THE BROWNS BOARD

Another case of "loot first, ask questions later" in Charlotte

bbedward

Stuart:

I wouldn't make a blanket statement like that. I have no problem calling anyone black or white sub human who are involved in some of the things done by these thugs in Charlotte such as trying to throw an unconscious photographer into a fire or attacking an innocent person in a parking garage just because of his skin color.

If we are looking for causes I can think of one right off the bat: Obama, Sharpton, the Congressional Black Caucus, and Black Lives Matter.

"They used Trayvon Martin to gin up blacks to go vote for Obama. Then Michael Brown came along and they claimed that he was a gentle giant shot by cops in the back. None of it true. And Freddie Gray and on and on.

Obama, Sharpton, the Congressional Black Caucus, Black Lives Matter, and others have now created a protest monster, a monster that assumes racism where there is none. A monster who believes racist white cops are out hunting down black people.

This is the legacy of Obama."

I would be on board with the "Obama caused this" conclusion but we had race riots well before Obama was ever in office. Hell, most of the people in the ghetto have never turned their TV to the news. They find out there is something they think is egregious then go out and fuck things up. They don't need anyone to work them into a frenzy. They are already looking for a reason.

I would be on board with the "Obama caused this" conclusion but we had race riots well before Obama was ever in office. Hell, most of the people in the ghetto have never turned their TV to the news. They find out there is something they think is egregious then go out and fuck things up. They don't need anyone to work them into a frenzy. They are already looking for a reason.

Why Race Relations Have Gotten Worse Under Barack Obama

"Barack Obama is the most partisan president in our life time and he seems to understand almost instinctively that racial polarization is essential to the Democratic Party’s electoral strategy. (See this essay by Seven Malanga in the City Journal.) In the aftermath of police shootings in St. Paul and Baton Rouge, the president said, “These are not isolated incidents. They are symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system.”

Did those comments cause Black Lives Matter marchers in Dallas to chant “Pigs in a blanket; fry ‘em like bacon”? It certainly didn’t discourage it.

And although the president’s speech in Dallas on Tuesday was supposed to be unifying and conciliatory, he again brought up the totally fraudulent case of Trayvon Martin and had nothing but praise for Black Lives Matter.

All this is being echoed by Hillary Clinton, whose campaign commercials shamelessly mention Trayvon Martin and who now decries “systematic” and “implicit bias” in police departments.

Roughly 90 percent of blacks identify as Democrats. But how can the party ensure that they will stay that way and continue to vote that way? The answer Democrats have chosen is what I call racial politics.

Racial politics is identity politics and that has been a mainstay in the Democratic Party for almost 100 years. People are treated as members of groups and they are encouraged to believe that they are victims of bad behavior by those outside the group. In voting for the Democrats they are encouraged to believe they are getting back at, or protecting themselves from, those who are oppressing them. Identity politics is the politics of division. It is the politics of pitting one group against another. All too often it is the politics of hate.

The national Democratic Party has a stake in the problem, not in its solution. The national news media is only too happy to help meet their needs.

PS. A new study by a team headed by an African American Harvard economist finds there is no bias against black civilians in police shootings. Here are more surprising findings reported by Heather Mac Donald. Also, see her Wall Street Journal editorial yesterday.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johncgoodman/2016/07/14/why-race-relations-have-gotten-worse-under-barack-obama-n2192725

The media calling these "protests" instead of riots is absolutely deplorable too. They're also not covering the attacks, shooting, and attempted murder trying to throw a guy into a fire.

Also they took the "just a guy with a book" narrative and ran with it, making the problem worse.

Then Hillary comes out and speaks "directly to white people" about systematic racism, as if all white people are personally responsible for a black cop shooting an armed black guy.

The real deplorables.

Why Race Relations Have Gotten Worse Under Barack Obama

"Barack Obama is the most partisan president in our life time and he seems to understand almost instinctively that racial polarization is essential to the Democratic Party’s electoral strategy. (See this essay by Seven Malanga in the City Journal.) In the aftermath of police shootings in St. Paul and Baton Rouge, the president said, “These are not isolated incidents. They are symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system.”

Did those comments cause Black Lives Matter marchers in Dallas to chant “Pigs in a blanket; fry ‘em like bacon”? It certainly didn’t discourage it.

And although the president’s speech in Dallas on Tuesday was supposed to be unifying and conciliatory, he again brought up the totally fraudulent case of Trayvon Martin and had nothing but praise for Black Lives Matter.

All this is being echoed by Hillary Clinton, whose campaign commercials shamelessly mention Trayvon Martin and who now decries “systematic” and “implicit bias” in police departments.

Roughly 90 percent of blacks identify as Democrats. But how can the party ensure that they will stay that way and continue to vote that way? The answer Democrats have chosen is what I call racial politics.

Racial politics is identity politics and that has been a mainstay in the Democratic Party for almost 100 years. People are treated as members of groups and they are encouraged to believe that they are victims of bad behavior by those outside the group. In voting for the Democrats they are encouraged to believe they are getting back at, or protecting themselves from, those who are oppressing them. Identity politics is the politics of division. It is the politics of pitting one group against another. All too often it is the politics of hate.

