THE BROWNS BOARD

Peckers hold out

Westside Steve

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pardon the apparently dumb question...

but how can he sign with another team if he's still under a four year contract with the Browns?

lol

?

Peppers seems so intriguing but he's a tweener. He'd be better off being a typical player at a position rather than being able to play multiple positions. The only way to be versitile in the nfl is to be able to hold your drafted position and play special teams and this is why I didn't like him being picked so high.

Pardon the apparently dumb question...

but how can he sign with another team if he's still under a four year contract with the Browns?

Recent history should answer that one.....Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo......

If he's cut(Manziel)......we dont want to pay him......and if he's traded away for a throw away pick(Mingo, Gilbert) we dont want to carry the guaranteed part of the salary.....(which is what often happens when trying to get another team to take your problems ala Osweiler)

Peppers seems so intriguing but he's a tweener. He'd be better off being a typical player at a position rather than being able to play multiple positions. The only way to be versitile in the nfl is to be able to hold your drafted position and play special teams and this is why I didn't like him being picked so high.

It is a little strange drafting someone in the first, when you dont even know for certain what position he'll play.....Im sure the Browns had some ideas on how they plan to use him, but even they have said "let's see what he can do, then we'll determine where to play him"......

The MKC's landmine season started Tuesday. Pumping Kizer as the starter already. Uffff. Espn fired some good football people. Ed Werner, I'd fly you to the doors of ClevelandPlainDealer :o. Peppers has already went against his agent once. Signing the NFL participation Agreement. Should last thru camp but Only protects as a injury waiver. yes a day late.. but to do so, Peppers had to supply a drug test sample. Peppers agent for damn sure will make this issue all about their guaranteed money up front. Pushing injuries happen, but we all should know it's all about a so called gifted kid allowed as Dual Combine Participant in his agent eyes. But starting off at Stage 1 of the NFL drug policy weighs heavy towards Browns FO.. Stay tuned but The Deal Will Get Done..Edit--Cal google up Greg Robinson to lions or Johnathan Cooper from Zona to Pats to us..It's like cap money Hot Potato :lol: also Pep has to sign a 4 yr. deal before he has any deal.. he could just sit out a whole year?.but.The antzie kid could only make it 1 day at OTA's

Recent history should answer that one.....Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo......

If he's cut(Manziel)......we dont want to pay him......and if he's traded away for a throw away pick(Mingo, Gilbert) we dont want to carry the guaranteed part of the salary.....(which is what often happens when trying to get another team to take your problems ala Osweiler) Mud

ah. I figured I was asking a dumb question. lol

ah. I figured I was asking a dumb question. lol

Not really......plus, I did a lil extra research and got a good explanantion on the offset language.....

So....lets use Manziel, since he was cut after 2 years.....and lets say he was contractually owed 4 mill a year, which we have to keep paying him......then he signs with another team for 2 mill.....

With "offset" language, we would only have to pay him 2 mill(the difference bnetween the 2 contracts).......w/o offset, we would still pay him 4 mill, plus he would get the 2 mill from his new team.....MEANING.....getting cut and then signed by someone else allows him to collect from both teams, which would earn him 6 mill a year....

Doesnt seem right......so the browns dont want to pay him if another team signs him.....and Peppers thinks they should.....

ah. without the offset language then, it's double your money if you get cut...and you get double paid with the additon

of the second team contract.....

Maybe the NFL should just establish offset language as the contractual standard for the entire NFL.

seems dumb to have coaches? and players paid by two different teams at the same time... Unless Peppers

was a mistake, he should fire his agents and forget the prima donna no-offset advantage. I know it's

"a business"... but it seems like a player who is only all about sitting around and making more and more big money..

isn't a player I'd want on my football team.

We'll see how it plays out - could be Peppers has family matters to tend to, so the delay is manufactured in

the meantime... ? He needs to get on board, can't wait to see him play in Williams' schemes.

Yeah let's hope he doesn't pull a Bosa

So far, he's pulling the dick head part off pretty well......so lets hope he accomplishes the great player part too...

I do believe Bosa was DROY........so, we shall see......

As an aside.....is Bosa stage one in the league drug program too?

All I'm doing is reminding everyone that Boss, a Buckeye, held out a damn long time. Compare and contrast the two situations all you like. Just providing the reminder

Ahhh.....but no one needs a reminder......cause no one but you cares......fuck Bosa....(see how easy I did that?)...

