THE BROWNS BOARD

Bosa

One Post

Perhaps I'd feel better about the potential for trading for the guy if he REALLY wanted to play for us, but I remember him saying something negative about our franchise months ago.

It all starts with attitude, and Bosa has a bad one when it comes to Cleveland.

He acts like he's too good for the Browns, and the prick hasn't even taken a single snap as a pro.

He can eat a bag of dicks.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He acts like he's too good for the Browns, and the prick hasn't even taken a single snap as a pro.

I can't disagree with you either.

Good to great athleticism coupled with negative attitude=failure. Trade is out of the picture & I have no complaints.

Mike

Ha!.....my exact feelings from day one.....Absolutely did NOT want to draft this guy....he wont suck, but he's no Watt either.....

He's always seemed full of himself(maybe cause he ate a bag of dicks)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Joey Bozo vs Chargers FO has officially hit the "stalemate" status. . .

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yea...they keep referring to what other Charger players have been offered or agreed to. But they are known as about the chintziest organization around. What they offered was likely nothing like what every other team would have offered.

Hey....I personally would give them one of our first rounders that we have for next year.

Good God, isn't it fair to say that our DL needs help? After what we have seen so far in the preseason?

And Bosa bitched about Cleveland.

And the fact that the Chargers are negotiating in the media apparently tells you something about them.

The Chargers believe they're the only team in the NFL.

Clearly some of you still haven't read the initial underlying issue.

Hell, didn't the cowboys Twitter even weigh in on this? It's the same team that couldn't get Rivers signed until training camp was almost over.

The Chargers believe they're the only team in the NFL.

Clearly some of you still haven't read the initial underlying issue.

Hell, didn't the cowboys Twitter even weigh in on this? It's the same team that couldn't get Rivers signed until training camp was almost over.

The simple answer is that I thought he was a schmuck looooong before this holdout......and for me, it confirms what I already thought about him....

But, I did read it and here is what the Chargers offered....

1) Largest bonus of any NFL player(rookie or vet) for the last 2 years....(but its not enough)

2) More money his first season than any other rookie, less Carson Wentz......(yet he wants more, now)

3) Highest bonus and largest initial payment than the Chargers have ever payed anyone...(but, hey, its not him, its the cheapo chargers)

Sooo....to my eyes.....he's being difficult and greedy......let him walk and re-enter the draft....then fall back and this will all start again...

The Chargers are about to withdraw their offer and start deducting, because he now cannot give them properly prepared for 16 game season.....

The simple answer is that I thought he was a schmuck looooong before this holdout......and for me, it confirms what I already thought about him....

But, I did read it and here is what the Chargers offered....

1) Largest bonus of any NFL player(rookie or vet) for the last 2 years....

2) More money his first season than any other rookie, less Carson Wentz......(yet he wants more, now)

3) Highest bonus and largest initial payment than the Chargers have ever payed anyone...

Sooo....to my eyes.....he's beiung difficult and greedy......let him walk and re-enter the draft....then fall back and this will all start again...

The Chargers are about to withdraw their offer and start deducting, because he now cannot give them properly prepared for 16 game season.....

Phrasing. More money than any rookie they've drafted under the new CBA. Please go look at where the chargers have drafted then get back to me. You simply don't accept 18th money if you're the 3rd overall pick.

Nevermind the bad prescident it can set.

Phrasing. More money than any rookie they've drafted under the new CBA. Please go look at where the chargers have drafted then get back to me. You simply don't accept 18th money if you're the 3rd overall pick.

Nevermind the bad prescident it can set.

I haven't heard that he got offered #18 money....since the CBA, there is more or less a scale for 1st rounders and he's being paid on that established scale.....and the bonuses offered are as described(better than most)...

None the less.....it's his pay.....but Im not gonna sit here and feel bad for the only guy in the NFL who didnt sign cause he wants it all now......(its not the overall amount thats the issue, its that he has part of his bonus deferred and it wants it all now)...

But whatever, you can feel sorry for him if youd like and the unfair treatment he is getting....honestly dont care one iota about Bosa, the Chargers or his silly contract.....like I said.....just glad he aint here disrupting our team...dont like him and never did.....

Oh I don't feel sorry, but we're talking about a team that's had close to 50% of their top picks of the last 15 years on extended holdouts.

