THE BROWNS BOARD

How to beat the Warriors

The Gipper

that's great. They aren't winning shit this year and last year we swept them out of the playoffs. If we meet again expect the same.

Unfortunately great players and franchises are measured by Championships. That's why Lebron left the first time. Beating a bad Celtics team early in the playoffs doesn't mean anything.

I've watched the Celtics win three titles how many have you witnessed.

Too damn many, because I go all the way back to the days of Red Auerbach. If Boston doesn't win another title for the next fifty years, they have more than their share. Ditto the Lakers.

FWIW, 9 out of 10 players with the most Championships- (looked it up) all played for the Celtics- led by Bill Russell with 11. Robert Horry is the only outlier.

So excuse me- just one more before I die- 1964 for the Browns was a LONG time ago.

Too damn many, because I go all the way back to the days of Red Auerbach. If Boston doesn't win another title for the next fifty years, they have more than their share. Ditto the Lakers.

FWIW, 9 out of 10 players with the most Championships- (looked it up) all played for the Celtics- led by Bill Russell with 11. Robert Horry is the only outlier.

So excuse me- just one more before I die- 1964 for the Browns was a LONG time ago.

I hope you get one with the Browns.

It has to do with Curry. As if and when he comes on back. As the Warriors are nothing without him. Sad to say to the expense of the other team members.

Actually they're fine without Curry. Probably sweep Portland. Thompson is stepping up nicely. Not sure if they can beat the Spurs without him though.

Speaking of- that last play of the OKC- Spurs game was the worst case of the Refs swallowing their whistles I've ever seen. Yeah- Ginobli got elbowed, but he was crowding so bad- HE was 1\2 inch away from getting called for stepping out of bounds. (Hey, Waiters, you too dumb to not step back another foot?) Not to mention a couple OKC players almost getting their jerseys ripped off on the inbounds. Refs made it up for not calling Aldridge nearly getting tackled on the last shot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way to beat the Warriors: You need to BEAT the Warriors. Old School Bad Boys style. Pound the hell out of them physically. Get them off their game.

The thing is, I don't know that the Cavs are built that way. They can have some pesky players like Delly or Tatum.....but their main guys like Kyrie and Love are not hardcore guys. Face it, they are a bit soft. LeBron could be hardcore, but he won't be. While it could take a Laimbeer/Mahorn kind of attitude, the Cavs don't have guys like that that would pound you and not care.

I think this is exactly what the Cavs did to the Warriors basically in the final 3 games. Not dirty style, but just in your face tough, physical defense. Even guys that I said above could play soft gutted it out and played great defense.

• 3 months later...

Archived