THE BROWNS BOARD

America - Imagine the world without her

calfoxwc

Cal, you do realize fear is an emotion and you have fearful fits pretty often? (I.E. "big serious trouble")

Also, just because someone doesn't want to watch a Fox News style documentary definitely does not make them liberal. Just not a GOP cheerleader. Log

Do you realize that you just knee jerked again? Anyone who has met me, knows I'm not fearful about much of anything.

I joke around, and find reasons to laugh about stuff. "Big serious trouble" ??? hahahahah.

All that is, is more like Mr. Spock analyzing a lot of data, and making a conclusion. "big serious trouble" is like

"we are walking east, and according to our map (symbolizing "our history") ..that leads to rapids that we can't cross"

as in.... "big serious trouble".

I've seen big serious trouble throughout history, periodically. I've seen fire, and I've seen rain. I've seen stormy days

that I thought would never end. I've seen......

wait, got off track with that song. B)

And, I'm not any kind of GOP groupie. I'm fairly po'd at the GOP establishment. It doesn't have nads, and keeps wanting

to water down their principles, so as to be a little more popular with the rabid, marxist left. Nancy Peelosi could walk

in rhino poop, in her bare feet, and publicly appeal to her leftist base, that Boehner and McConnel sp? were waging

war on women, and those two clowns would lick her toes to show they really aren't.

And, Log, your knee jerk ASSUMPTION that attempts to denigrate my statements with "oh, you don't have a point,

I'm just going to say you're emotional about it, because the fact is, I emote like a liberal, so this is my psychological

defensive mechanism - turnabout knee jerk". You don't say that, but it's pretty evident by your responses.

I could have just called you a hypocrite instead of trying to explain but I guess that was a waste of my time. Keep being a dramatic queen and attributing everything from a hang nail to thunder storms to Obama. I don't care either way. Just trying to clarify for you.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for the record, all of these crazy, brainwashing, liberal profs in college...... Never had any

I had a problem back in the 80's with liberal college professors. I really didn't want to get drawn into arguments but for example a professor would compare right to life org. with the KKK and as a member of right to life I had to confront him and then I probably had many of the apple polishing students siding with the professor and it many times it was a battle that way. I remember another Professor mocking the bible and all the "begats" (Abraham begat Isaac, Isaac begat Jacob etc...) This was a class that had nothing to do with religion but this Professor throws this out in class and then I have to explain to him there is a very specific reason the bible put that in there. The Messiah was to be born of a certain lineage and it proved that Jesus met the requirements of prophecy. To their credit I don't believe any of the Professors took it out on me with my grades.

I did have one professor though slip me a note after the semester and she thanked me for standing up for Christian principals and said there were times she wanted to join me but she was afraid she would get into trouble with the rest of the liberal faculty at the school.

Your Prof was all like "God is dead" and you were all like "No! Me and the duck dynasty guys will show you!" and you Prof was like "Your love of Jesus has shown me the way!"

Just kidding.

Where did you go to school?

I guess by never really being in many liberal arts classes may have allowed me to avoid that. Though I did argue / be a smartass some in my Environmental Ethics class haha. Needed a 300 level humanities... What are you gonna do?

And for the record, all of these crazy, brainwashing, liberal profs in college...... Never had any

I think in the sciences and math you rarely get a liberal professor. I can't recall having one outside of a required English comp course. Even history courses I had taken were taught by pretty conservative profs. I used to go shooting at the range with one of them.

I went to a small 2 year college (Edison State). It wasn't all bad with liberal professors. Many of the courses I took in criminal justice were taught by a former St. Louis police officer who I liked a lot and the only rabbit trails he went down (off topic about the class) were about sports. He was a huge Cardinals fan who used to do security at the stadium as a police officer. He was one of the few professors who were liberal but his ideology never came out in class and the only way I even knew he was a liberal was he spoke sometimes about getting in some debates with his conservative daughter. That is the way it should be but he was the minority.

I went to Kent back in the day - early seventies. They had liberal profs, you betcha.

The one that took it out on me (per the Dean) was an anti-war protester leader.

Ah, should have found that out before I took the class, but, silly me.

Woody, you went to Michigan. Don't lie to all the fine people here about all your liberal profs. Also, you share an alma mater with Ann Coulter. Kudos.

I had a professor at Texas State (this is Texas, mind you). He went on a feminist rant one day. Made all kinds of claims that I knew were just false. After about the fourth one I started writing them down. That weekend I emailed him proof of the falsehood of each statement.

I don't remember his whole tirade, but to give you an example of the level of junk we're dealing with here, this clown claimed Bush said in a SOTU speech he'd reinstitute the draft. Total lie.

Anyway he calls me to his office (these guys always want to meet in person where your guard is down and they can exert their authority and you can't think of a response very quickly). Tells me that I should chill out and he only makes those statements to get the group thinking.

I told him this is a tier 3 school. This is a freshman course. When you assert things as fact, people believe you. If these kids were better critical thinkers, they wouldn't be at Texas State. This guy basically told me to STFU, stop fact checking him, and enjoy the class.

