THE BROWNS BOARD

Per Nfl.com: Browns Viewed Rg3 As "too Small"

Kerrigan91

One shouldn't throw stones if they live in a glass house with the "Dan Snyder overspends" stuff...

Jeff Garcia, Andre Rison, Donte Stallworth, Jake Delhomme, Willie McGinest, trading a second and fourth round pick to Dallas to draft Brady Quinn, sending a second round pick to the Packers for Corey Williams and signing him to a 6-year, $38.6 million dollar deal, then trading him to Detroit after giving Detroit a fifth in addition to a 7th...

Andre Rison? What, no Raymond Clayborn?

Zombo

--Can you go back 6 GMs, two owners and three decades when talking trash?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao to the Browns fan that said Weeden will be better than RG3. You guys are truly delusional. :huh: I can't argue with the Richardson pick, but HH false sense of insecurity lost him picks. And don't start bashing the skins FO/RG3. My left ass cheek he's too small. He's 3/8 of an inch shorter than Weeden and is slightly heavier. Add the fact that he will have a learning curve with being accompanied by the worst receivers in the NFL.

Throwing "accurately" against scrub Big 12 DB's that will be watching NFL on Sundays is different than throwing accurately in the league.

Funny Weeden played in the Big 12 too :rolleyes:

Yo, douchebag. You realize we drafted Brandon Weeden, not Michael Vick, right?

Griffin is a fine prospect, but we got ourseselves a bigger, stronger QB AND the best running back prospect in years, so you might want to slow your roll.

Zombo

Yo douchebag. I doubt thatRobert-Griffin-III.jpg

And Trent isn't nearly as good as AP was coming out.

Weeden will fare better in the NFL than RG3.

:huh: We'll get a glimpse in week 14. When he doesn't have Blackmon to bail him out 10 times a game while breaking 5 tackles a reception to inflate his stats.

As for not getting Morgan and Garcon: Washington paid Garcon $42.5 million, Morgan $6M per season. Those numbers are insane. And by insane, I mean typical for Snyder: Massive cost, very minimal return. Just like the contracts for DeAngelo Hall and Albert Haynesworth. Of course Cleveland was interested.. at a much lower cost. The point isn't to simply get a player, the point is to get a player at the correct price point. For example, during next year's offseason, due to Cleveland's good use of the cap and Washington's inability to maneuver, the Browns could easily sign Orakpo as a free agent.

HAHAHAHAHAAH NO. Garcon is only guaranteed 21.5 mil, which is on par with Stevie Johnson. Morgan's contract is a 5 year 12 mill contract but can be terminated after 2 years. He's guaranteed 7.5 mill the first 2 years and will get a signing bonus of 5 mill if he is still on the team after the 2 years. So no, we didn't overpay / We also has 40+ mil in cap before Goodell fucked us. And I doubt Orakpo or any other free agent would want to even consider going to Cleveland.

Sorry for the long post but didn't like what i was seeing. Just my 2 cents.

What's up with you homos posting pictures of your QBs physique and muscles and shit? Washington is a metrosexual "Men's Health" kinda town isn't it?

And Peterson was five years ago. I said "in years". Got anybody more recent?

Zombo

Lmao to the Browns fan that said Weeden will be better than RG3. You guys are truly delusional. :huh: I can't argue with the Richardson pick, but HH false sense of insecurity lost him picks. And don't start bashing the skins FO/RG3. My left ass cheek he's too small. He's 3/8 of an inch shorter than Weeden and is slightly heavier. Add the fact that he will have a learning curve with being accompanied by the worst receivers in the NFL.

Funny Weeden played in the Big 12 too :rolleyes:

:huh: We'll get a glimpse in week 14. When he doesn't have Blackmon to bail him out 10 times a game while breaking 5 tackles a reception to inflate his stats.

HAHAHAHAHAAH NO. Garcon is only guaranteed 21.5 mil, which is on par with Stevie Johnson. Morgan's contract is a 5 year 12 mill contract but can be terminated after 2 years. He's guaranteed 7.5 mill the first 2 years and will get a signing bonus of 5 mill if he is still on the team after the 2 years. So no, we didn't overpay / We also has 40+ mil in cap before Goodell fucked us. And I doubt Orakpo or any other free agent would want to even consider going to Cleveland.

Sorry for the long post but didn't like what i was seeing. Just my 2 cents.

You're trying way too hard to plead your case. Tone it down a little. :lol:

One shouldn't throw stones if they live in a glass house with the "Dan Snyder overspends" stuff...

Jeff Garcia, Andre Rison, Donte Stallworth, Jake Delhomme, Willie McGinest, trading a second and fourth round pick to Dallas to draft Brady Quinn, sending a second round pick to the Packers for Corey Williams and signing him to a 6-year, $38.6 million dollar deal, then trading him to Detroit after giving Detroit a fifth in addition to a 7th...

I'm sorry, but as far as terrible personnel moves go the signing of Albert Haynesworth trumps any of the Browns' signings/trades you've mentioned by far. Lerner would have to publicly execute a litter of kittens to match the level of stupidity displayed by Synder with the Haynesworth signing. And guess what - because of your team mortgaged vital picks over the next few years to move up 4 draft selections for RG3 you'll be playing the same free agent game that you are used to trying to acquire him talent to make a legitimate contender. Good luck with that.

