THE BROWNS BOARD

Always Bet On Black Trivia

The Gipper

Oh on #7 Air McNair went to Alcorn State not A & M, just to be nit picky, played against my Alma Mater YSU.

Alcorn was known as A&M before it became "State". And that is not the only school to do that: Oklahoma St. won two National Championships in basketball as Oklahoma A&M. LSU is the same.

Here is a set of Trivia.....all on Black QBs:

Answers:

1. Name the only two Black QBs currently in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Warren Moon, and Fritz Pollard (who played QB and HB for the Akron Pros and other teams)

2. Who was the first Black QB to start a game for the Cleveland Browns?

Dr. David Mays in like 1975

3. Name the two black QBs who were drafted by the Browns...but never made a start, and went to play in Canada (rate this a 10 out of 10 on Trivia difficulty scale)

One is Bernie Custis, drafted in early 50s....he did not play for the Browns...but he did become the first black QB to start a game in the CFL

Sandy Stephens wanted to play QB...but as so often was/is the case, the black player was asked to switch positions, which he did. But, he too went off to try his hand at QB in the CFL.

4. Who was the last Black QB drafted by the Browns?

Spergon Wynn. 2000

5. Name those black QBs who have been the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Michael Vick, Jamarcus Russell, Cam Newton, Jameis Winston

6. Name those teams who have, in their history, drafted two or more Black QBs in the first round.

Minnesota Vikings took both Dante Culpepper and Terry Bridgewater in round 1

Washington Redskins took Jason Campbell and Robert Griffin

Tennessee Titans/Oilers took Steve McNair and Vince Young #

Tampa Bay Buccaneers took Doug Williams, Josh Freeman, and Jameis Winston

# If you include "people of color" and not just AA you can also add Marcus Mariota to the Tits roster

Also, The Bengals took Akili Smith, and previously Jack Thompson "The Throwin' Samoan"

* Some people would have included Mark Rypien as a "person of color" as many thought he was Native American....but he wasn't, he just looked it. His ethnic background is Polish and Czech.

7. You are likely aware of the existance of the "traditional African American" Colleges. Name the two traditional black colleges from which a QB has been drafted in the first round.

Doug Williams out of Grambling St. and Steve McNair out of Alcorn State/A&M whatever.

8. Name all of the Black QBs that have started a game for the Cleveland Browns. Hint: 5 names

Jason Campbell, Thad Lewis, Seneca Wallace, Spergon Wynn, David Mays

9. Coordinate with above questions: give the records of each of those QBs as a starter for the Browns.

It is not good. Let's hope RGIII improves:

Jason Campbell 1-7

Seneca Wallace 1-6

David Mays 1-3

Thad Lewis 0-1

Spergon Wynn 0-1

Combined 3-18

10. Name the 4 Black QBs with the most regular season career wins in the NFL.

Moon 102 with .502 win pct

McNabb 98 but .612 win pct

McNair 91 with .595 win pct.

Randall Cunningham 82 .611 win pct.

11. Name those Black QBs who have started a Super Bowl game.

Colin Kaepernick

Doug Williams

Steve McNair

Russell Wilson

Donovan McNabb

Cam Newton

12. Besides the QBs in the answer to 11, name the other 2 QBs that have started a Super Bowl game that are considered "non-white".

Jim Plunkett and Joe Kapp. Both Hispanic. (see the note above on Rypien...who some thought to be NA)

Alcorn was known as A&M before it became "State". And that is not the only school to do that: Oklahoma St. won two National Championships in basketball as Oklahoma A&M. LSU is the same.

Yes they became Alcorn State in 1974 McNair played at State, like Youngstown became State in 1966 I know because I started there in 1968.

So, Youngstown State used to be Youngstown A&M? Never heard that.

Sorry no Ag & Mil there, Youngstown College to Youngstown University to YSU. Really a nice university now after I was long gone. Amazing amount of money flowing in since Tressel became President and as a bonus Bo Pelini took over the football team....finally!

Sorry no Ag & Mil there, Youngstown College to Youngstown University to YSU. Really a nice university now after I was long gone. Amazing amount of money flowing in since Tressel became President and as a bonus Bo Pelini took over the football team....finally!

Well, all schools at one point or the other had a different name. Akron U was Buchtel College. Cleveland State was Fenn College.

Michigan was: Catholepistemiad of Detroit

And Oh...i...o....there is this: the educational institution heretofore known as the 'Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College,' shall be known and designated hereafter as 'The Ohio State University.'"

Princeton was originally: The College of New Jersey.

Penn St. was "The Agricultural College of Pennsylvania"

Maryland: Maryland Agricultural College

Rutgers was "Queen's College"

Michigan St: The Agricultural College of the State of Michigan

Indiana: The Indiana State Seminary

Purdue has had no name change, it has always been Purdue Univ.

Illinois was "Illinois Industrial University"

Northwestern has always been just Northwestern

Wisconsin was originally "the University of the Territory of Wisconsin"

Minnesota has had no name change

Iowa was "The State University of Iowa"...not to be confused with Iowa State, which was originally Iowa Agricultural College and Model Farm

Nebraska has always been Nebraska....but they officially call it "Nebraska-Lincoln" Wisconsin also technically is Wisconsin-Madison but for these schools most people know them must by the state name.

I still cry "foul" on #4...

Cribbs was a QB when we drafted him...

Hello, McFly...is anybody Home? We didn't draft Cribbs......he was a UDFA.....QB or otherwise. I think we may have signed some UDFA black QB even since Cribbs who did not make the cut...didn't we?

Well, all schools at one point or the other had a different name. Akron U was Buchtel College. Cleveland State was Fenn College.

Michigan was: Catholepistemiad of Detroit[/size]

And Oh...i...o....there is this: [/size]the educational institution heretofore known as the 'Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College,' shall be known and designated hereafter as 'The Ohio State University.'"

But it might be fun saying Catholepistemiad of Detroit Coach Harbaugh .....but not to "m" fans.

Plus it would never end.

Hello, McFly...is anybody Home? We didn't draft Cribbs......he was a UDFA.....QB or otherwise. I think we may have signed some UDFA black QB even since Cribbs who did not make the cut...didn't we?

Gipper's spot on ,Tour..

Here is a set of Trivia.....all on Black QBs:

1. Name the only two Black QBs currently in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Fran Tarkenton is the only one I know.

Oh, and Doug Williams, and Warren Moon................. two really class acts

2. Who was the first Black QB to start a game for the Cleveland Browns?

Dave Mays

3. Name the two black QBs who were drafted by the Browns...but never made a start, and went to play in Canada (rate this a 10 out of 10 on Trivia difficulty scale)

These are the kind of situations where Ghoolie shows his superlative football knowledge and actually talks football.

Bernie Custis.....Browns wanted him to play DB, he told Paul Brown to go fuck himself, went to play for Hamilton

Sandi Stephens .....Again, Prejudiced Paul Brown (he thought blacks were plow horses) Would not let him play QB. He played FB for the Chiefs then went to Canada

Dentist Dave Mays was black. He started only 4 games, and ass fucked the Steelers.

(I know my Browns, AND my Negro Browns.)

4. Who was the last Black QB drafted by the Browns?

Darrel Hackney

I thought Clemente Gordon from Grambling was...

I sure don't remember him. I don't think he played a down for the Browns, did he?

No he was an 11th rnd draft choice.. I think he was on the taxi squad for a short time...

That was a good quiz. I refrained from some of the easier ones. Loved Moon, Loved Mcnair, think Fisher wasted him.

Loved them both too.. Heimerdinger I.E. titans OC was the absolute worse.. still stuck in the 50's

Archived