THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Board Draft ..... Players Picked By Teams

darren15

My thoughts on my drafts is I thought my Titans draft was better than my Buccs one

Agree... but you set high bar with your TN work. Great first round, there... and solid throughout with the possible exception of McDermott, who I think is a stiff.

And it's not as if your TB draft sucked... at the top is both talented and need-meeting. The value at the bottom is just not as high.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha it's the #6 pick that I can't get past !!

And understandably so... QBs picked, or passed over, will be the primary source of controversy this draft.

In my case... I keep coming back to Watson as the top prospect in this draft because I do not see "49 mph" when I watch his tape.

And understandably so... QBs picked, or passed over, will be the primary source of controversy this draft.

In my case... I keep coming back to Watson as the top prospect in this draft because I do not see "49 mph" when I watch his tape.

I've really fallen for Kizer now, I see flashes an traits in him you don't see often. Can accuracy be improved, I believe so with a coach that helps you set your feet etc.

I like San Fran ....... I like my first 5 Titans picks but the last 2 were meh .....I took BPA with Buccs then addressed their RB and Safety needs....other 3 picks were average at best

Would be thrilled with the Browns first 6 picks

So I done good as our GM? :) Please let Sashi know...

I really could not believe the way the top eleven picks went. I mean 2 RBs and 2 WRs? Plus a couple of Edge I don't see that high...

They are all really good players and most filled significant needs for the teams that took them, but to leave Thomas, Hooker, Foster, Reddick and Howard on the board? It was just mind-boggling. I was like the proverbial kid in a candy-store. By far it was the toughest pick I made and I knew it would be the most controversial. I mean every position represented was a "need" for us. In the end BPA ruled this pick.

Much of my 90-minute delay in posting the pick was spent looking closer at Solomon Thomas as I'd not looked hard at him thinking he'd be gone by pick #4. What I saw quickly confirmed everything the profiles, rankings and mocks were saying: that he was a top three talent in this draft. So I could not pass him by... even with Ogbah around... even with Nassib's promise... even with Garrett in my pocket.

Knew Thomas' pick would draw scrutiny, if not outright criticism... and that's not even considering the Trubs-or-bust devotees, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

In the end I kept asking myself, "Would I want to be a QB facing a Garrett - Sheldon - Bryant - Thomas DL?"

That plus the old... Front2Back&InsideOut...

CLEVELAND BROWNS

Myles Garrett- DE

Soloman Thomas - DE

Budda Baker FS

Josh Jones - SS

Sidney Jones - CB

Tyus Bowser - OLB

Shaquill Griffin - CB

Taywan Taylor - WR

Jamar Williams - RB

CJ Beathard - QB

Robert Davis - WR

No Tight end? No QB in first two days? Tsk Tsk.

Zombo

Time you learned to appreciate Defense... and/or draft discipline...

My fall back QB (Kelly) and both my fall back TEs (Butt and Kittle) were both taken very shortly before the pick where I had them penciled in.

Time you learned to appreciate Defense... and/or draft discipline...

My fall back QB (Kelly) and both my fall back TEs (Butt and Kittle) were both taken very shortly before the pick where I had them penciled in.

I think I have a good grasp of defense and draft discipline.

What I don't get is an NFL team deciding to stay pat with Brock Cockwhistler and Cody Concussler

Zombo

Because there isn't a pro bowl QB in every draft?

Reaching is the worst thing we could do

If you don't have a QB, reach for one.

There are not pro Bowlers every year at #12 or #33 at any position.

If we don't trade for someone like Garappolo or Cousins, and we don't take a stab at one of the highest rated QBs ... that would make us a gay organization.

We're going after a QB.

Zombo

Please keep this here until after the draft so we can compare the real draft to ours

If for some reason they need to set it adrift with the others, I have a link in my sig to the Round One OP and it has links to all the threads associated with this draft.

