THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden.....just...fine...

TypicalBrowns

Damn hell is freezing over.

We just beat our hated pittspuke rivals, earned our 2nd division win (whens the last time this happened) and our defense is WHATS UP. we are building an AFC north caliber defense that STOMPED the opposition today

And there is NOTHING but incessant bitching on here.

Weeden played fucking fine....seriously....this is madness. Yes he did throw some errant balls and yes there shoulda been a couple picks that were dropped...but were they actually picked off? No, and weeds still moves the ball better and more consistent than Mccoy did (thats how bad McCoys production was). He threw some nice zingers for slants that got some first downs, along with decent crossing routes that moved the ball. He forced a couple today also, but jeez hes a rooooookie even after 10 games, and pitts defense is still the shit! And he didnt even post bad stats. 76.0 for a rating isnt bad for a rookie QB playing dick labeaus still studded out defense. Also the Cameron td was a nice tight throw.

Yes he did slide down for some reason losing yards and not just throwing it away, yes he still isnt too mobile and yes he still misses open guys downfield, what rookie qb doesnt? (Besides the sliding, its football....u throw it away)

All i wanted to substantiate is weeden is fine. Its a moot

Point if u try to say McCoy would do better, he wouldnt. He wouldve gotten pummeled today. Just look at how weeden can still stand in the pocket and deliver throws, McCoy couldnt stand in a pocket for 6 seconds without scurrying at the first sign of pressure, instead of stepping up in the pocket like weeds.

A 29 yr old rookie qb is still a rookie. And this rookie has looked less rookiesh than McCoy did his rookie year, tying McCoys tds in his 11th game.

Damn hell is freezing over.

We just beat our hated pittspuke rivals, earned our 2nd division win (whens the last time this happened) and our defense is WHATS UP. we are building an AFC north caliber defense that STOMPED the opposition today

Weeden played fucking fine....seriously....this is madness. Yes he did throw some errant balls and yes there shoulda been a couple picks that were dropped...but were they actually picked off? No, and weeds still moves the ball better and more consistent than Mccoy did (thats how bad McCoys production was). He threw some nice zingers for slants that got some first downs, along with decent crossing routes that moved the ball. He forced a couple today also, but jeez hes a rooooookie even after 10 games, and pitts defense is still the shit! And he didnt even post bad stats. 76.0 for a rating isnt bad for a rookie QB playing dick labeaus still studded out defense. Also the Cameron td was a nice tight throw.

Yes he did slide down for some reason losing yards and not just throwing it away, yes he still isnt too mobile and yes he still misses open guys downfield, what rookie qb doesnt? (Besides the sliding, its football....u throw it away)

All i wanted to substantiate is weeden is fine. Its a moot

Point if u try to say McCoy would do better, he wouldnt. He wouldve gotten pummeled today. Just look at how weeden can still stand in the pocket and deliver throws, McCoy couldnt stand in a pocket for 6 seconds without scurrying at the first sign of pressure, instead of stepping up in the pocket like weeds.

A 29 yr old rookie qb is still a rookie. And this rookie has looked less rookiesh than McCoy did his rookie year, tying McCoys tds in his 11th game.

Yo the problem is the defense played lights out 8 turn overs. T rich ran ok. and we only won by 6.

Not only did he make bad throws, reads he also had horrible game management. We should have won today by 20 or more. We left points on the field...

U could say that, but its also playcalling. Too many short throws. Weeds does check down often but there also isnt much aggression shown by the offenses schemes.

And run blocking SUCKED today, t rich ran 29 times for 85 yds, add that into the equation with the recievers not really consistently getting separation. The PIt d is tough still man

You are correct, we won a division game at home, it's a big start.

I want Weeden to be the guy, this carousel of QB issues has to stop. I worry about his pocket presence & staring down WRs.

I'm just happy we won, so sick of losing. I think things are looking up, now beat Oakland.

Yep and we still had shurmur callin plays then didnt we?

In fact, since we had the same exact team and personnel that argument makes complete sense.

We shouldve beat them 51-0 your right.

My point was with 8 TO's you should win by more then 6. Only a team coached by a COMPLETE inept idiot wins by 6.

