THE BROWNS BOARD

The media hatred of RG3 seems beyond irrational.

SkippinTurtles

He beat out Luck and Russell Wilson for Rookie of the Year. He carried his team to the playoffs his rookie year limping on one leg. His leg got blown out against the Seahawks in the playoffs that year on a play where he had no backfield protection. He got talked into filming a reality show saying he'd be back Week 1 the next year when he clearly wasn't healthy. Then he gets hurt again and the Redskins kick him to the curb. He seems like a special talent. Protect him and I think he has the potential to be dominant.

True, but you have to remember that he was his own worst enemy at times. His dad was in the locker room, he openly criticized the Shanahans.

He's got a fresh start here, and Hue Jackson might be the right coach for him. RG3's interviews so far show a humble guy. I'll admit, I wasn't crazy about the signing initially, but I can't wait to see how he looks. You figure he and the other starters will play the 1st Q Friday night, should be exciting.

I like the fact we didnt give up the draft picks,then!!! We used the extra picks now to give him protection,and weapons! Heres hoping the Defense comes on strong,and keeps us in games! Hue and Co. Should be good for R.G. and vice versa! ?

GO BROWNS!!!

Fuck the media, they don't know what their talking about. Sprinkle in the fact that many times they are told what take their supposed to have on something, and you have people like Stephen A. Smith who are clueless.

I'm with you, RG3 was a supreme talent. His ego was the only thing stopping him. If he accepts that he is a great QB if he plays within a system meant for him, and remains a good teammate and leader here, he's going to be our guy for years to come. He also needs to slide, and avoid hits by learning to throw the ball away.

Remember, we tried to sell the farm for this guy, now we have the same guy, about to be in his prime, who just ate an entire humble pie. Sprinkle in the guru Hue Jackson, a myriad of weapons (Gordon, Coleman, Pryor, Barnidge) and the potential of Crow and Duke, lookout...

Until he proves he can read defenses, and run a complex offense efficiently

at the same time.....

it isn't hate, it's tentative doubt. I hope he lights it up that way, we'll have to wait and see.

There's no "hatred". The media just needs something to talk about, so it creates "controversy" about pointless bullshit and people believe it. There is no "hatred". Just fake "hatred".

Ah- how soon we forget the Johnny media circus. Griffin did decide to cash in pretty early- haven't seen him doing any SubWay commercials lately. :)

True, but you have to remember that he was his own worst enemy at times. His dad was in the locker room, he openly criticized the Shanahans.

He's got a fresh start here, and Hue Jackson might be the right coach for him. RG3's interviews so far show a humble guy. I'll admit, I wasn't crazy about the signing initially, but I can't wait to see how he looks. You figure he and the other starters will play the 1st Q Friday night, should be exciting.

at the same time.....

it isn't hate, it's tentative doubt. I hope he lights it up that way, we'll have to wait and see.

This is where Hue has it right & was upset at Fridays last padded practice. We have to be able to "Run The Rock" period.. There is only so many things you can run without your QB in the pocket reading it..Hue's playbook better grow fast with the defenses we play..

at the same time.....

Well said...

This isn't a politics board.

Discussing objective qualities of a player is neither "irrational" nor "hatred." Rather, it's precisely the opposite.

Today, he sucks - and hasn't shown anything recently to suggest otherwise.

He seems like a special talent.

He's everything but a special talent. YOU are the one with an irrational hatred - of reality.

He beat out Luck and Russell Wilson for Rookie of the Year. He carried his team to the playoffs his rookie year limping on one leg. His leg got blown out against the Seahawks in the playoffs that year on a play where he had no backfield protection. He got talked into filming a reality show saying he'd be back Week 1 the next year when he clearly wasn't healthy. Then he gets hurt again and the Redskins kick him to the curb. He seems like a special talent. Protect him and I think he has the potential to be dominant.

He sucks.

"Everybody is just assuming because of the Heisman and the socks and all that bs... they are ignoring a lot of bad tape that he's had. I don't think he has vision or pocket feel, which to me are the two most important components of quarterbacking. He's just running around winging it. He's [Michael] Vick, but not as good a thrower."—NFL scout

Something put out before he was drafted.

Grif getting a divorce:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/08/robert_griffin_iii_in_the_proc.html

Maybe he'll start dating Coleen.

Zombo

Ouch!.. we dont need him going all JFF on us.. ouch!

Griffin is a top 15 QB. Is he really worse than Cutler or Stafford?

can we let the year play out before we say he's better than either?

he's an upgrade from nothing, that's for sure but that means absofuckinglutely nothing.....cuz we had nothing except a steady backup as a starter the last couple of years.

top 15? yeah his rookie year. anything after that?

nope. didn't think so.

let's just hope he stays healthy so he can be a top 30 QB.

I don't know if he's top anything, but I do know this. He's the best we've had since 1999.

agree.

BUT speaking of the preseason and over-inflated optimism.......just watched colt mccoy do a 360 spin move that broke a jet's DE's ankles and then ran for 15 yards. so......can we slow the roll for a sec and let everyone grasp reality?

agree.

BUT speaking of the preseason and over-inflated optimism.......just watched colt mccoy do a 360 spin move that broke a jet's DE's ankles and then ran for 15 yards. so......can we slow the roll for a sec and let everyone grasp reality?

What I'm sayin mik, it's not going to be a difficult task to out perform our QB play for the last 16 years. I think that is reality. The best we've had up to now is RG III's backup. But time will tell and I am optimistic Griffin can get the job done.

GO BROWNS !!!

Archived