THE BROWNS BOARD

Fantasy Football 2016

Zombo

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a standard scoring that predates me for the leagues? For example its defaulting to 15 yds receiving or rushing for 1pt. Most my leagues are 10 yds. I can commission as is or tweak it to more the norm. Another tweak I would prefer to make is rather than have a WR/TE flex to require one TE on the rosters. There are plenty of TE's these days making it plenty possible. Thoughts?

Is L4 going to be the Defensive Player league again?

jcam?

I sent you an invite for the IDP league. It was not numbered like the others.

To all who played in Brownsboard V and / or Brownsboard IDP points league: I have sent all invites. Because they all show auto renew I have asked via a league message on each for confirmation you plan on playing in each. I asked that you confirm on the message board for the respective league. For any that remain unconfirmed by Tuesday the 23rd I will remove the team and recruit new players.

For Brownsboard V I have the draft set for Sunday September 4th at 10am

I plan on setting the draft for the IDP points board to Sunday August 28th for 10am. I HIGHLY recommend you draft live as the auto draft is terrible for IDP.

Any questions PM me. If you have interest in filling a spot that may be vacated feel free to PM me with your Brownsboard name and email address along with the league that interests you.

Is there a standard scoring that predates me for the leagues? For example its defaulting to 15 yds receiving or rushing for 1pt. Most my leagues are 10 yds. I can commission as is or tweak it to more the norm. Another tweak I would prefer to make is rather than have a WR/TE flex to require one TE on the rosters. There are plenty of TE's these days making it plenty possible. Thoughts?

We've got a WR/TE flex spot and 15 yards per point in League One. We have tried over the years to get everybody on the same page, because then we can declare an overall winner among the champions based on who had the most total points ... but that never worked out, commishes would always tweak a few things ... so feel free to tweak, if the majority of your league is on board.

Z

We played league 4 last year with standard scoring and rosters and everybody was cool with it.

Next to a team if it says "joined via renew", does that mean they did something to accept or is it just an auto thing?

It's an auto thing. I would post a roll call message in your league and see who's actually in board.

Z

You don't need to bother these good people over Fantasy Games Tour. What else? You going to get them some dungeons and dragons dice too? :). :)

Never played D&D... but have done some other "role playing"... (Where did that maid go?)

But have to defend my League 1 Championship and League 5(?) Bronze...

bbedward, I have know idea why I can't get your post to show up in my reply but I got your PM and I sent you an invite the way you requested. That makes league 3 able to draft with at least 8 teams. I'm used to 12 but as long as we have an even amount we're good to go. Now, if anyone else is looking for a league I still have 4 spots since it looks like a team from last season won't be joining league 3 again.

bbedward, I have know idea why I can't get your post to show up in my reply but I got your PM and I sent you an invite the way you requested. That makes league 3 able to draft with at least 8 teams. I'm used to 12 but as long as we have an even amount we're good to go. Now, if anyone else is looking for a league I still have 4 spots since it looks like a team from last season won't be joining league 3 again.

I'm signed up now, thanks.

I'd like to join, can you send me an invite

OK, let's put a summery together here:

League One

Commissioner: Zombo

12 Confirmed teams

0 Openings

Ready to GO

Live Draft Monday, September 5 @ 7:15 pm EDT

League Two

Commissioner: Browns 57?

?? Confirmed Teams

?? Openings

Ready to GO??

Live Draft???

League Three

Commissioner: Heidi

9 Confirmed teams

3 Openings

Almost ready to GO

Live Draft August 27th at 7:00 pm EST

League Four

Commissioner: Flying J

9 Confirmed teams

3 Possible Openings

Almost Ready to GO

LIve Draft Unscheduled

League Five

Commissioner JCam

6 Confirmed Teams

1 Opening for now

Not Ready to GO

Live Draft Sunday September 4th 10:30 AM

Commissioners, please add any info that you can, especially openings.

Z

Right now league 4 actually has 9 confirmed. I'll be sending reminders today for the 3 teams I haven't heard of then I'll give em 2 days before filling their spots

OK< I updated.

Z

Zombo, when CLEVELandMILIDH joins that'll give league 3 9 teams. I sent the other team another reminder a few days ago but I think he's a no show so I'll need one more for the league to be able to draft and can fit a total of 3 more for a dozen. PLUS if I need to change the draft time or day I'll need to know if anyone needs that adjustment. And I still can't reply with quotes here which is making it difficult ugh. I can only reply to the topic. Annoying.

OK, let's put a summery together here:

League One

12 Confirmed teams

0 Openings

Ready to GO

League Two

?? Confirmed Teams

?? Openings

Ready to GO??

Live Draft???

League Three

9 Confirmed teams?

3 Openings?

Almost ready to GO

League Four

9 Confirmed teams

3 Possible Openings

Almost Ready to GO

LIve Draft Unscheduled

League Five

Commissioner is Jcam

Confirmed Teams - 6 at present

Openings - With only 9 teams last year we have an immediate opening for 1, The other openings will be posted next Tuesday

Ready to GO - no

Live Draft - Live Draft Scheduled for Sunday September 4th 10:30 AM

Commissioners, please add any info that you can, especially openings.

Updates for league five above. I expect there will be a few opening. Still waiting on confirmations from DanielD, Graham Crackers and 121 Watts.

I also am running a points league again that includes IDP. I expect there to be openings as well. Draft will likely be Saturday the 3rd 10am. If you have not played with IDP before you should check it out, It adds a whole additional aspect.

League One

12 Confirmed teams

0 Openings

Ready to GO

League Two

?? Confirmed Teams

?? Openings

Ready to GO??

Live Draft???

League Three

9 Confirmed teams

3 Openings

Almost ready to GO

League Four

9 Confirmed teams

3 Possible Openings

Almost Ready to GO

LIve Draft Unscheduled

League Five

Commissioner JCam

6 Confirmed Teams

1 Opening for now

Not Ready to GO

Live Draft Sunday September 4th 10:30 AM

Just a couple IDP notes...

Edit: Not League 5 as previously posted...

It's the only one where individual defensive players are drafted as opposed to team defenses in the other leagues. Really adds to the draft process...

Also the only one that is a "Points League" where instead of weekly head-to-head pairings determining wins & losses your cumulative points determine weekly standings. Relatively boring early, but really gets interesting late as the races take shape.

It's a great choice for a 2nd league...

Just a couple league 5 notes...

It's the only one where individual defensive players are drafted as opposed to team defenses in the other leagues. Really adds to the draft process...

Also the only one that is a "Points League" where instead of weekly head-to-head pairings determining wins & losses your cumulative points determine weekly standings. Relatively boring early, but really gets interesting late as the races take shape.

It's a great choice for a 2nd league..

Actually Tour, League V is the standard settings Head to Head. I have the separate league for the IDP

Actually Tour, League V is the standard settings Head to Head. I have the separate league for the IDP

Well... nevermind... I'll correct the post.

No number for the IDP then?

Well it's looking like we're gonna drop 3 players in league 4. We played with 12 last year, but if need be we'll reduce to 10 this year. So right now we need one player to fill the league and then we'll try and get two more if people need a league. Draft will be Tuesday the 6th at 6 pm est

IDP league Update

It is very obvious to me that we will need players for the league I ran with individual defense last year. As Tour explained its a cumulative points league as well. It really is pretty fun to play IDP as a second league. Picking guys getting points for tackles, tackles for loss, sacks , int etc adds a very cool facet for football. Please PM me if you are interested. I am guessing we will have at least 4 openings.

Archived