THE BROWNS BOARD

Wisconsin Woes

JBrohamer

A friend of mine is from Wisconsin and Scott Walker is seen as satan incarnate by a lot of people over there, apparently. Still, I've seen some mention him as a presidential candidate, so he's presumably 'very republican', which would explain it.

A friend of mine is from Wisconsin and Scott Walker is seen as satan incarnate by a lot of people over there, apparently. Still, I've seen some mention him as a presidential candidate, so he's presumably 'very republican', which would explain it.

As Walker likes to say, he was elected 3 times in 4 years.

Twice during standard election cycles and once to beat back a recall vote.

Wisconsin has a long history of Unionization so I find it heartening that Walker, still, finds himself in favor with the voting majority.

If he can win in WI, I wouldn't put it past him to win in November. Not that he'd be my first choice but, clearly, an improvement over the Anointed One

Warning to USA- our governor blows, we feel it up here.

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/03/pew-report-wisconsin-no-1-state-household

So we get stats without any explanation of the contributing factors just that Walker is the boogeyman. I am sure Walker personally caused it and it had nothing to do with market conditions at all. His policies very well could have something to do with it but that link just says "bad things are happening and this guy is at fault". Not what policies may have caused the situation.

He has all the Progressive liberals crying because he hates unions. I like him.

He has all the Progressive liberals crying because he hates unions. I like him.

I think it's more than that, it's about widening the gap between rich and poor when it should be going the other way.

I think it's more than that, it's about widening the gap between rich and poor when it should be going the other way.

Au contraire mon frere, it seems wages have gone slightly down while the job outlook has increased dramatically. That means less highly overpaid union jobs but more employment for the common citizen.

WSS

Did he make the teachers work a 40 hour week? Did he make the teachers chip in on their health insurance saving the tax payers millions of dollars in the future? They hate him for taking a bankrupt state and turning it around by forcing the union workers to earn their tax dollars. Teachers can cry all they want but they make more than the private sector, get full benefits and have three months off in the summer. Cry me a river.

Must be a teacher or other union member. DieHard

That's a great bet. Union Bob by another name?

I can't wait to vote for Walker now if he gets the nomination.

You aren't in a union, then? That would throw our theory in the dumpster.

I hate that. B)

I still think Walker got re-elected because he got the state in better shape that it was, dramatically.

It's dumb to despise the guy who had to straighten out the democrats' mess, because he's a republican

and things aren't perfect.

But all along, when things were going in the tank...the unions kept supporting the dems in power, all the same.

Archived