THE BROWNS BOARD

Presidential Debate MAGAThread

VaporTrail

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if he was Ed would be on her posting every few minutes.

No I think he's winning - she's ignored some big points he should have pressed her harder on.

I think neither are going to lose their base from the debate, but Trump had everything to gain because he had lower expectations and I think he's held his own very well.

Hillary's sounded like a usual politician with the same talking points. Ignoring Sidney Blumenthal and ignoring the 33,000 deleted emails cover up

- Hillary ignored the DWS and DNC criticism for more Russia fear mongering.

- she lied saying she never called the TPP the gold standard.

- she referred to NAFTA as good again despite saying some years ago it was a mistake

- she said crime in NYC is down but ignored that murders and violent crime is up

- she said Trump's tax plan didn't touch on repatriation and corporate taxes but it has since it came out however long ago last year or whenever.

- she ignored the point of 33,000 deleted emails (that weren't work related and were referred to as a "cover up operation")

- she didn't acknowledge Sidney Blumenthal

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. The media won't fact check her.

Trump could have done better - he needed to press harder in things like her campaign hiring DWS after she stepped down in shame, the immunity deals by the shady FBI investigation, etc.

But it's by no means a loss for Trump unless you believe the media narrative.

And Holt clearly didn't push Hillary at all he brought up one sided questions against Trump like the birther thing but didn't bring up any about Hillary's many questions for example - like the "cover up" thing.

I would rate it a draw. Trump played defense a little too much but some of that was the questions by Lester Holt who never asked Clinton questions about either Benghazi, the deleted emails or the Clinton Foundation. Openings were given to Trump on cyber war where he should have brought up Clinton's private email with top secret emails that were on a system less secure than Gmail.

A draw helps Trump here and I don't see anything tonight that will hurt his momentum.

af2fc036c1e34d2e8f5cce05c5061171.png

:(

lol, is that a real tweet?

My thoughts. Clinton wins this one on decision, no knockout. While Trump dominated time, he didn't use it effectively. Failed to press her on her emails and instead spent too much time explaining himself to her accusations, which was the weakest part of his game in the GOP race. Really missed a golden opportunity when she said "I've met a lot of people you've stiffed." Best response would have been, "I met a lot of women your husband stiffed." That said, Lester was a gigantic pussy of the highest order, maybe even a Bernie level pushover. BBC reports that the questions were favorable to the Democrats, and I completely agree with that. Trump shouldn't expect much differently in the next debate moderated by CNN and ABC reporters.

My thoughts. Clinton wins this one on decision, no knockout. While Trump dominated time, he didn't use it effectively. Failed to press her on her emails and instead spent too much time explaining himself to her accusations, which was the weakest part of his game in the GOP race. Really missed a golden opportunity when she said "I've met a lot of people you've stiffed." Best response would have been, "I met a lot of women your husband stiffed." That said, Lester was a gigantic pussy of the highest order, maybe even a Bernie level pushover. BBC reports that the questions were favorable to the Democrats, and I completely agree with that. Trump shouldn't expect much differently in the next debate moderated by CNN and ABC reporters.

Maybe VT but I think it was closer to a draw. Remember Trump was in a debate not one on one but two on one with Holt as well who pretty much acted as a shill here pretending to be an unbiased moderator. He went after Trump on tax returns and the birther issue but where were the questions about the pay to play Clinton Foundation. Benghazi, emails or other Clinton scandals?.

I agree though the mistake by Trump was playing defense for too long and not pivoting questions and turning them around on Clinton. Since Holt wasn't going to do it he needed to realize he was on his own to bring up the subjects Holt was not asking.

Holt knows who butters his bread and saw what happened to Matt Lauer who did ask Clinton tough questions. The liberal MSM went after Lauer with hammer and tongs for being "too tough" on Clinton. I think Holt was determined that wouldn't happen to him.

Very fair assessment here, although to see some of you guys in denial is hilarious. A career politician should out-debate someone like Trump the first go around so it's really not a big deal. Trump got plenty of chances, he just didn't use them effectively.

Also, are we not going to talk about sniffle gate people!

Archived