The consistency the Bolts speak of certainly doesnt hold water within their own franchise.

Voices around the NFL generally agree it's the Chargers on the piss poor side of things. I tend to think there has to be some truth to that.

From what I've read Bosa wants all of his bonus money up front, but the Bolts are only offering him 85% with the remaining 15% payable in March. If he chooses to sit out the year...well that pays him nothing.

But I digress, he was a dick before he was drafted.

Here it is spelled out....its about all of his bonus....now.....and 4-5th year language that would force them to pay those years, even if he's a bust and gets cut....I say play well and earn a bigger contract.....and if you suck and get cut, then you shouldnt be paid millions.....but thats me....

Why hasn’t Bosa signed?

The impasse between Bosa and the Chargers centers around a failure to agree on offset language and Bosa’s signing bonus deferment.

The current collective bargaining agreement made negotiating with rookies a bit easier for NFL teams, but offset language remains a sticking point, and it certainly is a huge factor for the Chargers in this situation.

All contracts for rookies selected in the first round of the NFL draft under the current CBA cover four years with a choice for teams to pick up the fifth-year option, extending the rookie contract one season. Teams want offset language included in case they decide to cut a player in his fourth season. Without offset language, the player is entitled to all of the money his original team was supposed to pay in his fourth season, and he can sign a new contract with another team and also earn all of that money.

A lack of offset language essentially allows a player to double dip and earn money from two teams. If there’s offset language included in the contract, it lets the original team off the hook. Obviously, the Chargers want offset language, and Bosa doesn’t.

The other issue, signing bonus deferment, is very simple. Bosa wants his signing bonus now. The team would prefer to spread it out over time. Bosa’s camp has repeatedly expressed a willingness to compromise and accept either the offset language or the signing bonus deferral, but the Chargers appear unwilling to budge.

bosa was and is overrated IMO....

BUT i believe in someone getting paid....

BUT there is always a way to do things that don't make you look like a bigger schmuck than you are. go to camp. do your work. put your head down and shut up. if your agent is worth anything, you are going to get paid. might be the agent you need to look at.

now if he does go to camp or does sign, his team mates are going to hate him. bad biz decisions so far.

Bosa is being a primadonna here. The media tries to push it like he was getting paid like a 3rd round draft pick while the chargers just want to protect themselves. I've also heard Bosa talk bad about cleveland, and the kid honestly seems like a spoiled brat. He thinks he can come in the NFL and own, when he's going to get knocked on his ass. So happy we didn't take him.

Bosa wants it all upfront because even he knows he won't be a difference maker in the NFL. Maybe he's not so dumb after all?

Naaaa, he's still dumb as "a bag of hair" - right mik?

Here it is spelled out....its about all of his bonus....now.....and 4-5th year language that would force them to pay those years, even if he's a bust and gets cut....I say play well and earn a bigger contract.....and if you suck and get cut, then you shouldnt be paid millions.....but thats me....

Why hasn’t Bosa signed?

The impasse between Bosa and the Chargers centers around a failure to agree on offset language and Bosa’s signing bonus deferment.

The current collective bargaining agreement made negotiating with rookies a bit easier for NFL teams, but offset language remains a sticking point, and it certainly is a huge factor for the Chargers in this situation.

All contracts for rookies selected in the first round of the NFL draft under the current CBA cover four years with a choice for teams to pick up the fifth-year option, extending the rookie contract one season. Teams want offset language included in case they decide to cut a player in his fourth season. Without offset language, the player is entitled to all of the money his original team was supposed to pay in his fourth season, and he can sign a new contract with another team and also earn all of that money.

A lack of offset language essentially allows a player to double dip and earn money from two teams. If there’s offset language included in the contract, it lets the original team off the hook. Obviously, the Chargers want offset language, and Bosa doesn’t.

The other issue, signing bonus deferment, is very simple. Bosa wants his signing bonus now. The team would prefer to spread it out over time. Bosa’s camp has repeatedly expressed a willingness to compromise and accept either the offset language or the signing bonus deferral, but the Chargers appear unwilling to budge.

Everything I had heard prior to the above was pointed to an "either or" standoff... either the bonus guarantee or the offset. And every top ten(?) pick has received "either or" under the current CBA.

As for his "talent"... SD's judgement was clear. They just did not want to pay the going rate for it.

Just how I see it.

Archived