OGs:

Tre' Jackson: FSU (04-17/15) vs. ND/ Ok St. - not athletic enough for ZBS as is, maybe shed a few lbs?

Cs:

Reese Dismukes: Auburn (04/17/15) vs. Miss St/ LSU - moves to 2nd level nicely, gets angle and levers well against bigger D... surprisingly tough to budge

B.J. Finney: KSU (04-17-15) vs. OK - looks lost while on the move, seldom finds target; beefy, does better locked up 1 on 1 vs D-line, but gets beaten if has to move. - distraction Glenn Gronkowski, TE... yes, his "lil" brother...

Andy Gallik: BC (04-17-15) vs. USC - good brawler with surprisingly good movement; raw, but promising - distracted by QB, Darius Wade

Archived