48 replies to this topic

#41 Mudfly

Mudfly

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

Man, every time I tried to watch highlights of Jonathan Allen and other Bama defenders - Foster kept jumping off the screen as the most impressive guy.  He's very tempting but the red flags couldn't be coming at the worst time.  He got kicked out of the Combines and now this. So what happens with a guy like this?  A team that CAN afford to take the risk with their overall talent load probably will and get rewarded for doing so.  

Currency....the word I keep hearing......and we have more than anybody, right?.....how can we NOT afford it?

#42 Flugel

Flugel

Member since Sept 13, 2003

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

Currency....the word I keep hearing......and we have more than anybody, right?.....how can we NOT afford it?

Like I already typed in the part you carefully chose not to cut and paste:  If we do it (draft Foster at #12)?  He'll probably get suspended while we get treated to another episode of hearing about all the guys we could have drafted at #12 instead.  Mudsies, I gotta go with this:  If he's too high for #12 then #12 is too high for him.

#43 Mudfly

Mudfly

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

except, I dont know if he's high or not......a diluted sample does not necessarily mean he's on drugs....

As a friendly counter to your comment.....he'll probably get drafted low and turn into a hall of famer, while we get treated to another episode of hearing about the superstar we passed on.....

#44 Tour2ma

Tour2ma

Number Hangs in the Rafters

• REGISTERED
  • 18,816 posts
  • Interests:Procrastination... and that keep me plenty busy...

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:54 AM

As I've said before, I see two alpha males in this draft: Adams and Foster. The first is out of reach for me; the 2nd may have just gotten cheaper.

I see a lot of "uninformed" (I'm trying to be kind) takes in this thread, but since most are locking down previous leanings, if not convictions, I kinda understand some of them.

For me this fail simply raised a question mark. One that I may be able to resolve Tuesday... see my uprooted post below...

Depends on whether you believe his "dehydration" explanation. The fact that he jumped in front of this story, that he made it public and contacted every team personally to make his case speaks volumes to me. Bit as Louis Reddick (IIRC) said on both NFL insiders and Live yesterday, at this point teams are looking at this "fail" as "confirmation bias"... same as they do any new information on any prospect at this point in the draft prep process. In other words if they were leaning "no", then they are now likely a firm no. But if they were still a firm "yes" after the Combine dust up, then they are likelier to remain a yes pending the results of renewed due diligence.

One positive for Foster is that several FOs have told Riddick that he has never tested positive for anything at any level. Another is that in general teams have satisfied themselves that the Combine incident had an antagonist on the hospital staff as well. Plus if you add in a physical illness factor on Foster's side of the ledger, it makes his over reaction more understandable. But key here is that any "food poisoning" should have been part of the initial narrative Foster supplied. If it was not, then teams have a legitimate reason to doubt him.

While I am still pro-Foster at 12, obviously the one thing I can't do is meet with him face-to-face and take a personal measure of his "story". But I will have a opportunity to do the next best thing... see him tell it.

Foster is scheduled to be on NFL Insiders and NFL Live this Tuesday.

So I'll get back to y'all late, Tuesday afternoon...

This is great news....means we can have him at 12.....along with Garrett....

... or lower... if enough teams are offput, then a trade down of 12 to a spot that still lands Foster could be sweet. But if I am convinced enough of the truth of his explanation to do that, I'm likely not the only one that';s been convinced.

#45 gumby73

gumby73

All Pro $$

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Camping and Fishing.. Beware before trying to Read at any Time..

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:08 AM

except, I dont know if he's high or not..

1 issues bother me..1.you work to hard to finally get paid & you got to know it's all about passing that drug test coming..You got to Control the Questions of what goes in your body.. a 2nd maybe Paranoid!!.some nurses or doctors can make dopers panic worst than a cop..Combine imo was pure dopers panic as I see it now   

#46 CaineDeSoulis

CaineDeSoulis

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

mid 2nd round... more character issues than manziel at this point...

#47 tiamat63

tiamat63

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

mid 2nd round... more character issues than manziel at this point...

That's good for a laugh.

#48 Tour2ma

Tour2ma

Number Hangs in the Rafters

• REGISTERED
  • 18,816 posts
  • Interests:Procrastination... and that keep me plenty busy...

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

That's good for a laugh.

or more... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  .... 9/10... at least...

#49 Mudfly

Mudfly

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:47 AM

That's good for a laugh.

Here's mine..........HA!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users