I dont see anyone defending him like you do Peppers.....and didnt see it last year when he was holding out....and I dont see anyone knocking him "cause of Michigan".....yet I DO see you making it all about where he and Bosa originated

But, since they are football players and we come here to talk football ( and NOT what college players come from).....I will remind you that Bosa is a damn good player......won DROY.....and kicks ass on the field(which is the ONLY thing that matters)....

So....lets hope your boy does the same.....and if he sucks, I aint gonna say it was because he's a Michigan guy....Ima say he sucks at football....but YOU will take it personally, because it's ALL about 'where" he played....not "how" he played....

And I am 100% certain.....100% 100%....that if Peppers was an OSU guy, you wouldnt think he was anything special.......and wouldnt be on here touting him up.....

And if BOSA was a Michigan guy....you'd think he was god......

I was very happy we drafted Peppers. I loved watching him in college. I'm happy we have a Michigan guy on our team.

I have not made any wild predictions about what he'll accomplish because he's from Michigan. I have not talked him up to be a sure fire hall if famer because he's from Michigan.

There are OSU fans on here who completely lose all common sense when Michigan is part of the subject at hand. When i say "Peppers is very good returner" they lose their shit because of what they perceive as my obvious, overwhelming bias. The same posters the will repeatedly just say "fuck Michigan" in the cfb thread regardless of context. The same posters that were devastated and angered with didn't take the buckeye, Hooker.

They can deny that as they see fit, and probably will, but I'm around OSU fans enough to know the difference.

I don't want to make this about the school, but i also know the history of posts on here from certain people. I know the school Peppers played for will affect how some fans view him. Because of that, I'm using the buckeye, their guy, for some context.

Now maybe I'm not describing you. Great. I'm happy you can look at this from an unbiased viewpoint. But sadly that clearly isn't everyone. And because of that, i need to provide the OSU / Michigan context here

If its over offset language I bet they get this deal done before the end of July..

Peppers and his camp doesn't want the negative attention that goes around players who hold out for deals, especially since he is a rookie, and needs to learn the speed and recognize offensive formations and plays at the NFL level.

Still a month away, I wouldn't go getting our underwear soiled over something that isn't really a big deal..

There are OSU fans on here who completely lose all common sense when Michigan is part of the subject at hand. When i say "Peppers is very good returner" they lose their shit because of what they perceive as my obvious, overwhelming bias. The same posters the will repeatedly just say "fuck Michigan" in the cfb thread regardless of context. The same posters that were devastated and angered with didn't take the buckeye, Hooker.

But I dont see that here on the BROWNS board....so lets leave it for the CFB board.....k?

I don't want to make this about the school, but i also know the history of posts on here from certain people.

Yet you constantly do......hence your history too....(and on this thread, for example)

Great. I'm happy you can look at this from an unbiased viewpoint.

And, if you could, we would have a LOT less Mich/OSU debate here on a "BROWNS" board.......has it ever dawned on you that this is OSU country?.....and OSU's greatest rival is Michigan?.....yet you seem appalled by folks favoring OSU?.....

But sadly that clearly isn't everyone. And because of that, i need to provide the OSU / Michigan context here

And you clearly fit in that group and cant seem to be unbiased.... there is ZERO reason to have OSU MICHIGAN debates on a Browns board....

Go Back to the college boards....cause we wouldnt be discussing it here if YOU were able to keep yer trap shut.....aint NO ONE above talking Michigan crap about Peppers or his hold out.....

I know...recently....I suggested he was a tad bit prima donna ish......and who freaked?.....and why?......(college bias)

Yeah let's hope he doesn't pull a Bosa

Exactly. Bosa wasn't drafted by the Browns though so it makes less difference to us. On the other hand my boy Brady Quinn was drafted by the Browns and held up which I think hurt the team and his career. And pisssed me off greatly.

WSS

By the way Woodrow I was happy enough that they drafted Peppers I don't care that hes from Michigan And I hope the gamble of passing of Hooker pays off. On the other hand if he screws over the team he can fuck himsself like any other player from any other University.

WSS

Puhleeze lets not lose sleep over our new return man on special teams...

THIS is the way of the Browns Mah Nikkaz! A meaningless player. We have a team with a jackoff head coach, no QB, no Wrs, no TEs and a very shallw RB corps, and these fucktards are studying to be contract experts for a fucking guy who is a punt returner.

