THE BROWNS BOARD

Thoughts on the defensive front from tonights game and holy shit Nassib looks legit..

Clevfan4life

sure.

our draft: as usual traded away a chance at a top 3 talent, prob a franchise QB of the future. great we have 14 picks like last years 12 which did absolutely friggin nothing but garnish more mid-level talent except maybe a couple of DL who still haven't pushed their way into top tier.

hue jackson: great. an 8-8 HC. a QB guru OC who was on a team that never won a playoff game.

RG3: like him. don't like his chances of staying healthy.

biggest gripe is with the lack of star power. yeah haden and thomas.......my 2 faves. both are on the back end of their careers. so we have rg3 and a couple of rookies? all this for 26 picks in the last 2 years? in your QB thread cal suggests next year trading away one of our picks for jimmy garropolo......REALLY? why the fuck didn't we just draft him when we had the chance if he was your guy? that is backward thinking dude. you got the pick use it. trade down. trade down. there is next year to worry about. yeah? well what about this fucking year?

and btw, i'm no ghoolie lapdog. i can think for myself. love the team. will root for them always. just do something spectacular one year and do it right in the draft. i'm sure coleman will be a burner. glad we thought WR this year, just like farmer thought DB overstock with multiple picks and maybe one will work out.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol... all out of cake...

That you will take the Browns Week 1 in Survivor is a given, Z... as is a spread beat in Pick 'Em.

So the real question is the over/under for Browns on your League 1 Fantasy team...

I'm setting the opening line at 3.5.

I'll enjoy having dinner with you and Hoorta in Naples when we are 2-0.

Take the under on 3.5, I hate our kickers ... But I'm drafting Barny, Gordon, Coleman, RG3 .. OK, take the over.

Z

Fuck Ghoolie, Fuck you (with all due respect) and fuck Mix ... We are nailing the young guys, we nailed the coach, and pretty sure we nailed the QB. People jumped all over Johnny (hated him)but they're not jumping on this?

Sorry ... This feels real, don't be late to the party.

Z

LOL! I love August. It's the same in Cleveland as it is in College Station. "This is the year!!"

Until mid-way through the season the tune changes to, "Wait till next year!"

LOL! I love August. It's the same in Cleveland as it is in College Station. "This is the year!!"

Until mid-way through the season the tune changes to, "Wait till next year!"

Whatever.College Station is minor leagues

The Browns back on track is major news.

Home of Paul Brown, Jim Brown, and Otto Graham. Cradle of pro football. Mecca of NFL. No one gives a shit whether Texas A&M goes 8-4 or 7-5.

Z

sure.

our draft: as usual traded away a chance at a top 3 talent, prob a franchise QB of the future. great we have 14 picks like last years 12 which did absolutely friggin nothing but garnish more mid-level talent except maybe a couple of DL who still haven't pushed their way into top tier.

hue jackson: great. an 8-8 HC. a QB guru OC who was on a team that never won a playoff game.

RG3: like him. don't like his chances of staying healthy.

biggest gripe is with the lack of star power. yeah haden and thomas.......my 2 faves. both are on the back end of their careers. so we have rg3 and a couple of rookies? all this for 26 picks in the last 2 years? in your QB thread cal suggests next year trading away one of our picks for jimmy garropolo......REALLY? why the fuck didn't we just draft him when we had the chance if he was your guy? that is backward thinking dude. you got the pick use it. trade down. trade down. there is next year to worry about. yeah? well what about this fucking year?

and btw, i'm no ghoolie lapdog. i can think for myself. love the team. will root for them always. just do something spectacular one year and do it right in the draft. i'm sure coleman will be a burner. glad we thought WR this year, just like farmer thought DB overstock with multiple picks and maybe one will work out.

Fucked up rambling. Like the people who passed on Jimmy Garafalo are still in charge?

We rebooted in Jan 2016 in case you missed it ... All your bitching about shit that happened before that is irrelevant.