No one could say what McCoy could have or would have done. Both our QBs have appeared to suck balls. I prefer McCoy because I think he's a much better leader and has a better heart. He's gutty and I like that. Weeden doesn't seem like a leader but he can make some decent throws when he connects (which is fairly rare) its impossible to compare the two in my mind because I much prefer weedens supporting cast. Id like to see what McCoy can do with them.

tying McCoys tds in his 11th game.

sounds like your bitching now.

are u an idiot?

tying mccoys' tds? what tds? in his rookie year? how many games did mccoy play vs. weeden with what caliber talent around him? how about completion % and overall QBR rating through 10 games? how about that comparison? can you bring that to the discussion?

everyone calls out people who are just saying mccoy woulda.......WELL MAYBE HE WOULDN'T BUT we'll never know. it's just discussion. don't post on the thread if you don't like the topic.

and who the fuck are you or anyone else to tell another fan on how to feel? don't we have the steeler, ravens and bengals fans to do that to?

he's on our team, the topic is there.....hell he might even be starting next week. so maybe it is you who should STFU now. understand how it feels? it's just discussion. i'm not pro weeds or pro mccoy. i'm pro browns. but if we want to kick and scream, let us!

maybe you can thrill us with some insightful version how next week will play out if mccoy has to start.

BUT OH WAIT!!!

you'd be bitching.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

funny shit!!

Glad u got a sense of humor at least

But all i was tryin to do with this thread man, is to give the Browns fucking credit for a huge W, no matter who was starting QB for the Steelers, no matter how many turnovers they had, or how ugly it was....hey...were 3-8. When we were 0-5 goin into Cincy at home, did we all expect our next 3 Ws to be against CIN (div) SD (on paper a much better team than CLe) and PIT (div).

Not insulting anyone who wants to complain, we can always COMPLAIN about the Browns cuz theyre the fucking Browns, can we always celebrate for the browns? Recently, no. So when its appropriate, a fan should celebrate with victory. Yes it was yet again an ugly win, but it was a Cleveland Browns win......rare these days

Glad u got a sense of humor at least

But all i was tryin to do with this thread man, is to give the Browns fucking credit for a huge W, no matter who was starting QB for the Steelers, no matter how many turnovers they had, or how ugly it was....hey...were 3-8. When we were 0-5 goin into Cincy at home, did we all expect our next 3 Ws to be against CIN (div) SD (on paper a much better team than CLe) and PIT (div).

Not insulting anyone who wants to complain,

i know that. but you should know that a lot of us do this to embrace debate and dig at an itch until it makes someone bleed.

i love the F ing cleveland browns and will always celebrate a win....sometimes too much....

dude i'm all good with anybody that bleeds orange and brown, no matter how we all might feel about this and that, i'm willing to listen to any fan's view of how the team is doing and what needs to be done to fix what needs to be fixed.

i usually charge per hour for the grief i give. being over 50 now and seeing and doing the things i've done makes it easy to laugh at myself and those who take me too seriously.

there are bigger things in this world than football, god knows. we all know from our own life experiences that this is just a game.

BUT

for at least 4 months out of the year on sunday i can be transported to another level of just 'sitting around the house'. i can bitch, scream and cheer for my beloved football team. i'm just glad i'm with a girl that knows how to calm me down before i throw a full can of beer through a 42" lcd tv.

sure we can all be assholes but if that means that i can't root for the browns......where's the noose and getty square.

Not sure yet if weeden is our guy or not but i am 100% sure pat shurmur is not the right guy for the head coaching job..

Weeds looks a lot like DA at times and was largely ineffective against the stoolers #1 ranked defense however we have to expect that when even fans can accurately predict 80% of the time or better what play the shurmurnator is going to call next simply by observing which players they bring in and what formation they set up in..

Shurmur is like an amateur checker player playing in a pro chess match and its amazing that our offense does as well as it does under this idiot..

The Steelers have the best defense in the NFL.

We start four rookies on offense, three in skill positions, including QB.

I don't care if we caused 100 turnovers. The offense got the ball over the goal line twice and Phil booted two field goals and we won the damn game.

