THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. investigating secret meetings between Trump campaign and Russians

jbluhm86

odd how "intel officials" (= dems on the intel committee?) won't investigate the

clinton "foundation" and how IT would affect clinton's foreign policy.

just another political attack by harry hitpipsqueak reid.

Misleading headline of the day.

You're better than that Cal.

How is it misleading?

Carter Page has been associated with the Trump campaign since at least last March, when Trump named him as being among the members of his campaign's foreign advisory team.

Page has also been under investigation by the US Intelligence community since at least last March - the same time frame that he began associating with the Trump campaign - for holding secret meetings with high ranking officials in the Russian government, including:

• Igor Sechin, "a longtime Putin associate and former Russian deputy prime minister who is now the executive chairman of Rosneft, Russian’s leading oil company, a well-placed Western intelligence source tells Yahoo News. That meeting, if confirmed, is viewed as especially problematic by U.S. officials because the Treasury Department in August 2014 named Sechin to a list of Russian officials and businessmen sanctioned over Russia’s “illegitimate and unlawful actions in the Ukraine.” (The Treasury announcement described Sechin as “utterly loyal to Vladimir Putin — a key component to his current standing.” At their alleged meeting, Sechin raised the issue of the lifting of sanctions with Page, the Western intelligence source said."
  • Igor Diveykin: "A former Russian security official, Diveykin now serves as deputy chief for internal policy and is believed by U.S. officials to have responsibility for intelligence collected by Russian agencies about the U.S. election, the Western intelligence source said."

So, i'd say that my title is pretty accurate.

How is it misleading?

Carter Page has been associated with the Trump campaign since at least last March, when Trump named him as being among the members of his campaign's foreign advisory team.

Page has also been under investigation by the US Intelligence community since at least last March - the same time frame that he began associating with the Trump campaign - for holding secret meetings with high ranking officials in the Russian government, including:

• Igor Sechin, "a longtime Putin associate and former Russian deputy prime minister who is now the executive chairman of Rosneft, Russian’s leading oil company, a well-placed Western intelligence source tells Yahoo News. That meeting, if confirmed, is viewed as especially problematic by U.S. officials because the Treasury Department in August 2014 named Sechin to a list of Russian officials and businessmen sanctioned over Russia’s “illegitimate and unlawful actions in the Ukraine.” (The Treasury announcement described Sechin as “utterly loyal to Vladimir Putin — a key component to his current standing.” At their alleged meeting, Sechin raised the issue of the lifting of sanctions with Page, the Western intelligence source said."
  • Igor Diveykin: "A former Russian security official, Diveykin now serves as deputy chief for internal policy and is believed by U.S. officials to have responsibility for intelligence collected by Russian agencies about the U.S. election, the Western intelligence source said."

So, i'd say that my title is pretty accurate.

kentucky-t.jpg

Clinton has some ties to a Dutch energy company closely connected to the Kremlin or something.

And questionable ties to Saudis, etc.

Huge stretch to take this nobody that even politico admits was never close to Trump and nobody prominent in Russia's energy industry has heard of and say "Trump campaign has secret meetings with russians"

"This isnt legit at all!"

"Look at this crazy Clinton theory I saw on 4chan!"

That's how it comes off....

I posted an article from politico that explains the only thing thing about it is that Page was horrendously unqualified to be an advisor. They speculate he was a Jeff sessions guy.

Politico is not a particularly right wing source if I say so myself.

Archived