THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett and Hooker. Why not?

SkippinTurtles

I really don't think Hooker will be there at 12 but they appear to have the potential to go at those picks. The big question is who else in this draft is worth the 1st and 12th pick that everyone would like instead. I really don't see a QB yet that jumps out enough to warrant either of those picks. I would like to upgrade at QB for sure; I am just not sure any of the QBs in this draft are a big enough upgrade to use our 1st or 12th pick on them.

Maybe not #12...but I see one that warrants the #1 pick....as he will not be there at #12.

And I have a pitcher of margarita's riding on that. (that he won't go as late as 12)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far to many options.And a 5th year option on any of these QB's is not one of them. We can't stash them & we can't play them with this pass pro.(right Kess?) But we can run block for 4-5 yrds. per carry as Duke & Crow proved.(crazy).#1 it's Garrett/Allen pend Hue/Gregg....#12--It's what we do,now..Trade it.. for a additional 1st in 18. Even with adding S Tyvis Powell, I still prefer to trade-up #12 to Adams,Hooker or Foster. Imo, we got Powell cuz our FO also see's Adams nor Hooker being around at #12 either.

Fifth year option is not about stashing anyone. It's about if we think a guy is the guy, take him at 32 not 33, for the price of a 6th round pick, get him for another relatively cheap year. It's something like $16m instead of $25m

No one... anywhere?

No one associated with the Browns apparently, either scouts or fans. Somehow the depth of his problem slipped through the filters of people that should have known before selecting him as a 1st rounder.

If Garett benches near 500 than his 225 reps will be record breaking, we shall see....im dubious. I think we're being shined a bit. I have no doubt his bench is closing in on 400 but for comparison sake go look at the roid driven bench presses of some of the pro wrestlers. Some of these guys are ex power lifters and have been lifting for decades and they're not that far ahead of garett.

We usually get these mythical weight room numbers when there's a question about a prospects field strength. "Oh don't worry he incline benches 800 lbs so he's good"

No one associated with the Browns apparently, either scouts or fans. Somehow the depth of his problem slipped through the filters of people that should have known before selecting him as a 1st rounder.

Fair enough. Though I am still of the opinion that he was drafted by the Browns more on the value of his fame than on his value as a future QB.

post-2853-0-61054600-1487955893_thumb.gif

If Garett benches near 500 than his 225 reps will be record breaking, we shall see....im dubious. I think we're being shined a bit. I have no doubt his bench is closing in on 400 but for comparison sake go look at the roid driven bench presses of some of the pro wrestlers. Some of these guys are ex power lifters and have been lifting for decades and they're not that far ahead of garett.

We usually get these mythical weight room numbers when there's a question about a prospects field strength. "Oh don't worry he incline benches 800 lbs so he's good"

Record breaking? Lots of guys max over 500 in college.

Fifth year option is not about stashing anyone. It's about if we think a guy is the guy, take him at 32 not 33, for the price of a 6th round pick, get him for another relatively cheap year. It's something like $16m instead of $25m

let's give up on being cheap when it comes down to QB. It finds Austin Davis/McC&RG3's. The Browns will find another 9 million when & if the next rookie of Derek Carr walks in the door (yes a 2nd rounder)..Maybe Kizer is that guy we move up from 33 to 32 instead of JG. Cause Belicheck still loves Cleveland :lol:

Hooker has the talent to be the best safety in football by the end of his rookie year. As much as I like Garrett, Hooker is the guy who can be a bigger Earl Thomas that makes the defense special. In todays pass happy NFL, taking Hooker at 1 isn't crazy. Garrett is probably going first. I just hope Hooker is there at 12. Forget OSU, Hooker is just a freak of nature that doesn't exist in the NFL. Safeties with his skills and size never come around. Ever.

Hooker has the talent to be the best safety in football by the end of his rookie year. As much as I like Garrett, Hooker is the guy who can be a bigger Earl Thomas that makes the defense special. In todays pass happy NFL, taking Hooker at 1 isn't crazy. Garrett is probably going first. I just hope Hooker is there at 12. Forget OSU, Hooker is just a freak of nature that doesn't exist in the NFL. Safeties with his skills and size never come around. Ever.

I love Hooker, but not at #1. Sorry, that would be crazy. If he is there at 12 I am all over it, but I think he goes anywhere from 3-10.

It just depends on if a few QBs get selected or not at the top of the draft.

Archived