You sound like the bald drunk at the local bar who secretly likes dicks and has opinions on things that happened in the past and no clue about the present or the future.

Unless there is a juicy dick involved. Then you are all in.

Z

Fuck Ghoolie... We are nailing the young guys, we nailed the coach, and pretty sure we nailed the QB. People jumped all over Johnny (hated him)but they're not jumping on this?

Sorry ... This feels real, don't be late to the party.

Z

Here's your Train to Jump on^^^Z you nailed it..Our draftees last season & this season will have to Actually PLAY on Sundays. Hue & Staff are some of the best evaluate-rs- Comparing all the QB options we had..RG3 fits our roster issues..Kap out, Wentz surely was a sitting duck for here now. To the bandwagon jumpers on Dak Prescott. Would have never happened after his DWI/DUI coming off the ManHell experience. May have been a option, till DWI/DUI booted him down our board..

Whatever.College Station is minor leagues

The Browns back on track is major news.

Home of Paul Brown, Jim Brown, and Otto Graham. Cradle of pro football. Mecca of NFL. No one gives a shit whether Texas A&M goes 8-4 or 7-5.

Z

In Ohio that is true. However the "Wait till next year" saying has existed in College Station since Bear Bryant left in 1957, well before the Jim Brown glory days. It was part of the culture by the time my brother went there in 1963. Was even more ingrained when I started in 1965. :D

But back to the topic. I am hopeful of some impact by the new defensive players. Less so with O players where I think we whiffed on some picks. We'll have a far better idea how we did overall toward the end of this season as the learning curve gets smaller. If memory serves I think Nassib was one of my "finds" in the mock draft we played this year. But as I get older memory gets trickier and too lazy to look it up. *

* I looked it up and Mudfly picked Nassib @ #74 overall for the Bucs.

A hairy greek talkin about dicks. Man ur breakin all the stereotypes tonite Z.

Put down ur Amstel lite and ouzo and go take a nap.

I'm 100% Irish American motherfucker.

You are are about as good at analyzing my heritage and drinks of choice as you are at analyzing these young Browns.

Bitter Beer Face Mix sitting in a dive bar shitting on everything ... It's a good look.

Z

I'm 100% Irish American motherfucker.

You are aare about as good at analyzing my heritage and drinks of choice as you are at analyzing these young Browns.

Bitter Beer Face Mix sitting in a dive bar shitting on everything ... It's a good look.

Z

My 1/8 Irish says Have One On Me.

I'll enjoy having dinner with you and Hoorta in Naples when we are 2-0.

Take the under on 3.5, I hate our kickers ... But I'm drafting Barny, Gordon, Coleman, RG3 .. OK, take the over.

lol... already did...

You're on fire this year!

well i'm glad at least 2 out of the 14 picks show something in practice and preseason. lol.

hey if the browns double it and 4 players turn out to be on the squad in 3 years that's a whopping 29% return on their 2016 investment!!!

WHOOPPEE!! breaking all kinds of records!

If they had 4 of their draft picks still on this team in 3 years, that would probably be fairly average....or above for any NFL team, I suggest.

If you went back to take a look at the draft of 4 years ago...say 2012....and saw which teams still had 4 players from their 2012 draft on their current roster, I would wager it is far less than 50%.

In Ohio that is true. However the "Wait till next year" saying has existed in College Station since Bear Bryant left in 1957, well before the Jim Brown glory days. It was part of the culture by the time my brother went there in 1963. Was even more ingrained when I started in 1965. :D

You will still have to wait until next year in College station. "This is Not the year" could be your mantra.

But back to the topic. I am hopeful of some impact by the new defensive players. Less so with O players where I think we whiffed on some picks. We'll have a far better idea how we did overall toward the end of this season as the learning curve gets smaller. If memory serves I think Nassib was one of my "finds" in the mock draft we played this year. But as I get older memory gets trickier and too lazy to look it up. *

* I looked it up and Mudfly picked Nassib @ #74 overall for the Bucs.