Also, on topic, I've seen D'Souza's movie and read the book. It is outstanding work responding to all the indictments against America. The reach he makes at the end to mention the panopticon was a little much.

Just looking at the general intelligence (or hygiene) (or hypocrisy) levels of D'Souza vs. Moore pretty much invalidate the comparison IMO.

Cal, you do realize fear is an emotion and you have fearful fits pretty often? (I.E. "big serious trouble")

Also, just because someone doesn't want to watch a Fox News style documentary definitely does not make them liberal. Just not a GOP cheerleader.

As a "Lincoln" Republican anything short of Tea Party Fanaticism and you're RINO

Smaller gov, lower taxes, and supporting our Constitution is "fanatical" ???

nah. That's American. Go to at least one Tea Party rally, then get back to me.

Smaller gov, lower taxes, and supporting our Constitution is "fanatical" ???

nah. That's American. Go to at least one Tea Party rally, then get back to me.

No that is actually very pragmatic but looking at the vast majority of your threads and they are titled:

Yep. Black hoodlum beat up white passenger just because

Dirtbag Marxist Obamao has Israeli nuke program secrets made public

Now another black kid is killed, and torched, Ferguson, NO witnesses coming forward

But the problem is the Department of Homeland Security was growing government, corporate tax rates are at a very low rate and the Constitution unfortunately is a document that can be interpreted.

For instance the second amendment, arguably one of the most argued, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." To me this means, as a newly formed nation that broke away from imperial tyranny due in large part to civilian militia, we must maintain the ability to form those militias to defend ourselves from future attack. And many interpret, an absolute right to own and possess any form of military munition they want.

But those threads have nothing to do with the platform of the Tea Party.

I get annoyed by the right-wing smack shit talk around here but I don't see why the platform of the Tea Party should offend me.

(I do understand they will tend to vote Republican and it is the Democrats job to make them seem like lunatics. but...)

WSS

I think in the sciences and math you rarely get a liberal professor. I can't recall having one outside of a required English comp course. Even history courses I had taken were taught by pretty conservative profs. I used to go shooting at the range with one of them.

And that's why engineers tend to be conservative...they live in the real world, having to solve problems using logic, not fantasy, compassion, or feelings.

They must make things work.

But those threads have nothing to do with the platform of the Tea Party.

I get annoyed by the right-wing smack shit talk around here but I don't see why the platform of the Tea Party should offend me.

(I do understand they will tend to vote Republican and it is the Democrats job to make them seem like lunatics. but...)

WSS

The rants of Bachmann, Cruz and Palin as their spokesperson while continually causing socially moderate republicans to be deemed unworthy is right in line with a lot of these types of threads.

The rants of Bachmann, Cruz and Palin as their spokesperson while continually causing socially moderate republicans to be deemed unworthy is right in line with a lot of these types of threads.

Really? I think the venom spewed by the left about those three people is a million times worse. I mean the Democrats have been positively deranged over the Ted Cruz annoucement.

WSS

Really? I think the venom spewed by the left about those three people is a million times worse. I mean the Democrats have been positively deranged over the Ted Cruz annoucement.

WSS

Not just Democrats upset by Cruz, moderate Republicans not happy as well. He'll talk immigration and Obamacare and then it'll be Christians are being exterminated in the US and biggest business is bad (ignoring his campaign contributors like Goldman Sachs).

Not just Democrats upset by Cruz, moderate Republicans not happy as well. He'll talk immigration and Obamacare and then it'll be Christians are being exterminated in the US and biggest business is bad (ignoring his campaign contributors like Goldman Sachs).

And there may be a lot of the Republicans who hate him. Let's say somebody is actually a Republican and really truly believes in the things Cruz preaches. The mainstream probably thinks that's a little too harsh and would prefer to act as if they are Democrat lite. Not because they are moderate but because they don't want to lose their admittedly cake jobs.

And frankly I understand that, I understand the love of power and celebrity and would probably accept a job as a Democrat congressman even though I probably don't agree with most of their shit. I think that's human nature. these entrenched politicians see Teddy as someone who threatens that security.

WSS

And there may be a lot of the Republicans who hate him. Let's say somebody is actually a Republican and really truly believes in the things Cruz preaches. The mainstream probably thinks that's a little too harsh and would prefer to act as if they are Democrat lite. Not because they are moderate but because they don't want to lose their admittedly cake jobs.

And frankly I understand that, I understand the love of power and celebrity and would probably accept a job as a Democrat congressman even though I probably don't agree with most of their shit. I think that's human nature. these entrenched politicians see Teddy as someone who threatens that security.

WSS

Don't get me wrong Cruz isn't all crazy. The problem is he will be very moderate speaking about immigration in terms of his family background and then say, "If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews, then I won't stand with you".

And that's why engineers tend to be conservative...they live in the real world, having to solve problems using logic, not fantasy, compassion, or feelings.

They must make things work.

What is your experience with engineers, I am curious.

Hard science professors don't put a liberal swing on their classes. They also don't put a conservative one. There is NO political bias in what they teach. Over 4 years in the college of engineering a Michigan I don't think I saw anything political come up once. People are too busy and have other things to worry about.

