THE BROWNS BOARD

Windows 10

Browns149

I downloaded Windows 10. It is really slow, but the worst part is the mouse keeps getting stuck.

It will not move for about 7 seconds, then it's fine until I stop, then it freezes again

Anyone else have this problem, or does anyone know of a fix

I use Linux pretty much exclusively B)

My professional opinion would be one of two:

1.) Your hardware isn't good enough for windows 10

2.) If your hardware is good enough, do a complete fresh reinstall and don't do the upgrade. This will assuredly clear up any issues.

I spend about zero time on my laptop so when windows xp stopped being supported I moved to linux as well. Had a bit of a learning curve but ultimately I'm happy with it it can emulate windows to do things that you need windows for and it works well on an older computer. I do most of my internet surfing on a smart phone anyway

I first downloaded win 10, had all sorts of trouble - worked with tech support,

and they sent me the latestest version - I had downloaded the 32 bit version from

earlier..

weird - it never did ask me anything about 64 bit. Win 10 then wouldn't install because

I had an old McCafee anti virus somewhere, so the install truncated, and I deleted that.

Again I tried, and it truncated, because I had an old version of Panda Cloud.

I tried and tried, and I couldn't delete. I was about to go into dos (if it's still there..)

and try to change the attributes to get rid of "read only"... but I got a call back,

and the guy sent me the removal files to get rid of panda crapola.

THEN, it stalled fine, and I like it.

Might have to check for updated mouse drivers or something.

Which reminds me, I need to upgrade the Wifie's laptop from Win 7, and our other computer from XP

to win 7.

Bought a new HP printer (8610e), and we love it, except it was 3.5 hrs of hell trying to get the old

XP computer to wirelessly access the printer from the other room.

Win 10 seems to be excellent.

Archived