Just win the damn game.

Mission Accomplished.

Zombo

Just to reiterate what has been said by some people here: Weeden has shown some rookie mistakes and made some bad passes, I won't deny that for a second. He does stare down receivers too much sometimes and has bad pocket presence. But guess what? Those are the two most common errors from a rookie QB and can be made better by good coaching.

If you take away the Eagles game (which is the worst coached game I've ever seen in my life), here's Weeden's stats.

12 TD's

9 Int's

58.1% completion

2,338 yards

That means he's on pace to have roughly 3,700 yards passing with 18-20 TD's, 15-16 Ints and 60% completion percentage. If you consider that Weeden is in IMO the worst offensively called team in the NFL, that leads me to have faith the ceiling is high with Weeden. Also, take into consideration here that at least 2 INT's I can think of were tipped passes that hit our guys in the hands.

This is the first time in a long while we've had a good offensive unit to back. Trich is clearly talented, Weeden is very promising and Gordon gets better every week it seems like.

OK let's not forget to point out how many close games we have been in with decent teams and them BARELY pulling out the victory against us, supposedly one of the worst teams in the NFL. But guess what?? The Browns are on the OTHER side this time, which is important for the young players to feel what it's like to struggle but hold on for the victory instead of the loss.

And seriously since when has a Browns/Steelers game not been an ugly TO infested mess of a game?

THIS TIME IT WAS US WITH THE W.....

No other team in the league has on offence with so many rookies in key positions.

Given that fact and that we have a HC who doesn't know his ass from his elbow, these guys have shown enough to give hope for the future, once the play calling improves under whoever the new guy is.

For the first time in a long time we reason to feel positive about the future as long as we can find a guy to lead them properly and let them open it up.

Add to that a top end LB and/or CB and we will be a team nobody wants to play next year...hopefully!

Some of the fookers in here would screw up a wet dream.

funny. never had one of those.

gunny, if you ever met me, i'd make sure it's be one of the best times ever.

wouldn't be in church though. i think lightning might come down if i ever crossed that threshold.

lighten up guys. we all want the same thing. we might just disagree on how to get it.

No the difference is Zombo you are happy with one win over the Steelers what im looking for is domanation agasnt are Rivals, and scoring 20 Points on 8 T.O.s isnt going to cut it...Believe me when i say when we play them again they will not turn the ball over that many times again....

Im glad we won the game but it means nothing if we cant constantly do it, remember when we beat them back in 09 how long did it take to beat them again...Its unacceptable and so is causing 8 turnovers and barely winning the game....Im not bitching im happy we won all im saying is we aint gonna have it that easy again.

its called managing the game and not having weeden make an errand throw against a good steeler D. When our D was playing lights out

I'm glad for the win, but what you saw was Shur-loss Turtle ball, and why he's going to get fired. No guts, no glory.

What does he do with 3 minutes left in the game calls 3 straight running plays making the Steelers burn TOs, instead of going for the end zone, or at least attempting a pass for a 1st down (which would have won the game). Punts giving the Steelers the ball back with over 2 minutes left in the game. Shur-loss would have been eating huge crow if that wussiness had backfired on him and Batch had driven the length of the field and won the game- with the Brown up huge in the turnover department. Classic "playing not to lose".

No the difference is Zombo you are happy with one win over the Steelers what im looking for is domanation agasnt are Rivals, and scoring 20 Points on 8 T.O.s isnt going to cut it...Believe me when i say when we play them again they will not turn the ball over that many times again....

Im glad we won the game but it means nothing if we cant constantly do it, remember when we beat them back in 09 how long did it take to beat them again...Its unacceptable and so is causing 8 turnovers and barely winning the game....Im not bitching im happy we won all im saying is we aint gonna have it that easy again.

Well, you have to start with one win...and this, yes, was just one win, but it is a start.

As has been said all along, this team needs to learn to win. They lost so many close games to Philly, both B-more, Dallas, first Cincy, etc. etc.

To pull one out like this may just be the beginning of the learning process.

If they choke it again against the likes of the Raiders and Chiefs, then it will be a wasted lesson probably.

But let's hope not.

Archived