The national Democratic Party has a stake in the problem, not in its solution. The national news media is only too happy to help meet their needs.

PS. A new study by a team headed by an African American Harvard economist finds there is no bias against black civilians in police shootings. Here are more surprising findings reported by Heather Mac Donald. Also, see her Wall Street Journal editorial yesterday.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johncgoodman/2016/07/14/why-race-relations-have-gotten-worse-under-barack-obama-n2192725

Those are just opinions. Saying there are racial disparities in the justice system (debatable at best) is horse shit but race riots occurred well before he came around saying relatively inoffensive political drivel.

The media calling these "protests" instead of riots is absolutely deplorable too. They're also not covering the attacks, shooting, and attempted murder trying to throw a guy into a fire.

Also they took the "just a guy with a book" narrative and ran with it, making the problem worse.

Then Hillary comes out and speaks "directly to white people" about systematic racism, as if all white people are personally responsible for a black cop shooting an armed black guy.

The real deplorables.

Catering to idiots.

Those are just opinions. Saying there are racial disparities in the justice system (debatable at best) is horse shit but race riots occurred well before he came around saying relatively inoffensive political drivel.

I'm old enough to remember the race riots of the 60's. And then there were the Rodney King riots of the 90's. Other riots have preceded Obama but I have never seen race relations this bad ever in my lifetime and I hold Obama responsible for his share of it (not all of it). He has played racial politics for political gain and divided the country along racial lines worse than any president in my lifetime.

It's a vicious cycle, and it's a matter of condoning bad activities. It starts with police officers not murdering people.

See, the thing about a cycle, is that it's cyclic. You can't blame one side more than the other for the bullshit that's going on. There's a fair share of blame all around. The black community has its assholes. The police community has its assholes. Minimizing the number of assholes in both of those groups is what's going to fix things.

I'm old enough to remember the race riots of the 60's. And then there were the Rodney King riots of the 90's. Other riots have preceded Obama but I have never seen race relations this bad ever in my lifetime and I hold Obama responsible for his share of it (not all of it). He has played racial politics for political gain and divided the country along racial lines worse than any president in my lifetime.

Worse than Jim Crow? I think we just get more news about it than we used to. Race relations are definitely fucked but they aren't fire hoses and German Shepherds bad which did occur in the 60s.

Worse than Jim Crow? I think we just get more news about it than we used to. Race relations are definitely fucked but they aren't fire hoses and German Shepherds bad which did occur in the 60s.

We had a civil rights movement in the 60's that did a lot of good in getting rid of Jim Crow laws, ensuring voting rights for all, and dealt with some of the really racist things going on at the time. Since then we have seen many things showing we have come even further along in race relations such as the many black politicians and president today.

The democrats play racial politics using race to gin up the black vote which already is at 90 percent (and they fear losing) so it always making out conservatives to be racists and claiming things are so bad today for blacks when things have gotten much better. They don't ever want to talk about how things have gotten better because it is not good politics and with democrats it is all about politics all the time over anything else including what is best for the country. The racial politics has succeeded in polarizing our country. This was not the dream of Martin Luther King of the 60's but it is a democratic strategy to gin up the black vote.

I'm not saying we cannot do better. Although we have come a long ways in combating racism and discrimination we still need to stamp out discrimination and bigotry wherever it rears it's head but I think a bigger problem in the black community today are broken families, being trapped in crummy inner city schools and high unemployment. Trump has at least addressed two of these (schools and unemployment).

I'm working at a Burger King in the hood. They have an attitude now for real. Wtf did I do? Fuck man I don't even own a gun much less am a cop.

A black woman at 11:58 pm (we close at midnight) orders a original chicken sandwich light on the mayo, straight out the fryer, bun toasted heavily extra lettuce, pickles on the side. Just to be an ass.

I'm working at a Burger King in the hood. They have an attitude now for real. Wtf did I do? Fuck man I don't even own a gun much less am a cop.

A black woman at 11:58 pm (we close at midnight) orders a original chicken sandwich light on the mayo, straight out the fryer, bun toasted heavily extra lettuce, pickles on the side. Just to be an ass.

Closing time is robbery time. Be careful.

You really should get a CCW license and carry a gun for protection.

Closing time is robbery time. Be careful.

I have two more closings at this store. Tonight and tomorrow night then back to days for my final week. I've been leary to say the least mostly because there was a killing a couple of blocks away. An 18 yr old kid shot and killed by another black guy.

I can't.

Is it because of the having a weapon under disability statute? You can file a motion to get relief from having a weapon under disability. When I worked in the court system I had an ex probationer who liked to hunt and wanted his gun privileges back and filed the motion and the judge was about to grant it to him when he saw the guy was originally on probation for drugs and had a couple probation violations for drugs and said he would rule in the guy's favor if he passed a drug screen. He didn't.

Is it because of the having a weapon under disability statute? You can file a motion to get relief from having a weapon under disability. When I worked in the court system I had an ex probationer who liked to hunt and wanted his gun privileges back and filed the motion and the judge was about to grant it to him when he saw the guy was originally on probation for drugs and had a couple probation violations for drugs and said he would rule in the guy's favor if he passed a drug screen. He didn't.