Don't get me wrong Cruz isn't all crazy. The problem is he will be very moderate speaking about immigration in terms of his family background and then say, "If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews, then I won't stand with you".

I respect your opinions greatly but I fear I may disagree with you about Israel. I don't think that's a crazy statement.

WSS

Here is the context in which Ted Cruz spoke of standing with the Jews and Israel:

9/10/14

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was literally booed off stage after he praised Israel and condemned religious bigotry during his keynote speech at a conference for Middle Eastern Christians in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday night. The sold out event was hosted by the non-profit group In Defense of Christians.

“Tonight, we are all united in defense of Christians,” Cruz said. “Tonight, we are all united in defense of Jews. Tonight, we are all united in defense of people of good faith, who are standing together against those who would persecute and murder those who dare disagree with their religious teachings.”

He labeled religious bigotry a “cancer with many manifestations,” citing the “genocidal campaign” being carried out by radical Islamic groups like the Islamic State, Hezbollah and Hamas.

The crowd seemingly started to turn on Cruz when he suggested that “Christians have no greater ally than Israel.” Individuals in the crowd reportedly started booing and shouting, “stop it.”

But Cruz continued even as the boos got louder: “Those who hate Israel hate America. Those who hate Jews hate Christians. If those in this room will not recognize that, then my heart weeps. If you hate the Jewish people you are not reflecting the teachings of Christ. And the very same people who persecute and murder Christians right now, who crucify Christians, who behead children, are the very same people who target Jews for their faith, for the same reason.”

When the crowd refused to be quiet and listen to what Cruz had to say, he left them with one final, stinging line before he walked off the stage.

“If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews, then I will not stand with you,” Cruz said. “Good night, and God bless.”

I respect your opinions greatly but I fear I may disagree with you about Israel. I don't think that's a crazy statement.

WSS

Don't really care about his opinion on Israel as much as his definitive stance on the topic. To me when of the great characteristics of a President is supporting the will of the people, I know a novel idea in the age of super pacts, and to never say never.

Don't really care about his opinion on Israel as much as his definitive stance on the topic. To me when of the great characteristics of a President is supporting the will of the people, I know a novel idea in the age of super pacts, and to never say never.

Of course that would mean he won't be elected, that is if the people don't support his position. That's why we have, or at least should have, elections. This guy says something I don't like and vows to stick to it then I won't vote for him.If he says something I do like and I fear he will flip flop the minute he wins his seat...

WSS

Of course that would mean he won't be elected, that is if the people don't support his position. That's why we have, or at least should have, elections. This guy says something I don't like and vows to stick to it then I won't vote for him.If he says something I do like and I fear he will flip flop the minute he wins his seat...

WSS

Flip-Flop, Mr. Rove that you :) I cringe every time I hear it.

I have more faith, yeah I said faith, in a leader that logically changes their position based on new knowledge than I do in one who blindly "sees it through"

As a matter of fact if I were a Democrat I might hate Obama worse than the Republicans do. he hasn't really followed through on anything he campaigned on. he opposed the public mandate when he ran against Hillary he opposed gay marriage he promised to end the war and then escalated it promised to close down Gitmo (as if anybody really gave a shit) promised to put a stop to torture but continued with the rendition program that sent the fuckers the Saudi Arabia to get their ass beat etcetera etcetera etcetera.

WSS

Here is the context in which Ted Cruz spoke of standing with the Jews and Israel:

9/10/14

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was literally booed off stage after he praised Israel and condemned religious bigotry during his keynote speech at a conference for Middle Eastern Christians in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday night. The sold out event was hosted by the non-profit group In Defense of Christians.

Tonight, we are all united in defense of Christians, Cruz said. Tonight, we are all united in defense of Jews. Tonight, we are all united in defense of people of good faith, who are standing together against those who would persecute and murder those who dare disagree with their religious teachings.

He labeled religious bigotry a cancer with many manifestations, citing the genocidal campaign being carried out by radical Islamic groups like the Islamic State, Hezbollah and Hamas.

The crowd seemingly started to turn on Cruz when he suggested that Christians have no greater ally than Israel. Individuals in the crowd reportedly started booing and shouting, stop it.

But Cruz continued even as the boos got louder: Those who hate Israel hate America. Those who hate Jews hate Christians. If those in this room will not recognize that, then my heart weeps. If you hate the Jewish people you are not reflecting the teachings of Christ. And the very same people who persecute and murder Christians right now, who crucify Christians, who behead children, are the very same people who target Jews for their faith, for the same reason.

When the crowd refused to be quiet and listen to what Cruz had to say, he left them with one final, stinging line before he walked off the stage.

If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews, then I will not stand with you, Cruz said. Good night, and God bless.

That's AWESOME.

The more I know about Ted Cruz the more I like him. The liberals are out in full force trying to demonize him, make it seem like he is too extreme and marginalize him. Their usual stuff. In general it is always the republican party that gets tagged for going too far right and taken over by extremists. I don't get why the democrats don't get hammered the same way for the extreme left positions of their own party.

It's just more liberal knee jerk reactions. They will go after

anyone running for the nomination on the Rep ticket.

It's what they do, emotionally attack.

Archived