THE BROWNS BOARD

Fantasy Football 2012 Style

Browns57

So are we doing another BrownsBoard fantasy football and pickem this year? As many of us stew about, or rejoice in the changes going with our organization players, coaches and teams are getting ready to thrill us every Sunday. The HOF enshrinement and game in beautiful Canton, OH are about to officially kick off the season. Fall and football are just around the corner and I for one am excited for another NFL season and even more excited to see what our Browns can do!

I really said a lot in order to say bring on the fantasy football leagues and the football season. Oh and if you need somebody to commish one of the leagues this year I am in.

Are you ready for some football?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! We already have four leagues set up, I will set up league V and turn it over to you.

If you were in one of Leagues 1-4 last year you should have received an invitation from one of your commishes:

They can all post their settings here and fill in the remaining spots.

My League IV has 8 returning teams and four open spots, si if you want your ass kicked by Zombo, this is the league to join:

League ID#: 9160

League Name: Browns Board IV

Password: beer

Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/brownsboard4

Draft Type: Live Standard Draft

Draft Time: Sat Sep 1 7:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 12

Here is League V, wide open for 12 teams.

Jarrod, join this league and then I will make you commish and bow out. Thanks!

League ID#: 298412

League Name: Browns Board V

Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/brownsboard5

Draft Time: Sat Sep 1 6:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Tried to get in league #4 and got this message:

There was a problem

There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

It doesn't, still says league is full, something about increasing maximum or dropping invited teams.

OK, it is waiting for the invited guys to join ... I will invite the ones that never responded and then open it up...

Z

OK, I re-invited the four holdouts, I will give them til tomorrow, then I will open it up to the public.

In the meantime, league V is wide open...

I also sent a note to the commishes of Leagues I,II, AND III to cancle their remaining invitations and post their league settings here so that others can join.

Z

OK, I re-invited the four holdouts, I will give them til tomorrow, then I will open it up to the public.

In the meantime, league V is wide open...

I also sent a note to the commishes of Leagues I,II, AND III to cancle their remaining invitations and post their league settings here so that others can join.

Z

Make sure to update us tomorrow.

The FF rooms were set early and often....nice work by the board (as usual)

looking forward to it.

(was left out a few seasons back... i quickly got over it while stinking up the joint....humbling for sure)... but know this...

Bermeck's Ky Hicks were bought by a group of office temps from Facebook(inc)... Thier net worth seems to be in question, however, they have agreed to keep this poster-- as President & GM of the Hicks.

Stay tuned... should be interesting.

Bermeck

Independence, Ky

p.s. (what do you know.... my Browns "starting over again"....wow... its freakin sick...just sick... getting that 1999 vibe....sigh) :unsure:

OK, we got one more returner to League IV, I cancelled the other three invitations, so we have three openings. Jump in!

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague

League ID#: 9160

League Name: Browns Board IV

Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/brownsboard4

Draft Time: Sat Sep 1 7:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Is there room for me in one of these leagues?

Just opened some spots in League IV, jump in.

You should be in League 1 with all of us old-timers, Kathy hasn't announced any openings yet though.

That is the original league that has been going for probably close to 15 years now, I think you were in it at one point.

Zombo

You should be in League 1 with all of us old-timers, Kathy hasn't announced any openings yet though.

That is the original league that has been going for probably close to 15 years now, I think you were in it at one point.

Zombo

I don't think Mark is old enough for the old-timers league. Just saying. :rolleyes:

Hey Z, I just joined League 4. Could you boot me out of League 5. My name there is Breaking Bad-Ass.

Removed.

For anybody else who has not yet joined a league, and wants to. See the signup info earlier in the thread for League 5. :D

Zombo

I won the damn thing last year....that should get me an automatic spot...

I won the damn thing last year....that should get me an automatic spot...

Ha! That's right you did ... then you got an invitation from Kathy in June. She needs to re-send it. I'm sure she will.

Zombo

--Did you get a trophy from Skippy and your name on the wall?

Waivers

More importantly A waiver period

How about bringing forth that change this year Or let team owners vote to decide what they may or may not want

Instead of first come first serve on getting the best players..... lock all players as of 1 pm Sunday

and let teams put claims on players with the lower rated teams getting first crack or

if you use a waiver claim on a player you go to the bottom of the waiver list.

This from Yahoo New this year...

Game-time waivers in Fantasy Football

Description

What game-time waivers are, and how to change your waiver options

Resolution

Game-time waivers are a new waiver option in Fantasy Football, which work with both standard and FAAB waiver systems. Game-time waivers are now the default setting for all newly created leagues, public leagues, and pro leagues, though the other three waiver options are also available.

How game-time waivers work:

Each free agent will be placed on waivers as soon as their game begins each week.

Waived players will become available when the claim period ends at 11:59 pm PT on Tuesday.

Players on a bye week will be placed on waivers at 5:30pm PT on Monday, which corresponds with the start time of the Monday night game.

Benched players, even if their game time has begun, may be dropped for any available free agent.

A comparison of waiver options:

Game Time: All unowned players will be placed on waivers at the scheduled start time of their game. In Game Time Waivers, players on a bye week will be placed on waivers Monday night at 5:30pm pacific time.

Sunday - Tuesday: All unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

First game of the week - Tuesday: All unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

None: No waiver is in place.

To set your league's waiver options (commissioners only):

Sign in to your Fantasy Football league.

Click the Commish Tools tab.

In the "League Management" section, click the Edit League Settings link.

Next to "Waiver Mode", change the setting to your preference.

At the bottom of the page, click Submit.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_SPORTS_FAN_FOOTUS&page=content&id=SLN7129

Archived