THE BROWNS BOARD

R.I.P. Gregg Allman

Little extra helping of sad with this one...

Gotta spin a little Fillmore East tomite....

Ain't but One Way Out, Gregg.... and we all go out that door...

Gregg Allman, Influential Force Behind the Allman Brothers Band, Dies at 69

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/27/arts/music/gregg-allman-dead-allman-brothers-band.html?_r=0

my nod to a great soulful singer RIP Greg Allman

... not to mention an great B3 player...

Alluded to it earlier... here's my fav ABB track...

Kind of brings home the reality of us older guys. Never know when the reaper will come calling.

I thought about that when Bowie passed away. One of the first concerts I ever went to was David Bowie in 74. I went with 4 other friends who have all since passed away and now Bowie himself.

I thought about that when Bowie passed away. One of the first concerts I ever went to was David Bowie in 74. I went with 4 other friends who have all since passed away and now Bowie himself.

Beat you by a couple years... sadly it was the only time I ever saw Bowie.

I probably would have liked it better seeing Bowie a few years earlier. I wasn't really prepared for the type of show he had in 74. For one thing the band was hid behind a curtain and it pretty much was a one man show. I missed seeing the band. One thing though I thought was cool was when Bowie came out hovering above the crowd in some kind of hydraulic chair and it stopped right under me and I was probably only about 15 feet away looking up at him when he was singing Major Tom.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived