THE BROWNS BOARD

Jesus condemned the teachers of homosexuality being ok

calfoxwc

btw, it's spelled "Caesar".

You should consider your all black and white view on the issue as not helping you understand the issue.

I understand the issue perfectly fine. It would appear that your issue is that you have put too much trust in a government and politics when the man you should be following never did.

Tell me why Boyd thoughts are to be laughed at? Give me one good counter point to ANY of those I listed that isn't based on westernized, neo-view of Christianity, instead of "lol".

And I'm not arguing against the design of "Marriage". What I am arguing is that a secular, pagan, view of marriage, held by a government, does nothing on a spiritual plane. I also argue, that faith in a politician to usher in morality, is also idolatry if you think about it, which is what you espouse.

Oh, sorry, spelled Cesar wrong, I suppose that makes the point I'm making void.... right, logically speaking?

Understand, that we are on the same team. I just put no faith in man right this nation. It's not going to happen through politics, Trump, HRC, or any politician.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

men and politics are how we run our gov.

Jesus doesn't run our gov. You're saying we should just follow Jesus and

not take care of our country and our families?

You are rambling like a pothead hippie on lsd. I didn't laugh at Boyd, but rather, laughed at

your saying I'm biased, then using a biased Boyd as your perfect rebuttal.

That the gov honors marriage is not a spiritual thing, sure. But that isn't what you said earlier.

Marriage has it's roots from the beginning in Jewish/Biblical times. The INSTITUTION has spiritual

origins. That doesn't mean only Christians get married. So, with the division of church and state,

why the bleep should the gov interfere with the originally Jewish/Biblical definition of Real Marriage?

That was the point about the civil union. Now, I won't be surprised if you argue back and use

ET, the alien character in the movie, as your proof of having a valid point.

men and politics are how we run our gov.

Jesus doesn't run our gov. You're saying we should just follow Jesus and

not take care of our country and our families?

You are rambling like a pothead hippie on lsd. I didn't laugh at Boyd, but rather, laughed at

your saying I'm biased, then using a biased Boyd as your perfect rebuttal.

That the gov honors marriage is not a spiritual thing, sure. But that isn't what you said earlier.

Marriage has it's roots from the beginning in Jewish/Biblical times. The INSTITUTION has spiritual

origins. That doesn't mean only Christians get married. So, with the division of church and state,

why the bleep should the gov interfere with the originally Jewish/Biblical definition of Real Marriage?

That was the point about the civil union. Now, I won't be surprised if you argue back and use

ET, the alien character in the movie, as your proof of having a valid point.

Why should the government get involved, because we are a post-Christian nation. And I will argue that Boyd is about as unbiased as they come and tries to present information and theology on a very historically based hermeneutic. Still, care to address any of his points?

“For many in America and around the world, the American flag has smothered the glory of the cross" kidds boyd

this generalization is worse than stupid. many in America hate white people because they are black activists.

what is the point? there are a lot of people who think a lot of things.

want to bet that more people are PROUD of their flag than the "many" boyd mentions?

as in, he took a "poll" or what? just nonsense rationalization. You still are all about Daniel. Hitler and the nazis

accrued tremendous wealth, they did it through terrible evil. What the bleep does accruing wealth have to do

with the op?

ANSWER: nothing. but continue to ramble on, you be trippin, i think.

“For many in America and around the world, the American flag has smothered the glory of the cross" kidds boyd

this generalization is worse than stupid. many in America hate white people because they are black activists.

what is the point? there are a lot of people who think a lot of things.

want to bet that more people are PROUD of their flag than the "many" boyd mentions?

as in, he took a "poll" or what? just nonsense rationalization. You still are all about Daniel. Hitler and the nazis

accrued tremendous wealth, they did it through terrible evil. What the bleep does accruing wealth have to do

with the op?

ANSWER: nothing. but continue to ramble on, you be trippin, i think.

I believe the point being made is that many Christians, have taken to political activism, to the point that they have elevated a political idea to that of the Kingdom of God. All you have to do is look at facebook for an example, or your thread as an example of this. I have many friends that think Christianity=Republican. This is clearly seen within the streams of social media.

Granted, a good portion of Christian principles are seen within conservative-ism, but this hardly equates the two. I believe if you were to ask many Christians what is more important God or Country, most would say God. But, is their social interactions representative of this, for many, I see the opposite and agree with Boyd's sentiment. But there are many who might say that they are just as equal.

Understand, that as Christians, we are disciples of Christ. What was His example? Also, think about what was his RIGHT? He could have done whatever he wanted, but he chose not to overthrow Rome. He chose not to establish a throne on earth. It was His right, but as Christ said, my Kingdom is not of this world. If the kingdom is not here, why should Christians be so vigilant in trying to fight a political war? That's not what Christ did, and that is Boyd's.

I think Christians serve this world and the Kingdom better by serving people. What would be better, Christians being seen helping, serving, giving to those in need or yelling "Jesus Said Homo's are wrong and should Die". Not saying you can't believe that, because homosexuality is not part of God's design. But the way our world is progressing, perhaps a better battle would be to fight poverty, hunger, social injustice, etc.,

you've gone off the deep end. You are equating Christian dominance rule in gov with being

a "Christian nation".

Let's back the silliness up, and define terms.

Christian nation - the majority of Americans are Christian.

According to a 2014 study by the Pew Research Center, 70.6% of the American population identified themselves as Christians, with 46.5% professing attendance at a variety of churches that could be considered Protestant, and 20.8% professing Roman Catholic beliefs.

Levin Admonishes First Lady: 'America is a Majority Christian Nation ...
www.cnsnews.com/.../levin-admonishes-first-lady-america...
CNSNews.com
Jun 17, 2015 - Nationally syndicated radio talk show host Mark Levin admonished First ... an overwhelmingly Christian nation...the most tolerant nation on the ...
Mark Levin: 'Our Rights Do Come From God' - CNS News
www.cnsnews.com/.../mark-levin-our-rights-do-come-go...
CNSNews.com

Feb 13, 2015 - Nationally syndicated radio show host Mark Levin, commenting on Alabama ... around which this nation was founded – that our rights do not come from ..... Law vs. the United States Constitution: The Christian Perspective" at ...

Most of the religious/spiritual people in our gov, are Christians, of one sort or another.

We don't have a Christian gov, because above all else, our Founding Fathers yearned for

FREEDOM from tyranny. As in, no official religion.- the reason for that, is because

of the Church of England, started by... henry the eighth.

Freedom. To make your own decisions, live your life, believe how you believe.

Given the proliferation of Christian churches, full of FREE PEOPLE.... it's foolish to deny

our roots are Christian as a nation.

http://nationalhumanitiescenter.org/tserve/eighteen/ekeyinfo/chureng.htm

As we were founding, so we are, still, today. To bloviate that it isn't true is nonsense. So, basically, we most certainly ARE a Christian naiton from our beginnings as a nation.

Not as an official designation or form of gov, but as a free people who choose how and what we believe in our lives. And the definate, huge majority of us consider ourselves Christian.

All I know is that at the end of days prophecy fortells that 1984 Michael Jackson will return and moonwalk all the righteous to heaven where a kick ass concert will be held for eternity while the religious and other sinners will be left behind listening to nothing bUT Christian and world music and will war over what stupid book is best.

Archived