THE BROWNS BOARD

Tour's 2016, "Dammit I'm trying to watch this guy, not you", Distraction List

Tour2ma

Been watching tape from 2015 and 2016 on Adoree'. Theme - a physically talented kid, great athlete with fluid movement in feet and hips, light feet, long arms and great potential.

Though I see some work on technique from his second to third year, he is still incredibly raw for the position. Making his bones simply by being a better athlete with great makeup speed.

His discipline in opening up his hips is poor, he lunges with an open stance quite a bit to get jams... not sure who the hell taught him that - and runs high on his receiver more often than not.

But as I said, great makeup speed. When he's in his back-peddle, plants and drives he's able to close quickly to breakup passes and appears to be slightly above average at tackling. He's no Haden in his prime, sure not

Winfield, but he isn't a sissy about it either. Still some room on his frame for a few more quality pounds.

His light feet and hip work are like watching Lattimore. Only he doesn't have the discipline on the underneath stuff and rounds out to path to the receiver when trailing or going for the ball. Though, again, he makes up for that with awesome closing speed. If you go Jackson, be prepared to watch a lot of growing pains and a young man that is going to need to hit the ground running with his position coach. You won't see a lot of fruit from the labor until midway through year 2 at best.

As a return man he's above average, but he has a tenancy to carry the ball sloppy. A couple of times he could have had it poked out but secured it quickly before contact. A few by design, a few by shear luck.

In all honesty I'd compare him to a little smaller Marcus Peter's. He has all the physical traits in the world and the great flip from his hips, but discipline, footwork and film will be where he needs the biggest improvement.

Thanks for the time you put into that.It wasa great analysis.

If he's slated for round 1, I'm weary of his 185 lb frame holding up. It reminds me a lot of Phillip Buchanon who was the same 5-11 height weighing in at about 185 lbs prior to being selected 18th/19th overall out of the Miami Hurricanes. Despite a long career, he never lived up to his first round expectation. He was a liability against the run, remained easy to block and just incompatible with the NFL physics. The only time I watched USC was in the Rose Bowl and Adoree Jackson got injured late in the 2nd half.

I once thought the talent of K'Wuan Williams was a grand theft because he was undrafted. Having said that, the 183 lb corner seemed to constantly get dinged up and leave games early due to injury. He had great cover skills and I loved his willingness to tackle but durability separates the does from the bucks.

I know my 2 cents is only worth 1 cent in this conversation; but I'd rather prioritize Safety at #12 or 33 than any corners under 6' weighing in the 180s. The last time we drafted a Safety in the first round it was Eric Turner who was so freakin good he shutout the best TE in football and go-to guy in NE (Ben Coates) in the last playoff game this franchise won. Just when I thought I'd never see another Safety lay the lumber like Don Rogers - here comes Erock putting an end to that worry. I get the impression Gregg Williams isn't any different than BB in thinking he like to prioritize the middle of the Secondary first especially after Tour shared that article from the OBR. Not only that, but Sean Taylor played some lights out football when he had Gregg Williams as his DC. I think he also changed Malcolm Jenkins from a Cornerback to an NFL Safety where he made 2nd Team All Pro in 2010.

Pretty sure Malcolm made the pro bowl last year as well.

At this moment I'm not sure where I'd take Adoree'. Gut says it isn't the first round though.

Good catch Tia! In addition to his 2nd Team All Pro honor as a Strong Safety in 2010 under Williams - he made the Pro Bowl for Philly in 2015.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000787170/article/exec-combine-will-vault-ashland-te-into-round-1-conversation

Sorry if this has been posted, just heard about this kid. Looking at his highlights he appears very fast and fluid for a tight end. Don't know where I would draft him though.

Archived