Thanks for pointing out that people who live in Northeast Ohio have a sense of humor. I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.

one of my best friends is a 'dual' conference fag, i mean fan. he likes the steelers and the skins. blech.

but seriously. people are arguing over who's going to be the best when not one of anyone's picks of this year have taken a snap in a real NFL game? c'mon man. who cares what fatman holmgren says. we already know he's a fuckin liar.

the nfl has to start doing something in the offseason to keep this shit under control. it's june and i'm already feverishly biting off my fingernails and howling at the moon.

i need a drink!

I live in Columbia, MD dipshit. Ironic someone from Cleveland would talk shit about DC or Baltimore though.

Because ..... ???

Not from either. Been to both plenty. Cleveland is a much nicer city. Baltimore is a shithole. Washington speaks for itself.

Zombo

Pre '99 is ancient history- not even the same owner.

Butch Davis had to be demoted to UNC- and got fired for taking that program into NCAA sanctions.

Phil Savage is currently doing radio broadcasts for Alabama football. He was pretty good getting coffee for Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore though.

I suppose you're going to blame all of Snyder's dumb ass stuff on Vinnie Cerrato.

Remains to be seen who's going to come out on top- but there's not much debate going by the draft value chart the Redskins seriously overpaid to take RG III.

People outside of Washington like the Redskins?

My girlfriend's father lives in DC and is a season ticket holder, and they've never done anything bad by me. I rooted for Washington and Green Bay in the dark years when the Browns were gone, and I still silently pull for them today. Unless they're playing Cleveland, obviously.

I live in Columbia, MD dipshit. Ironic someone from Cleveland would talk shit about DC or Baltimore though.

So? You live in a suburb. Don't we all. And no, it isn't ironic that someone from Cleveland should talk shit about Baltimore and DC. Cleveland's problems primarily lie in a bad economy...which can potentially be corrected. When you get away from the tourist areas DC and Baltimore are just shitholes that no amount of money can rectify.

I thought CLE should have mortgaged the franchise to get that guy. . .

But looking at him at Redskins camp among the big guys makes him look small.

The problem with a mortgage like that is that it immediately becomes a negative equity situation and likely results in foreclosure.

No. Let the Skins mortgage their future. I say it is 50/50 on this mortgage being under water.

The problem with a mortgage like that is that it immediately becomes a negative equity situation and likely results in foreclosure.

No. Let the Skins mortgage their future. I say it is 50/50 on this mortgage being under water.

Hey, we're happy with our draft- Redskins fans are happy with theirs. What's the problem?

Washington's gamble (and it was the biggest gamble in recent draft history) can't be evaluated for several years anyway, until we see what the Rams do with those extra first round picks. Speaking of the Rams- our Washington visitors should head over to a St Louis board, where the general consensus there is they robbed the Redskins blind.

If Weeden busts- he cost us one first round pick. If RGIII busts it costs the Redskins 3 first round picks plus a second. (The 'Skins fans think that could never, ever happen)

Finally- yes, DUH. If the Browns had been sitting at #2 they would have taken RGIII, no question.

And then, the Browns moved up one spot to draft Richardson. There's no problem with drafting Richardson, despite what Jim Brown says I think he'll be a very good player in the NFL. They likely did so because they felt someone else would jump up and draft him. So they gave up three draft picks---draft picks you needed---to move up one spot...only to find out that they weren't in any danger of losing Richardson.

So they give up a fourth, fifth and seventh round pick to move up one spot to get a guy that they could've drafted if they'd just stayed at four, because they panicked because they didn't want to get leapfrogged by Tampa Bay, I'm guessing. Even though Tampa didn't have the kind of ammo to move up.

When people try to make this argument that the Browns didnt need to move up to get T. Rich and they wasted picks because he would of been there @ 4, i cant help but SMH and say your a fuckin moron!! I like gippers response to this also. Use your peabrain here dumbasses. If T.B. was willing to trade their 36th and 101 to denver so they could jump back up to pick 31 and draft Doug Martin, what the fuck makes you think they werent trying to jump in front of CLE. to snag T.Rich???? Just fuckin baffels me.....

When people try to make this argument that the Browns didnt need to move up to get T. Rich and they wasted picks because he would of been there @ 4, i cant help but SMH and say your a fuckin moron!! I like gippers response to this also. Use your peabrain here dumbasses. If T.B. was willing to trade their 36th and 101 to denver so they could jump back up to pick 31 and draft Doug Martin, what the fuck makes you think they weren't trying to jump in front of CLE. to snag T.Rich???? Just fuckin baffles me.....

Hell it's the kettle calling the pot black. We got the fourth round pick back with a later trade. Effectively, we gave up a fifth and a seventh to move up one spot- in the first round. Sure beats Butch Davis giving up a second rounder to move up one spot to take Winslow. The Redskins gave up two firsts and a second to move up four. Now WHO gave up too much?

Except that the Skins are not mortgaging anything.

We are down two picks over the next two drafts (actually one, since we had 8 picks in next year's draft before the trade). So we don't have a first round pick, oh well. Shanny has shown he can find good players in the middle and late rounds (Hankerson, Helu, Royster, Riley, Gomes), which means it's not a major loss.

Even if RG3 busts, we still have a decent option at backup in Cousins (who might not be a world beater, but he is better than Grossman).

Archived