THE BROWNS BOARD

The Only Day of the Year

The Gipper

This may be the ONLY day of the year that other sports take overall preference over the NFL.

The NCAA championship game is on tonight.

And this is opening day for the Cleveland Indians.

Is there any other day of the year where there is a convergence of non football important sporting events?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hockey, i mean soccer is starting to catch on here BUT today is opening day for baseball, which is this country's national 'past time'. then we have the college basketball national championship tonight as well. add the world cup to that as far as viewership is concerned and it couldn't bite the nads of the NFL super bowl i'm guessing, here in the states.

worldwide is different. but we don't care about worldwide of course, unless it's time to come save some sorry pussy country from annihilation.

Soccer is a silly sport that wishes it could be real football.

Hockey is ice rugby, and rugby is an unorganized free for all clusterfook.

FOOTBALL rocks as the ultimate team sport.

Watching other sports only makes me realize how much I love football. It's crazy how I'm not really a sports fan in general (apathy to sports runs on the family) but am absolutely nuts about the pigskin.

Let's not forget Lacrosse, Cricket, Croquet, And beach volley ball. More people watch the NFL draft then the World Series.

This may be the ONLY day of the year that other sports take overall preference over the NFL.

The NCAA championship game is on tonight.

And this is opening day for the Cleveland Indians.

Is there any other day of the year where there is a convergence of non football important sporting events?

Baseball passes time until football starts. One down, only another 161 meaningless boring games to follow. I fail to see how the first one is more "special"- it does interrupt my regular ESPN radio feed, broadcasting the Cincinnati Deads- which I don't give a Rat's ass about. So count me POed on that account. The station gets immediately switched. Too bad Puke won- I had the game taped, and I deleted it without watching.

Let's not forget Lacrosse, Cricket, Croquet, And beach volley ball. More people watch the NFL draft than the World Series.

You speak the truth.

i'm surrounded by yankee and met fans. to see a couple of indian games a year on reg espn or whatever is a gift.

today was an embarrassment for half my friends acting like it was the first day they ever had a hot dog off the grill, drunk by noon.

pleez. on a saturday night into sunday morn football game these mugs couldn't hang with me.

baseball and golf are great on low volume in the enclosed porch. only thing that wakes me up is the ass hole that decides to mow his lawn at 8pm.

All I have to say on the matter is - fucking Tim Sherwood. Anyone but him. Second coming of Dodgy 'Arry.

I like Sherwood, pulls no punches and everything he said about our overpaid players was right !

So he could be a pundit? Says nothing about his managerial ability!

He did well for us, brought some good youngsters through and got us scoring and winning at home again.

Judge him next season.

Not sure, Sherwood just doesn't seem to like him. Doesn't fit in with his "we're going to play 4-4-2" Mike Basset style 1987 football.

haha 4-4-2 worked for City last season. . .

Nope, if we go down it will be fully deserved. We'd lose Benteke, Vlaar & Delph, but honestly, who else would the vultures be circling for? We really need to rebuild, rather than just fire-fighting to stay above water.

Nope, if we go down it will be fully deserved. We'd lose Benteke, Vlaar & Delph, but honestly, who else would the vultures be circling for? We really need to rebuild, rather than just fire-fighting to stay above water.

I feel pretty confident that Villa will stay up. Vlaar is likely gone either way. On the plus side, Bent has shown that he can kill it in the Championship if the worst happens :D

I feel pretty confident that Villa will stay up. Vlaar is likely gone either way. On the plus side, Bent has shown that he can kill it in the Championship if the worst happens :D

£65k p/w. Along with Shay Given's £55k p/w. Both out of contract at the end of the year, both need to leave!

£65k p/w. Along with Shay Given's £55k p/w. Both out of contract at the end of the year, both need to leave!

For sure. Given's nearly a pensioner isn't he? There's still quite a bit of quality on the team. Far more that the results indicate anyhow.

Lambert was actually a decent judge of talent, when you look at the players he brought in - Benteke, Vlaar, Gil, Okore, Westwood, Sanchez etc. Anyone he could spend more than £2m on looks pretty decent. He just couldn't get the team playing well.

Archived