THE BROWNS BOARD

Michael Silver

LondonBrown

Hue's friend that's reporting live from Berea for NFL Network this week says the Browns have contacted at least four teams in the top eight about moving up.

What's the purpose of the Browns leaking this?

I think this is pretty common. Teams almost always poke around to see what costs are, and also to throw shade on what they're really trying to do. Browns have to do their due diligence to gauge the cost of moving up, not only for a potential QB, but also for other positions. Say a player on the Browns's board is listed at #3, but we're at pick 6 and that guy is still available. Browns front office and coaching might say it's worth the cost of trading up in order to get such a perceived talent, and they want an idea of exactly what that would cost. I would guess most teams are making similar calls.

Yeah the calls are not the surprise what surprised me is Silver saying on twitter that Trubisky is the target. The only way to guarantee a specific player would be to get to number two so if they're gauging what it takes to get up at numerous spots in the top eight then surely more than one player is on their mind as a target

... due diligence...

Two words... plus in making the inquiries you try to get a sense of what towards which prospects the teams you are contacting are leaning.

... except for: "The 2017 NFL Draft happens about two weeks later than it should..."

Given all the late-breaking news, not to mention the time it takes to run the teats that generates most of that "news", it's hard to see the time shortened.

Hue's friend that's reporting live from Berea for NFL Network this week says the Browns have contacted at least four teams in the top eight about moving up.

What's the purpose of the Browns leaking this?

If we did.

The purpose could be to keep the trade terms to a minimum. Multiple teams are looking to trade down. The demand is to move down, not move up. Play off of that demand so we don't have to spend as many picks to make the move up.

have to study all options to make the right decisions. If I identified three or four players I

really wanted...

and I wanted to get at least two of them...

it would be garrett, howard, Trubisky and Hooker in the top ten.

Garrett and Howard are the immediate impact game-changers.

Howard...saw on tv that one of his training methods is weight flipping.

Yeah, he takes these weights - 30-50 lbs? and he holds them in one hand,

and flips them around, catching it with the same hand. Looked like a big

weight to me to be flipping. ... outside of Trubisky, my favorite player

in the first round is O.J. Howard. Okay, he's tied with Hooker....

One more day...

What I dont understand is why the Browns would make it public that they want Trubisky so early. Why not keep it to yourself? This way no team can pretend they want him as well. after the frst pick, all teams can pretend they are interested in him, when in reality, not one of them are really interested. I don't think they are really interested in him at all. Not sure who they really are, but its not him.

Howard...saw on tv that one of his training methods is weight flipping. Yeah, he takes these weights - 30-50 lbs? and he holds them in one hand,and flips them around, catching it with the same hand. Looked like a big weight to me to be flipping.

:o Here's my call to him if we've just written down his name at 12.

"Hello, OJ? Congratulations... you're now a Brown. And no more fucking weight flipping unless you can run routes with one foot in a cast."

Archived