It would be something to look into I guess.

It would be something to look into I guess.

If you decide to do it just check with either an attorney or the county clerk of courts who will guide you through the process. I think you can do this without an attorney with just paying a filing fee with the clerk of courts.

2923.14 [Effective 9/14/2016] Relief from weapons disability.

(A)

(1) Except as otherwise provided in division (A)(2) of this section, any person who is prohibited from acquiring, having, carrying, or using firearms may apply to the court of common pleas in the county in which the person resides for relief from such prohibition.

(2) Division (A)(1) of this section does not apply to a person who has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a violation of section 2923.132 of the Revised Code or to a person who, two or m ore times, has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a felony and a specification of the type described in section 2941.141, 2941.144, 2941.145, 2941.146, 2941.1412, or 2941.1424 of the Revised Code.

( B) The application shall recite the following:

All indictments, convictions, or adjudications upon which the applicant's disability is based, the sentence imposed and served, and any release granted under a community control sanction, post-release control sanction, or parole, any partial or conditional pardon granted, or other disposition of each case, or, if the disability is based upon a factor other than an indictment, a conviction, or an adjudication, the factor upon which the disability is based and all details related to that factor;

Facts showing the applicant to be a fit subject for relief under this section.

© A copy of the application shall be served on the county prosecutor. The county prosecutor shall cause the matter to be investigated and shall raise before the court any objections to granting relief that the investigation reveals.

(D) Upon hearing, the court may grant the applicant relief pursuant to this section, if all of the following apply:

(1) One of the following applies:

(a) If the disability is based upon an indictment, a conviction, or an adjudication, the applicant has been fully discharged from imprisonment, community control, post-release control, and parole, or, if the applicant is under indictment, has been released on bail or recognizance.

( B) If the disability is based upon a factor other than an indictment, a conviction, or an adjudication, that factor no longer is applicable to the applicant.

(2) The applicant has led a law-abiding life since discharge or release, and appears likely to continue to do so.

(3) The applicant is not otherwise prohibited by law from acquiring, having, or using firearms.

(E) Costs of the proceeding shall be charged as in other civil cases, and taxed to the applicant.

(F) Relief from disability granted pursuant to this section restores the applicant to all civil firearm rights to the full extent enjoyed by any citizen, and is subject to the following conditions:

(1) Applies only with respect to indictments, convictions, or adjudications, or to the other factor, recited in the application as the basis for the applicant's disability;

(2) Applies only with respect to firearms lawfully acquired, possessed, carried, or used by the applicant;

(3) May be revoked by the court at any time for good cause shown and upon notice to the applicant;

(4) Is automatically void upon commission by the applicant of any offense set forth in division (A)(2) or (3) of section 2923.13 of the Revised Code, or upon the applicant's becoming one of the class of persons named in division (A)(1), (4), or (5) of that section.

(G) As used in this section:

(1) "Community control sanction" has the same meaning as in section 2929.01 of the Revised Code.

(2) "Post-release control" and "post-release control sanction" have the same meanings as in section 2967.01 of the Revised Code.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/27/charlotte-man-shot-by-police-claimed-was-killer-wife-said-in-court-records.html

Welp

Looks like they rioted and trashed their city over a guy who had previously stabbed his wife and hit his 8-year old kid and was carrying a stolen 9mm handgun without a permit obviously.

Black lives matter, sounds like cops were trying to protect black lives to me.

one post - here's a thought. check your local laws about carrying pepper spray, but

my best thought, is a tactical flashlight. Something small, but very bright, well over 300 lumens,

if you are in a parking lot, you can use it to "blind" an attacker long enough to get away.

but like DH said - she could be viewing how you get ready to close, etc, for future robbery reference.

Mine is 365 lumens, and I think it would stun somebody sightless for a few minutes. Won't be anything

wrong with carrying a super bright, small flashlight.

If any of you have watched the video of Scott's wife/girlfriend's video I'm left thinking that this woman cared more about filming the video than she did of the man's actions and life. Yes, she tries to tell him to "Don't you do it" a few times, but throughout the video she shows no care or concern for him. She doesn't try to plead with him or talk to the police in a way to help them defuse the situation. Rather, she yelling, "Don't you shoot him; He doesn't have a Gun he has a TBI;" and few other things. Then when the man is shot, she is heard saying numerous times, "He better live".

I ask myself, if I was in that situation, what would I be doing. I know that I wouldn't be 20 yards away yelling at people while I recorded the event. Instead, I would be trying to talk with my relative and trying to get them to comply with the officers or I would be trying to talk to the officers to let me help them diffuse the situation.

Then, this woman's husband/boyfriend is shot, and all she can do is say, "He better live, he better live". If I had just witnessed my wife, daughter or son, shot by police, the last thing I would be doing is video taping the events. I would be emotionally distraught to the point that I would potentially be putting my own life at risk to get to my relative.

I see no emotional attachment to Scott at all and I feel that this woman was more concerned about the video than she was his own life. Based on this man's past legal issues, I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted this to happen, but is now using the BLM as a cover for her true intentions.

Archived