THE BROWNS BOARD

Preseason game 3

ahitz3

Extreme suckage, saved by Flash.

Damn, he makes it look so easy when/if he has his head on straight. That was the first TD he scored since 2013 unless I'm missing some other preseason magic somewhere.

A few weeks ago I posted I couldn't believe I was letting myself get excited about this guy again. He has a golden opportunity this year with a his former QB in college that throws a nice deep ball Josh is wired for. Josh Gordon has been the only one capable of stopping Josh Gordon. Since 2013 through our 1st 4 games in 2016, he will have been suspended 32 of our next 37 games.

That said, for a guy heading into his 5th season already plus however much college football he missed to suspensions - there's not very much wear and tear on his body. I think the in-house support group established plus the league allowing Gordon to have access the facility gives him a good chance to beat the demons that have his career backed up to the final strike.

As the lyrics say: "Jesus take the wheel!"

Heads up... both tackling and blocking...

Funny thing is that at first viewing, I think I pretty much got my wish.

Sad thing is same as funny thing...

I'm trying to be positive because it's only preseason. Why do the first three games look like a smoldering dumpster fire for the regular season? How can anyone watch this sober and not think it's not going to be another 10+ loss season!? I hope there's a chance of an underdog / Cinderella season, but I've been drinking.

Clearly it's your preseason for "trying"... C'mon, man! Suck it up... you have two weeks to get in shape!

Yea, that did seem to be a problem, though there were also protection issues.

I'm not sure that 2 first appearances by a rookie WR and a vet WR that hasn't played football since 2014 assures us it was the QB's fault for holding onto the ball too long (although in fairness to you - you never said it was).

Sometimes we lose sight of how reliable Joe Thomas has been throughout our countless QB auditions since he arrived for our 10 win season in 2007. Our RT was penalized twice for holding in pass pro and gave up 1 sack that I can remember in 2-3 quarters.

Funny thing is that at first viewing, I think I pretty much got my wish.

Sad thing is same as funny thing...

What was your thoughts on Pasztor at RT? in pass protection he seemed easy to knock off balance imo? Any signs of hope in S. Coleman or Drango at RT? A.Bailey is no better than France imo?

What was your thoughts on Pasztor at RT? in pass protection he seemed easy to knock off balance imo? Any signs of hope in S. Coleman or Drango at RT? A.Bailey is no better than France imo?

No different than they have been, gum... pending grading Pre-Week 3, which I am trying to psyche myself to do...

Paz struggles against speed... lacks the technique (and maybe the quicks) to kick off the line... he "chops" backwards and not very fast at that. Moving forward in run block, he looks pretty solid.

Shon is quicker with moderate tech so he can handle the speed, but looks to have issues anchoring and is certainly not the road grader that Paz is in the run game. I'm hoping much of his issues are that he's just behind due to reporting while still recovering from off-season surgery, but he may need a little more muscle on his 6'7 frame.

Drango, who I've been skeptical of, may be the best "compromise" at this point. Definite road-grader capability and better feet than Paz, if not better technique. His issue is his work has been at LT and flipping to RT is simply not a given.

France? My surprise at his nice week 2 performance was exceeded only by my disappointment with his week 3 showing. With our only future HOF'er locked in at LT, there's no reason France can't be part of the RT convo, if he can flip.

But time is short and 8 is the OL max for the 53. Paz and Drango both have "swingman" versatility... Shon is an "investment". One will start at RT. None will make it to the PS. So that's 7...

One more spot between Gerhart, France and, maybe, Bailey... Feels like France has shown the most, but a back-up Center may take priority unless Mike Mathews has shown enough to sit on the PS until needed.

Archived