I have some spare time coming up would anyone be interested in me making a google doc spreadsheet with all our mock picks on it by round, will also update it with real time picks as much as I can as the real draft plays out.

I have some spare time coming up would anyone be interested in me making a google doc spreadsheet with all our mock picks on it by round, will also update it with real time picks as much as I can as the real draft plays out.

Sure... just be sure google doc sheets are "postable"... every time I've tried to post other spreadsheets I get a "don't have permission to do that" message.

From a SB nation mock draft, another kid from Ohio besides OHIO STATE and a reason why my Alma Mater Youngstown State made the 1-AA championship game......

31. Atlanta Falcons: Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State

If Atlanta hopes to make another Super Bowl run, it needs its young defense to play more like it did late in the year in 2016. Adding more talent would help it get there, and Rivers is the type of edge rushing talent that fits perfectly at the LEO position in Dan Quinn’s defense.

Yeah big homer pick for me.

• 2 weeks later...

CLEVELAND BROWNS

Myles Garrett- DE

Soloman Thomas - DE

Budda Baker FS

Josh Jones - SS

Sidney Jones - CB

Tyus Bowser - OLB

Shaquill Griffin - CB

Taywan Taylor - WR

Jamar Williams - RB

CJ Beathard - QB

Robert Davis - WR

Zombo

how did Thomas fall to 12

CLEVELAND BROWNS

Myles Garrett- DE...check

Soloman Thomas - DE.....NYET

Budda Baker FS

Josh Jones - SS

Sidney Jones - CB

Tyus Bowser - OLB

Shaquill Griffin - CB

Taywan Taylor - WR

Jamar Williams - RB

CJ Beathard - QB

Robert Davis - WR

Sure, they could still take some of these. Take Beathard in round 6...and he becomes the next Tom Brady? Why not?

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Haason Reddick- DE----LB CHARLES HARRIS

Adoree Jackson - CB----LB RAEKWON MCMILLAN

Dalvin Tomlinson - DT---CB CORDEA TANKERSLEY

Connor Harris - ILB------G ISAAC ASIATA

Michael Roberts - TE----DT DAVIN GODCHAUX

Damien Mama - OG-----DT VINCENT TAYLOR

Zane Gonzales - K------WR ISAIAH FORD

Bug Howard - WR------lost in trade somewhere

NEW YORK GIANTS

Christian McCaffrey RB-----TE EVAN ENGRAM

Deshone Kizer - QB--------- DT DALVIN TOMLINSON

Gerald Everett - TE----------QB DAVIS WEBB

Zach Banner - OT------------RB WAYNE GALLMAN

Ben Gedeon - ILB------------DE AVERY MOSS

Tanzel Smart - DT-----------OT ADAM BISNOWATY

Jake Elliott - K-----------------lost in trade somewhere

Actual to right..Zomb0 nails true value of Kizer as a 2nd Rounder. Our pick was 55,Went at 52.(something about Irish & Green Beers ;))..The Gum Man sticks Dalvin Tomlinson on the wrong Team..them damn scouts came to wrong office..

From a SB nation mock draft, another kid from Ohio besides OHIO STATE and a reason why my Alma Mater Youngstown State made the 1-AA championship game......

31. Atlanta Falcons: Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State

If Atlanta hopes to make another Super Bowl run, it needs its young defense to play more like it did late in the year in 2016. Adding more talent would help it get there, and Rivers is the type of edge rushing talent that fits perfectly at the LEO position in Dan Quinn’s defense.

Yeah big homer pick for me.

Oh to finish my homerish pick Rivers went 3rd round #83 to NE their 1st pick and a steal plus the highest Penguin since Jaws Jaworski 2nd #37 in 1973 back in my YSU undergrad days, oh I'm almost exactly 6 months older than Ron.

And YSU DE Avery Moss went to the NYG 5th round #167, first set of drafted Penguins ever.

See what Pelini as coach and a trip to the D-1-AA Championship Game will do for you.

Archived