THE BROWNS BOARD

FA's

darren15

I know that since Banner and Lombardi went we could find it easier to attract decent FA's

Do you expect players to be swayed by our new project or wanting to join a team with a chance of winning .....I am sure the almighty $$$$ will have a huge say :)

I know that since Banner and Lombardi went we could find it easier to attract decent FA's

Do you expect players to be swayed by our new project or wanting to join a team with a chance of winning .....I am sure the almighty $$$$ will have a huge say :)

I dont think anyone will have us as their first choice, but I dont think people would turn their nose up at Farmer calling as they would with the stooges. Were gonna have to beat any players best offer though. Still think we can snag a couple impact players. We really just have to stay away from the big guarantees as we did last year.

In theory it may be possible for the Browns to fill a few of their holes with FAs......there are FA RBs/WRs/OGs/LBs/CBs out there I suspect that may be as good as anything we can draft.

So you never know.

The one thing not out there in FA is QB.

Here are like the Top 5 at each of the Browns positions of need, excluding QB:

RB: Ben Tate, Darren McFadden, LeGarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew

WR Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders

OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell), Travell Wharton, Chad Rinehart, Willie Colon, Jon Asamoah

ILBs: Donald Butler, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Spikes, Daryl Smith, Jon Beason

CBs: Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Alteraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie

Safty: Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Clemons, Louis Delmas

OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell),

Yes, and they are the first Jewish brothers to play in the NFL since 1923.

We could put them next to each other, Schwartz & Schwartz Roadgraders Inc.

Zombo

Yes, and they are the first Jewish brothers to play in the NFL since 1923.

We could put them next to each other, Schwartz & Schwartz Roadgraders Inc.

Zombo

OK, but my question is would that be Schwartz & Schwartz "UpGraders" from what we have if we got him?

The one site I looked at said that Geoff Schwartz is the #1 OG FA available.

Geoff Schwartz is per what I read 6'6" 340 Lbs. He will be entering his 7th season.....more or less the prime for an OL. He is with his third team now. spent 4 years with the Panthers, 2 with the Vikings and last year with the Chiefs.

He is primarily a Right Guard, so he could play right next to his RT brother. Is that where we need help the most?

He credits his size and strength to eating mahtzo ball soup and latkas.

What would you all think about picking him up for our OG need?

CBSSports.com has the FA OGs ranked thus:

1. Wharton

2. Asmoah

3. Zane Beadles

4. Colon

5. Rinehart

6. Schwartz.

I see this as one area the Browns may definitely used the FA market rather than the draft to fill a need.

Man I thought it was a lock that Schwartz was gonna land here last year. Played under Chud, has his bro here, and we had a huge need for guard. He didnt start his one year in Minnesota so he was cheap. I was yelling for it to happen. Then he signed a 1 yr deal in KC and excelled (he'd had injury problems in the past), he actually stole Asamoah's job mid season and Asamoah is one of the best young guards around. KC will let one walk, and we better be barking up his tree.

RB: Ben Tate, Darren McFadden, LeGarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew - To me these are all no thank you with the exception of Tate. If we can't get Tate I say add Gerhardt and draft one.

WR Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders - This draft is very deep at WR and needing a #2 I personally would look to the draft.

OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell), Travell Wharton, Chad Rinehart, Willie Colon, Jon Asamoah - Schwartz is a decent idea. Thing is do we really need a guard or do we need a tackle moving Mitchell Swartz to guard? I personally think we need a new tackle on the right side.

ILBs: Donald Butler, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Spikes, Daryl Smith, Jon Beason - Love to snag Butler and grab another in the draft. Most of these guys could help our team.

CBs: Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Alteraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie - Verner or Talib would be very nice. Others aging and I would look to draft.

Safty: Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Clemons, Louis Delmas - I am feeling Byrd coming to Cleveland pairing up with TJ. Just imagine Byrd, Ward, Haden and Verner as our secondary. I know I am dreaming but its a good one.

Comments in red.

RB: Ben Tate, Darren McFadden, LeGarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew

~ Id be interested in any of em depending on the price

WR Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders

~ Id be interested in any of em depending on the price

OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell), Travell Wharton, Chad Rinehart, Willie Colon, Jon Asamoah

~ Id be interested in any of em, depending on the price (we have to land one of em though imo)

ILBs: Donald Butler, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Spikes, Daryl Smith, Jon Beason

No thanks on Dansby, Butler's my favorite, rest would help

CBs: Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Alteraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie

Id be interested in any of em, depending on the price. (I think we have to land one)

Safty: Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Clemons, Louis Delmas

with the exception of Byrd, we should pass.

The direction Id go is G and CB in free agency. MLB is another one to watch because we may need two.

Alteraun Verner? What is he, a cross between Star Wars and Animal House? A destroyed planet...Alderan and Dean Vernon Wormer....or is is Wormer Vernon, or Worman Verner?

The first name was from a Scrabble draw and the 2nd name from the soda his mom drank after conception.

He is a beast would love him as a Brown.

Sure. Of course, as I see it, with 10 picks we could end up drafting 2 RBs or 2 MLBs.

Id much rather take 2 RB's than 2 MLB out of this class. And the corner crop doesnt impress at all as far as size goes. I bet all the guys 6'1 and taller are gone by the 3rd. If we dont get a FA MLB we have to take one with one of our first three picks.

Archived