Exactly. Bosa wasn't drafted by the Browns though so it makes less difference to us. On the other hand my boy Brady Quinn was drafted by the Browns and held up which I think hurt the team and his career. And pisssed me off greatly.

WSS

Well even outside of the OSU connection, they have the same agent

Some agent that thinks he can get everything for the player apparently

Well even outside of the OSU connection, they have the same agent

....and some players that hire him because they want everything....apparently....

THIS is the way of the Browns Mah Nikkaz! A meaningless player. We have a team with a jackoff head coach, no QB, no Wrs, no TEs and a very shallw RB corps, and these fucktards are studying to be contract experts for a fucking guy who is a punt returner.

We're all set. We have Gregg Williams (pronounced Will I ams).

If its over offset language I bet they get this deal done before the end of July..

Dunno... The #1's that book-ended Peppy in our draft both accepted their offset clauses. That would tend to dig our FO in deeper.

But I dont see that here on the BROWNS board....so lets leave it for the CFB board.....k?

I don't want to make this about the school, but i also know the history of posts on here from certain people.

Yet you constantly do......hence your history too....(and on this thread, for example)

Great. I'm happy you can look at this from an unbiased viewpoint.

And, if you could, we would have a LOT less Mich/OSU debate here on a "BROWNS" board.......has it ever dawned on you that this is OSU country?.....and OSU's greatest rival is Michigan?.....yet you seem appalled by folks favoring OSU?.....

But sadly that clearly isn't everyone. And because of that, i need to provide the OSU / Michigan context here

And you clearly fit in that group and cant seem to be unbiased.... there is ZERO reason to have OSU MICHIGAN debates on a Browns board....

Go Back to the college boards....cause we wouldnt be discussing it here if YOU were able to keep yer trap shut.....aint NO ONE above talking Michigan crap about Peppers or his hold out.....

I know...recently....I suggested he was a tad bit prima donna ish......and who freaked?.....and why?......(college bias)

I'll respond hopefully only one more time, because it don't see this going anywhere.

It does exist on this board, it just doesn't seem out of place. I'll give you it doesn't happen as much. But those posters don't drop their bias when entering this board over the others. It doesn't disappear.

I don't constantly make it about the school. But i will constantly defend my team. There's a difference

The debates don't happen because I'm the biased one. The debates happen because i defend Michigan. And yes i understand this is OSU country. You're basically saying it is my fault because i don't just let the anti Michigan bias happen. How dare i respond and attempt to set the record straight.

Show me where I'm being blatantly against OSU. I've been very fair in all of my comments. The norm is just "Go buckeyes fuck Michigan" so if i ever respond with "Well actually, Michigan is good too" then suddenly I'm the one causing all of the problems. I'm the one with the overwhelming bias. I'm the one just attacking the other school. Bull. Shit.

I "freaked"? What? See, this is what I'm talking about. I just told you through all of the info we have on Peppers, from all of his time at Michigan, there was no indication of him being a primadonna. Apparently telling you that you're wrong and explaining why you're wrong is me "freaking".

Literally the third post in this thread is calling him a "University of Michigan slug"..... But you're right, i started it

....and some players that hire him because they want everything....apparently....

Good to see you're being impartial and not presuming anything

No one presuming anything. No one giving him insulting nicknames. Nope.

Whatever woody....read the 3 posts above and tell me you werent presuming the agents motives....whilst disparaging me for presuming the same with Peppers.....when we BOTH know the motives are $$$$.....

The only difference is that you're making it a college thing, instead of realizing we'd bitch about ANYBODY who held out....

It is very clear....

Literally the third post in this thread is calling him a "University of Michigan slug"..... But you're right, i started it

Well, I didnt see you responding to the troll post calling him a slug....I saw you defending Peppers holdout by using Bosa.....

Bottom line.....your defense is "I do it,because they do it".......which, in my world, makes you just as wrong.....keep it up....

Just know that Peppers will be rated "by most of us" based upon his play as a Brown and how he acts as a professional....not because he is a michigan guy(so, it's annoying to have Michigan guy defend his every move just because hes a michigan guy)(seee?)......tho, Im sure and as you claim, many will harrass you about it, because you so easily and quickly respond to it.....guess you just dont realize that your constant defense of Mich causes more pokes at you and Michigan and gives the trolls a woody(.see what I did there?).....and the reason you see it all over the board, is those comments follow you and no one else even notices or cares....

So....carry on....defend away.....cause someone has to care, right?

Archived