THE BROWNS BOARD

Highest Paid Long Snapper in the NFL

Zombo

http://www.12up.com/posts/4584102-breaking-browns-sign-special-teams-star-to-record-contract?a_aid=40734

LS Charley Hughlett locked up.

I look forward to the takes on the "dumb fucking Browns"

Zombo

LOL, did you see one of the comments on a link Z? "With all the punting the Browns will be doing- a great long snapper is a priority." ;) Details not reported, but the LS with the previous big contract was $1.5 million a year. Means he's making more than all the guys on rookie contracts, and even Greco.

LOL Colquitt is a UFA, should we make him the highest paid punter? He made $1.7 million last year. top punters make $3-4 million.

Wheeeee...

$$ burning a hole in Sashi's pocket...

I look forward to the takes on the "dumb fucking Browns"

Not sure how locking up a LS with whom you are clearly delighted in a likely front-loaded, long-term contract designed to keep years of cap space in tact can be spun as "dumb fucking"...

... but I am sure someone here will figure it out.

Details not reported, but the LS with the previous big contract was $1.5 million a year. Means he's making more than all the guys on rookie contracts, and even Greco.

Ah, but the current highest paid LS made $1,150,029 last season.

http://overthecap.com/position/long-snapper/

It's long snapper not long snapping turtle.

name a damn Ninja Turtle that ever got 6/yrs. for 1.5/yr sweet deal...coach "Do your Job"... player "Coach, I Long snap" EDIT- My grandsons weekend visit will be full of long snapper practice

...and on the other we've got the highest paid long snapper in the league.

...gotta love it.

Chris Tabor has agreed to pay anything over the million when long snapper has no snap--ee to participate....Wait!! There's a flag :P

Zombo, just make a new board where you'll have more autonomy. I've gone through this with an A&M board that started around the same time as this one, and most posters were retained. (And I know you guys have already made a transition or two.)

OK, shoot me for that $350k error. Sportrac and Over the cap don't always agree.

If you insist, but I wasn't questioning the accuracy of your number, which I took to have been a historic high.

Zombo, just make a new board where you'll have more autonomy. I've gone through this with an A&M board that started around the same time as this one, and most posters were retained. (And I know you guys have already made a transition or two.)

Am I missing something here?

The Debbie Downers are OK to whine, I wanna hear from all Browns fans. My original post was the typical Joe Six Pack casual Browns fan, that I get stuck talking to because I am wearing a browns shirt will say something along the lines of "Typical Browns, they have the highest paid long-snapper in the league, but they won't pay for a real QB!"

I think it is a great move. And if it ever becomes a cap issue, you renegotiate or release and sign fresh blood, but it is good to see some continuity and rewarding a guy that is doing his job right.

As far as autonomy ... is full autonomy not enough?

Zombo

Agree Z. This FO takes care of what is in front of it at the time.

1. Need to sign a deal with your LB you traded for (Collins)...done. Next:

2. Need to wrap up a deal with a long snapper...done...Next

3. Need to let go of perceived over the hill vets....cut ties with Tramon and McCown...done....Next.

Eventually the "Next" thing WILL be dealing with the QB situation.....be it drafting one, trading for one, picking up a FA. Just because certain things are a priority does not mean that they should ignore all the other little "tasks" that they have to perform along the way.

In this case the "Next" thing will likely not be the QB issue...but the Terrelle Pryor issue. They have less than two weeks to make a deal with him....or else franchise tag him or let him go. Even then, there may be some minor tasks here or there to conclude in the mean time.

Man, you guys get so caught up in the muck sometimes. The guy may be the longest paid LS but that could be the case with him making $1.2 or $1.3 million dollars. He does not, and will not, EVER matter in regards to salary cap implications down the road. Seriously, when have you ever heard that a LS contract is the reason the an organization has to make financial cuts? The guys a good player and he got a contract to reflect that, it's pretty straight forward.

In fact, it should be encouraging that we've already locked in two of the few good players this team has to deals already in the Collins and Hughlett. Keep the train rolling with TP, and Paztor (IMO) and it's good start to the new year.

Am I missing something here?

The Debbie Downers are OK to whine, I wanna hear from all Browns fans. My original post was the typical Joe Six Pack casual Browns fan, that I get stuck talking to because I am wearing a browns shirt will say something along the lines of "Typical Browns, they have the highest paid long-snapper in the league, but they won't pay for a real QB!"

I think it is a great move. And if it ever becomes a cap issue, you renegotiate or release and sign fresh blood, but it is good to see some continuity and rewarding a guy that is doing his job right.

As far as autonomy ... is full autonomy not enough?

Zombo

Apparently not. Ghoolie is still here. And I thought that's who you were pre-responding to in the OP.

Apparently not. Ghoolie is still here. And I thought that's who you were pre-responding to in the OP.

No ... more of the Debbie Downers and the "Darkside" as we used to call them.

Bitch first and ask questions later crowd.

Ghoolie is on an agenda to troll all Browns fans and make them feel bad about being Browns fans which is a never-ending losing game for him.

Zombo

Archived