I am waiting for somebody for the Browns to answer Yogi Berra's Question: "Can Anybody here play this game"?

Fucked up rambling. Like the people who passed on Jimmy Garafalo are still in charge?

We rebooted in Jan 2016 in case you missed it ... All your bitching about shit that happened before that is irrelevant.

You sound like the bald drunk at the local bar who secretly likes dicks and has opinions on things that happened in the past and no clue about the present or the future.

Unless there is a juicy dick involved. Then you are all in.

Z

The problem there Z is- we rebooted a few years back with Farmer, before that Savage, before that..... Notice a trend? Yup,every time we have a regime change it's always sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows- until around week 5, or sooner. If you want to think it's all going to be different this time around, be my guest. I want to see concrete proof of improvement in the regular season before I get pumped up- not just to be let down yet again by overly optimistic expectations.

So what have I seen so far? Hue may be the best coach the Browns have hired in like forever. RG III looks competent- if he can stay healthy. Having Coleman, Gordon and Pryor is a vast improvement over what we had last year at WR. On defense, it looks like Ogbah and Nassib can play. The rest of the defense? It sucks pretty bad. Zero run defense, and near zero pressure on opposing qbs.

The O better score a ton of points- because to this point we're running the tissue paper defense.

The problem there Z is- we rebooted a few years back with Farmer, before that Savage, before that..... Notice a trend? Yup,every time we have a regime change it's always sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows- until around week 5, or sooner. If you want to think it's all going to be different this time around, be my guest. I want to see concrete proof of improvement in the regular season before I get pumped up- not just to be let down yet again by overly optimistic expectations.

So what have I seen so far? Hue may be the best coach the Browns have hired in like forever. RG III looks competent- if he can stay healthy. Having Coleman, Gordon and Pryor is a vast improvement over what we had last year at WR. On defense, it looks like Ogbah and Nassib can play. The rest of the defense? It sucks pretty bad. Zero run defense, and near zero pressure on opposing qbs.

The O better score a ton of points- because to this point we're running the tissue paper defense.

Thank you, Leslie Gore.

Tissue paper defense. We will need that because its Hue's party and he'll cry if he wants to, cry if he wants to...(and we will all need that tissue paper)

To the fans of all other teams: You would cry to if this defense happened to you.

Thank you, Leslie Gore.

Tissue paper defense. We will need that because its Hue's party and he'll cry if he wants to, cry if he wants to...(and we will all need that tissue paper)

To the fans of all other teams: You would cry to if this defense happened to you.

LOL Gip,Classic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Browns aren't drafting big names in round 1. They act like they are trying to find a big steal instead of just drafting the sure-bet defensive players they need.

Problem is, that when they have drafted the sure bets, they turned out to be bad bets. So, it hasn't mattered either way.

Finished watching the 2nd half vs. the Falcons and it is clear that in run-pass situations, Nassib is a liability... for now.

Strictly passing situations as part of a package? Different story... at least as long as he is on the edge. Inside? Not so much...

Problem is, that when they have drafted the sure bets, they turned out to be bad bets. So, it hasn't mattered either way.

Yep, I don't think you can find anyone who didn't love the Danny pick, and so far, he's hovering dangerously close to the mendoza/bust line. He was supposed to transform our defense the day he stepped on the field, and I'm still waiting for Optimus Prime to show up...... Hell, I'll even settle for Bumble Bee.

love the shelton pick. one player cannot alone fix the prob we have on DL. he needs some help and i don't know that he has enough of it.

Loved the pick too and I agree that a single player can't turn a putrid defense into a good one, but I expected waaaay more out of Danny than what I've seen so far. I hoped he would look stronger with the weight he lost, but instead he looks even flabbier and still doesn't have that NFL strength that others have.

I like Danny and hope he develops into what I thought he would be for us on draft day and there's still plenty of time, but such as is the NFL, the clock is ticking.

Archived